Government Got Me!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell them you live in a very small cabin. You've been alone for a few years now, and you have a manifesto you would like them to read before your chosen for a trial. You'll be home by 10 am.

The one and only reason I am happy to have the big F on my record (15 yrs. ago btw...) jury duty just does not sound fun to me at all (from what my wife says)

Everytime I have been called to jd I get ousted in the first round. I sit there for an hour, maybe a little more, they call my # then tell me to go home. I've never made it any farther than the hallway.

have any of us MP'ers n mj fans ever been selected to jury over a MJ related charge? i wonder how that would go for anyone of us lol.

ArtVandolay said:
In any jury trial, there are 3 possible outcomes:

- the guilty person is convicted/innocent person is acquitted (mutually exclusive). Each (depending on the situation), the "correct" decision;
- a guilty person is acquitted (this is a Type II statistical error);
- an innocent person is convicted (a Type I statistical error). Note also that the guilty person is still free in this case;

You don't want to know why I know this stuff :).

OK, I'll bite I DO I DO I DO, why do you know this stuff...lawyer, cop, judge or convict...or none of the above? :p

PS I would not mind jury duty, it's better than being on the other side of the rail!!!

If I'm ever called for jury duty, (and I doubt I will be if I haven't by now), then I'll just be honest with them.

I'll tell them that I think their entire system of justice is a joke. I'll tell them that I take it seriously only as far as I have to to ensure my own continued freedom and that I couldn't care less what happens in their stupid little courtroom full of liars, actors, halfwits and hypocrites.

That is my honest opinion of the US legal system.

They'd be insane to put me on a jury after hearing that.

Well put, Art. I'm afraid that in certain circumstances I'd have a hard time making a decision in the presence of others. At times, I need to be alone and sleep on a problem before coming to a conclusion. It would require listening to everyone's input and then think over in private and then go back and put in my two cents. Too slow for most people.

Sometimes people can present an argument that seems irrefutable. Just the same, there's something that bothers me and I'm still not convinced that I'm wrong and the other person is right. It has to thought over (kinda like Columbo having to obsess over that one thing that was "bothering"him. He needed time to think.

In other words, there'd be times that I'd be in perfect accord with everyone, but other times where I'd difficult to reason with. I'd get on everyone's nerves.

Remember the Andy Griffith episode where Aunt Bee is on the jury? 11 jurors said that Jack Nicholson was guilty, but Bee for some reason, couldn't convict. Everyone was pissed with her, but in the end she was vindicated. It was someone else who had burgled the repair shop, not Jack.

The New Girl said:
OK, I'll bite I DO I DO I DO, why do you know this stuff...lawyer, cop, judge or convict...or none of the above? :p

PS I would not mind jury duty, it's better than being on the other side of the rail!!!

No :). I majored in statistics a long time ago. Pretty exciting, right?

Latest posts

Back