Great News !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1974

Reefer !
Reaction score
Ok, Im really stoked right now !
I am currently in contract negotiation with a brand new dispensery club where I live ! I will be supplying the club with baked items , clones, and growing 3 different strains for meds as well ! :hubba:
I just got my paperwok from the Dr. (owner) yesterday, (get this) to be exempt from the state and county regulations for growing MJ.... :yay: I am also going to donate a % of these goods to patients who can not afford to buy or grow their own meds as well ! I am so excited to be able to have an oppertunity like this ! I think the future for MJ is looking pretty good ! :D

Way cool.....Good luck to you on your endevor.

A despencery I go to on the coast, charges you like ten more on an oz every other time you buy some MMJ. That way they are able to give some away to people who cant afford it. I dont mind that at all, paying the extra. I look at it like I get a discount when the price is lower.

Thanks tc ! I am trying to go over all of the pro's and cons of doing this, I have a pretty succesful const. company that I spend most of my time running but the market has been really slow! I think if done correctly I could have a nice suplimental income from this and also be able to help those out who need it ! Im really excited about it, but if any of you have any opinions on this I am open for discussion ! You know the old saying, " two heads are better than one "

:ciao: chris..i feel ya excitment man.:yay:.Thanks...Its a great felling to know ya can help someone huh? this sounds like a WIN WIN...and with that you cant lose:aok: Run with it.:lama:.Marrijuana legealaztion Is comeing. and if ya can supliment income i say grow for it..I too am in the industry you are..looks like anothe 5 yrs for commercial here and Residential maybe another year..Not sure what that stimulis will do..( no discusion politics okay?) ill see ya in the Club..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

We are closer now then we've ever been ! sure would be exciting to see in our lifetime wouldnt it ? As long as we all stay active in the big push, we will atleast be doing our part I guess.....

I am not sure how a "contract" would work, but I would want no part of it.

Pretty much any dispensary will take your goods without a contract, this has been my experience.
There are NO exemptions man for growing herb, or anything to do with the MMJ scene. The ONLY thing the dispensary owner can do is make YOU a Legal partner in the Non Profit corporation he SHOULD have formed in order to do business in Cali.

Now, from your first post, I take it the dispensary Owner is also a Doctor who reccomends MMJ, Is this correct?
If so, As a Doctor, he CAN reccomend a higher plant count for you. This can be any number he pleases, as there are no restrictions for what a Doctor can and cannot recomend as far as MMJ. If he WRITES down that you can grow 1000 plants, then you can grow 1000 plants.

That also makes me think....I would be leary of a Doctor who recomends MMJ and runs a dispensary. Conflict of interest? This could land him in trouble with both State and Federal agencies. Not sure about this at all...but just my guess.

So, don't get me wrong bro, I too am part of the new "MMJ" industry here in Cali, and have been for a while now. I personally have no issue with a Doc running a dispensary, but it seems shady man.

My advice is to look carefully over any "contract" Doc has u sign.
I CANNOT stress enough that if he does not make you a legit part of his Non-Profit, OR gives you a Medical Rec for the amount of plants you are REALLY going to be running, then he is usuing u bro.

If LEO comes knocking and you do not have either, your cooked if you have a garden larger then 99 plants and no paperwork to support it.

I concur NCH, All contracts should be read and analyzed before signing.

Does seem to be a bit of a conflict of interest.

Wish I could get my doc to say I could grow 1000, couldnt do it but would like to wish it.

My advice is to stay 100% legal, that way poeple in other states can use you and the good work you do, to help them get the laws in other states changed. Do everything by the book, that way you show the people against it, how wrong they are.

Actually I was the one who was going to discuss some form of a contract agreement, as this is what I do for a living ! I am a licensed General contractor, a lic. home inspection company and a lic. const. estimator so when it come to loophole and legalities in contracts, believe me I am on my A game and am no dummy ! (not that anyone insisted)

More so a contract to protect myself and my assets ! I have alot to look after and a great lawyer that assists me in doing so ! If I was going to make a move such as this one I plan on staying inside the guidelines of the loopholes of the laws. I do appreciate everyones opinions on this thread, that is why i posted it.

Im hopeing I can make this thing fly just to prove to the people who are on the fence that what we are all about isnt a bad thing, and more so, a great thing for hundres of reasons. So I will look at this situation thrue a microsope before I step any further !

Cool man. I have been dealing with Dispensaries since '97 and I have never seen a "contract" with any of them.
I will be suprised if the dispensary owner will sign YOUR contract, as there are 100's of folks willing to supply without one.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I got to agree with Ozzyo here, and You too Chris, keepin it legal, within the Proposisiton and Law is the way to go.

Will make for a better chance of eventual decriminalizing and next step to Legalizing.

Good luck to you Chris.

Im not sure it will fly either ? but my greatest concern I guess would be supplying this place with edibles and someone coming back and saying they got food poisoning or something crazy like that, and having the finger pointed at me as being at fault ? I discussed the whole health department issue already and the only two places where we could find any regulations was San Francisco, and LA counties ? If you dont mind me asking NorCalHal....... since you mentioned you have a business relationship with a club, how has your experience been so far ?, I might pick your brain here and there if you dont mind ? :D

Dude...the more I think about this...the more I am worried for you.
I understand that you are obviously a sharp guy, but trust me, there are dispensarys ran be some SLICK cats who have been in the game long before MMJ was even a term.

The fact that a dispensary owner offered paperwork to make it's suppliers "exempt" is what has me worried. There are NO exemptions man. None at all. If someone tells you different, they are dead wrong. Ask any MMJ lawyer.

As I said, the only way is to operate as a "collective", or have a Dr's rec stating specific plant numbers.
So, if the dispensary in question is willing to make you an official "employee" of the dispensary, then you will be "legal" ans your existing assets will be fine.

Not to get into your business man, but what sort of paperwork did the dispensary owner supply?

I do not deal with edibles at all. Strickly clones and finished herb.
I could not give you much advice on the selling of edibles, as I am just not sure. I do think that the market for edibles is faltering from what it used to be.
As far as health departments, I have not heard of regulations regarding a Health and safty code to adhear to, but I have not looked into it.

Lets talk general sales to a dispensary.

Of course, you have to be a MMJ patient and be a member of the club you wish to sell to.
As you know, you can join any club, and multiple clubs.

It is REALLY simple, imo. You take your wares to a dispensary and they look it over. They either buy it or not. You haggle over the price you want and go from there. Most clubs work on consignment, meaning you give them the product, and they will tell you a Date to come back and pick up your loot.

I have NEVER been burnt by a club doing this, and this has become SOP for alot of clubs due to the fact that there are lines of folks wanting to sell thier herb to the clubs.

Some of the newer clubs pay Cash up fromt to break into the market.

There are no names involved at all. I am "dude with blue back pack". It is for the growers safety not to have a paperwork trail leading from a dispensary.

Taxes are up to the grower to pay as Income Tax. Both Federally and State.
If a dispensay owner wants you to fill out a 1099...laugh and walk out. If this is done, then you are at risk of catching a charge of cultivation and sales if the club is ever busted by the Feds. They will stick you with what ever the dispensary has on hand...so if they had 50 pounds, you as a "on the books" grower will catch the charge also.

I do concede that the Feds are becoming less and less a concern out here in Cali, as they really have backed off 99% since January.

But, all in all man, shop around. Bring your wares to other clubs and see what they offer you also for your wares. I understand that you may feel comfortable with the one you are dealing with, but take a look around and see if there are others. It is just good to have other options.

No worries man I totally understand where you are coming from and thank you for looking out bro ! He mentioned he could give me a referal to see another Dr. that would give me some kind of exemption permit that woud allow me to surpass the limit in order to be a provider for the club and its patients ? Im sure you know alot more than I do when it comes to these legalities being I am a new grower and this is al new to me ! So dont get me wrong I totally apreciate you input bro...... thank you ! :D

I have never heard of an exemption permit at all, BUT I do know some docs are willing to reccomend a high plant count.
I am curious as to what the doctor would give you as an exemption tho.
A Doctor CAN allow you to grow wahtever they see fit really.

I would take the referal and go see the new Dr. See what he offers. You just might be fortunate and see a Dr. that WILL allow you big numbers and allow a bigger cultivation op. A Rec from a Doctor is KEY.

So, if your particular county only allows 6/12 plants, and your Doctor gives you a rec for 90 plants, the Doctors rec OVERIDES the local limits in ALL cases.

IE. I live in a county with a 6/12 limit...My Dr. gave me a Rec for 90 plants...and my wife 90 plants...believe i am usuing this limit to the max.

My county has the same 6 / 12 I will look into this and get back to you for sure bro ! You got my wheels turnin, thanks again NorCalHal !

Latest posts

Back