Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have HPS in :) I'm using 400w MH with digital ballast dimmer set to 50% and the lights were at about 18" from them. I put them to about 22" last night, judging the heat with the back of my hand.

I'm getting a T5 and 2x4 tent etc for a veg area in the next month. Definitely the best way to go.

Cheers for dropping a line WeedHopper! :D

@Oldsman: (and @ Weedhopper) ..I'll head up and fill the cups to the rim right now, and report back with pics in the next 15-20 mins.

Cheers all, I really love this place and you all. :cool:

You are kinda caught in the middle right now.Your light needs to be closer but it radiates to much heat for the seedlings to handle at this stage.The plants aren't worried about the heat,all they want to do is get as close to the light source as they can,hence the stretch.This is the reason most peeps are using flouros(t5,cfl whatever)is the ability to put the plant closer to the source.At 18-22" the lose of lumens is substantial enough I think to attribute to the stretch.I wouldn't fire up the big lights at least till they get 3-4 sets of leaves and you transplant them.JMO

DGF, I surely don't know much, but I was able to get my 600W MH down to about 8" from my seedlings at 75%, or 450W a couple of months ago on my first grow.

That's when everything started to take off. Before that the light was at about 24", and I had too much stretch, as well, and had to put more soil in my cups to combat it. Which, by the way, had no ill effects whatsoever.

This stage was the scariest for me, and it definitely seems to be the one with the least amount of information out there on it.

But don't sweat it! :chillpill: It'll all be great!

Peace,

:icon_smile: key :icon_smile:

Your babies are gonna be in trouble ifen ya dont stop the stretch. Use a single CFL and drop it down real close.

Thanks guys. Just lowered the light again when I went up. They all look good and healthy, I think my big stretch ended last week honestly. But after I upload these pics, I'll lower the light a lot while I'm gone and check them tonight when I come home. :)

Here's some before and after pics. Before the soil added, then after.

Thoughts?

GrowDay14Day.jpg

GrowDay14Day-2.jpg

GrowDay14Day-3.jpg

GrowDay14Day-4.jpg

GrowDay14Day-5.jpg

GrowDay14Day-6.jpg

GrowDay14Day-7.jpg

GrowDay14Day-8.jpg

GrowDay14Day-9.jpg

GrowDay14Day-10.jpg

GrowDay14Day-11.jpg

Just got home, they are all in great shape. Ended up lowering the light to 10-12" or so off the top of them just before I left hours ago. 71° 39% RH

Looks much better Bro. Green Mojo to yas.

Thanks for that WeedHopper. :)

Here's pics for tonight.

Temps: 71°
RH: 30%

Thinking they look good and like the light closer. Think they may be enjoying some of that CO2 as well. :D :hubba:

GrowDay14Night.jpg

GrowDay14Night-2.jpg

GrowDay14Night-3.jpg

GrowDay14Night-4.jpg

GrowDay14Night-5.jpg

GrowDay14Night-6.jpg

Thinking of 4-5 week veg. More like 5 or so. Just want to get some training done and be happy with my 4 plants harvest as much as possible. :) Going to be doing a bit of cloning as well I believe.

Ellis,once you get the cloning bug it's hard to stop.Before ya know it you'll have more clones than space allows,least that's how it is with me somestimes.It will also make growing from seed seem even slower.

Cheers Oldsman! Yeah the plan from the start was to just keep cloning (Hence the purchase of Clonex) and shave some time off with no germ needed.. just recovery time.

Good morning everyone. :)

Ladies looked good this morning. Not sure of the second to last pic... seems like there may(?) be some "taco-ing" and even slight yellowing going on. This must be from me lowering the light yesterday and it adjusting? Also, the yellowing I assume is a sign requesting some nutes, but I'd like your thoughts. If you need better pics of the second from last pic, let me know.

The last pic is the Blue Lemon Thai .. one of the freebies I germed a few days after germing the Pineapple Chunk, just to try to fill my tent in more. I see 2nd set of true leaves, but surely it's a little behind on height.. I expect it to catch up a bit. Either way, training should help in the next few weeks.

Thoughts? :D

Day 15

Temps: 66°
RH: 25%

GrowDay15Morning.jpg

GrowDay15Morning-2.jpg

GrowDay15Morning-3.jpg

GrowDay15Morning-4.jpg

GrowDay15Morning-5.jpg

If your temps are took from the height of the seedlings then there should be no problem, but be careful they can get burnt very easy at this stage.

Seedings that size should not need nutes yet, I also believe you are quite some time away from any "training" as well.

Let them be, I can see your the type to "love them to death"

Temps are taking (which I mentioned along the way in a few other posts) from the side of the tent, where the meter is hanging.

Yeah I thought nutes were within the next few days / week surely.. I'll hold off until it's suggested so here for sure! :)

I know I'm quite some time from training.. just because I mentioned it didn't mean I was going to head up there and duct tape my entire 1/2 inch plant to the bottom of its pot. (loads of sarcasm here for comedy sake hah :) )

Yeah, I will monitor and ask questions about them "to death" but I generally don't like to even touch the plants without talking about it here, lol.

Thanks for looking out and speaking your mind Growdude. You're very much appreciated in this thread!

Yeah,my wife is just about ready to let me grow in the house:hubba: so she can see more of me.:angrywife: :watchplant: :watchplant: :giggle: :stoned:

Lookin' in the tent tonight, this is what I saw. Not sure if (in 3rd and 4th pic) I have 1 plant that's ever so slightly yellowing... and if so, everything is telling me it needs some Nitrogen.

Temps: 70°
RH: 31%
PPM: 40
PH: 7.0 (said the meter.. drops look to be around 6.5-6.8 in my opinion. May have to re-calibrate my cheap *** PH meter already.)

GrowDay15Night.jpg

GrowDay15Night-2.jpg

GrowDay15Night-3.jpg

GrowDay15Night-4.jpg

GrowDay15Night-5.jpg

patience grasshopper---that bagged soil should have plenty o nutes in it to last you till they grow out of their container---ph @7 is locking out manganese and iron---don't fret---if you can ph your water down to 6.6, 6.5, 6.4, you are golden---if you can't just keep your hands in your pockets for a bit---try some diluted fish emulsion as a foliar spray and/or watered in---you're doing fine---:icon_smile:

Alright.. I can put a couple drops of PH down in the rez. Should do it :)

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts here... muuuuch appreciated!

Latest posts

Back