Grey mold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
Mold engulfed my NL and Skunk buds a few weeks towards end of flowering. Humidity has been normal. Maybe overwatering or cold overnight temps? A couple nights temp got to 58-60 or so. Plants ruined.

Do the mold spores spread very easily throughout the room if you cut the infected buds off?

IMG_2741z.jpg

Neither if those things did this. And no, bud rot doesn't spread like a plague. Either 2 things happened,

1: You did not have nearly enough constant, room wide air circulation.

2: Your humidity gauge is way off.

Or a combo of both. But usually #1 is always it.

As a grower get better, or runs strains that produce really well, it's key to have them always, always swaying in the wind per say. I like quite a bit of circulation. I generally will have a little wind burn on a couple of plants I like it so much.

:yeahthat:
i usualy run with more airflow then is generaly needed, as Nouvell said, i personaly would prefer to have some wind damage then have too little circulation

Fans directed on plants stress plants out too much. I tried that last grow and ended up with hermies. This grow I had plenty of air circulation on my lights, in the room (10x10) plus gentle air on the plants during light hours.

This article on gray mold states that over-watering and over-fertilizing can be to blame. And it states the following about sterilization and spreading of spores:

"The other thing gray mold loves is high humidity"

"Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to keep gray mold spores out of your hydroponics grow room, they will get in and start to work destroying your crops. It’s likely to happen during bloom phase."

"Any time you work with a plant that has gray mold, sterilize all your equipment that touches that plant. Change your clothes and shower after coming in contact with gray mold, before you go back into your grow room."

"Never allow plants that have been infected with gray mold to come into contact with plants that have not yet been infected."

"growing Indicas that are known to be gray mold magnets...You might be best off to change the strains you grow"

http://bigbudsmag.com/grow/article/marijuanas-evil-enemy-gray-mold-june-2011

Latest posts

Back