got my 1000 watt today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashplant420

Reaction score
ok i got my 1000 watt switchable ballast with reflectsun aircooled hoos and 3 bulbs 2 hps and one metal halide.know sinsce its 1000 watts so i am not goin to need side lighting right.and my concern is how big of a area i should be using for it getting duct booster fan to vent the hood.ohh yeah and i only paid 220 for all of it...:D

very niice, dude. I love my 1kwHPS. You won't be upset with the yield. My fav lamps are hortilux. Keeper Green, friend. Plus, I use the vented heat to warm my bedroom during those chilly winter nights. Laters.

yeah keep that thing in not too small of a place.
not too too large either tho.
needs alot of vent its hot im guessing even with the aircooled hood
im not sure tho
congrats on the purchase tho man thats dope
keep blazin

Hey there glad to see you got a nice light! Like other peeps said you won't be disappointed! I have a 1000w and use it in a box that is 6ftLx4ftWx6ftH and use a 2 Ck series inline for intake and out take there rated 600cfm I also have 2 muffin fans blowing directly on the bulbs! I posted some pics of my girls yesterday showing how close I get my 1000w to the plant conopy 6 inches:hubba: check it out! Hope that helps a little and good luck with the new light!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

Congrat's on the purchase hashplant, had you been running HID lighting and just upgraded your watts?

ohh i upgraded buy 750 watts so im goin to make my room 4x4x6 will that be big anuff for it or am i pushing my luck

sweet, nice upgrade then. I'm currently running a 400w in my 8 sq ft box, but would like to upgrade to the 600w soon!

For me a 1000w would be pushing it, for you you've got 16 sq ft. I would say that you should be able to control temps in that amount of space.

i hear that im runnin a 400. thinking i shoulda went with the 600. id be sketched with more then that porb. but thats just me

you should take off the swear man
the rules! the rules!

im blazing bong hits
i cant even picture people with two 1000w lamps.
just crazy. how do they not get found with those in their house?

just went from a 1000w to a 600w, MUCH cooler, and since i can hang it about a foot from the canapy without it even really warming my hand (could go lower) i dont think i will be playing with 1000w'ters anytime soon again, besides, a six hundred will yield the same in most instances.

read up! 600w is the way to go, more efficient lumen/watt, closer to plants means less lost light intensity, therefore giving the same intensity roughly as a 1000w.

jmo.

yeah but the price i got it for i couldnt complain
i was even thinking of using the hood for my 250 but whom knows yet
my hydro bill probly be 40 bucks more maybe cause ill be getting rid of the sid e lighting

yeah, i hear ya, six hundred wasnt much cheaper than my 1000, overall tho, im glad, the 600 is soooooo much cooler and my electric bill was getting up there!

i paid 220 for a air colled hood 1000 watt switchable ballast 2 hps bulbs and one mh bulb were can i get a 600 for that with hood and 3 bulbs.
then fans im using are 500 cfm duct fans goin to be using 2 of them one sucking and one blowing.
my space is only 6x4x4 is only a 94 square foot box im changing the air threw the hood at 1000 cfm into my chimney. that wont cool the bulb enough for me

thats fine, i used a 300 cfm for both my 1000w'ers, one for veg and flower, and i cooled them both with the same fan. If you have at least 500 cfms cooling your light im sure you will be fine.

Latest posts

Back