Grow Room Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

-C@jun-

Hello everybody. A while back I posted looking for info was going to get items together for a grow. I had a garage closet to work with. Well I moved locations and now I have a good area.

Here is a shot of my veg. room uncompleted.

Ordered the rest of my stuff today:
2x4 hydrotek tray
rockwool cubes
nutes
bulkhead fittings 3/4 for drains(Tray)
x2 12" airstones for my res's (Flower/Veg)
dual outlet air pump(Flower/Veg)
x4 timers x2 watering(Flower/Veg) x1 C02(Flower) x1 Fan(Flower)

Have:
x2 550GPH water pumps(Flower/Veg)
x1 30gal res.(Veg)
x1 45gal res.(Flower)
x1 25-30gal. EBB Flow system(Flower)
x2 timers-lights(Flower/Veg)
x2 2 bulb 4' T5's Cool and Warm Mix(Veg)
x2 isolating fans(Flower/Veg)
x2 Power Strips(Flower/Veg)
x25' Mylar(Flower/Veg)
All tubing, drippers, and ebb flow fill/drain(Flower/Veg)

Need:
50lb's of Hydroton(Flower/Veg)
1x 1000w HPS setup looking at silverstar 6" air cooled lumitek ballast(Flower)
Cloning dome(Veg)
x1 C02- bottle, regulator, and gas(Flower)
x2 Vent/Fans(Flower)

Flower= 42"x30"
Vegetation= 61"x30"

edit

Uncompleted but i wanted to show it. Tight Area I didn't want the floor vent on flower side.
edit

7. Please post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as 3 pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them. Also we discovered that quite a number pictures hosted on other sites gets deleted after some time making the threads worthless on our forums.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html

Why did you make your vegging area so much larger than your flowering side? Your plants will double or triple in size when put into flowering. IMO, your flowering room should be about twice the size of your veg space.

You may also want to consider a 600W for that space rather than a 1000W. You don't give any specifics about your venting, but you are going to need some serious fans to keep a 1000W cool.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Why did you make your vegging area so much larger than your flowering side? Your plants will double or triple in size when put into flowering. IMO, your flowering room should be about twice the size of your veg space.

You may also want to consider a 600W for that space rather than a 1000W. You don't give any specifics about your venting, but you are going to need some serious fans to keep a 1000W cool.

Well my flower room just needed to fit my 3' planter. Only plan to harvest 6-8 at a time. I still have 3" on either side of my planter. I didn't want the floor vent on the flower side. My veg area needs to fit a 2'x4' flood tray plus I need to access my closet which is right to the left of my veg room. With that tray 2" off of temp wall I will only have 11" of space from closet. A spot for a stand and fan. That table is 40" so tray's drain lines will be run down and i can shim the tray to drain towards the edges. I'm worried about the whole drip system. I'm new to the indoor growing and I have a 550gph pump in a 30gal. res I don't want it to drain the res to much where it burns up my pump. I hope those drip feeders can hold up to whatever preassure that pumps gonna put on it.

I want the 1000w so i get a higher yield denser buds! I have meds trying to learn me a vent. set up because I have no clue.
EDIT

room.jpg

If they get to bad I can always do a scrog around my planter.

I figured a 1000w because I can always go bigger on area. Plus its like 100$ more then a 400w. To buy a 600w for 350$-450$ and move to new area or not sufficient I would have to buy another 600w or some bull like that. 1 1000w @450$ and I'm set for up to a 4'x4' room. As well as run a 600w bulb if I have trouble.(I do believe I can run a 400w-1000w bulb)

with room that small the temp are gonna be crazy forget the co2 bottle and stuff get your self 2 8 inch blowers or 6 inch but better with 8. use one to cool light the other to pump fresh air in also gonna need some kind of scrubber to get the stank out. ventalation is just as important as light if either of the 2 are not correct your gonna have problems.now back to co2 certain conditions have to apply to the use of co2 plus the equip to correctly induce it and keep it into room.look at spending 1200 U.S. on the proper controllers not including more equipment to setup humidifiers, dehumidifiers,co2 generator or tank but the generator just makes more sense, damper that open/ close when air is on /off.there is alot to co2 not just get a bottle and gauge toss it in and get results. do some research on it.

o and room looks like its coming along keeep it up. read as much as you can before you jump into it

Well your right on the C02 ** I HAD researched it and gotten extra timers to turn my fans off for the 3x a day c02. Trust me I looked into it. I thought about it today just the tank and regulator are so expensive and not to mention getting a tank filled. I think i'm just gonna do the yeast and sugar bottles. Like 2 bottles every 2 weeks change them. But I was just showing where i was at on my room here not getting into details keep that in mind but appreciate the tip.

FYI this is a "weed"

A weed in a general sense is a plant that is considered by the user of the term to be a nuisance, and normally applied to unwanted plants in human-made settings such as gardens, lawns or agricultural areas, but also in parks, woods and other natural areas. More specifically, the term is often used to describe native or nonnative plants that grow and reproduce aggressively.[1] Generally, a weed is a plant in an undesired place.

I'm sorry, but what we are growing is not a weed.

Using sugar and yeast to try and enhance CO2 levels does not work and is a waste of time, money, and energy.

You are going to have real problems with heat--you are going to need some large fans as dr pyro has mentioned.

I understand that you made your rooms to fit the equipment that you already owned, but, IMO, this is the wrong way to go about it. The only way you are going to be able to fit 6-8 plants into your flowering space is if you put them into flower when they are still very small. If you have them in veg for any amount of time at all, they will quickly outgrow your flowering room. Your vegging space will be virtually empty most of the time. It just doesn't seem to be the best use of the space you have to work with...

ask around here on the forum yeast is a waste of money. you can not simply provide the correct co2 amounts without having the proper equipment to do it. if you dont have the equip your time and money is wasted.i'm not putting you down here just trying to save you the time and money. i have done bottles timers etc and it made no diffrence under the same conditions with the 2 seperate grows. i just purchased my controllers the other day cost me 1,100 for the controllers i still have to get my generater and all my duct to make it all run in sinq with each other. if you have money you can just blow then do it.try it for yourself i can guarantee you will be back and see g these guys and girls where right. like i said i mean no disrespect.you have far more reading to do. the fact you want your veg room bigger than flower makes no sense and have not done to much research. fell free to hit me up with pms with any questions i'm no expert by any means but i have spent hundreds of hrs on this forum and other forums reading

you are on the right path here but with alittle guidance you should do great

plan to put them in flowering at 20''-24'' they will probally grow 36" to 42" for 2 month harvest time depending on the strain. 6 plants will fit perfect in my 3'x2.25' planter. i have seen alot of smaller areas throughout these forums where way more plants were put in a smaller area with the same light. Again didn't make the thing to fit my equipment well kind of but I didn't want the floor vent on flower side. I will take the advice screw the c02!

remeber sativa dominant will nearly triple in size indicas which i prefer stay short and bushy maybe double on indys. you def have the right idea with the 1000 just gotta figure out how to vent it to keep temp at a good range.

no I have been listening bud. I appreciate the advice really but its the little nit-pick. I seem to be having to keep repeating myself. I'm going to get the 1000w system for when I move setups make a new one. I will have it WHEN needed it will be only a short time if I enjoy this. I listened here and everybody is telling me heat so I will listen and go with a 600w bulb. Still vent.

Med hasn't gotten back with me on any other ideas. I figure 1 for the reflector outside to fan through light out room and one just drawing in air to the room from the bottom.

With your table on the strains sounds like i may need to take out the beam and just hang from the roof. I will put some hooks for later so I don't put popcorn on any plants.

-C@jun- said:
plan to put them in flowering at 20''-24'' they will probally grow 36" to 42" for 2 month harvest time depending on the strain. 6 plants will fit perfect in my 3'x2.25' planter. i have seen alot of smaller areas throughout these forums where way more plants were put in a smaller area with the same light. Again didn't make the thing to fit my equipment well kind of but I didn't want the floor vent on flower side. I will take the advice screw the c02!

We are trying to help you here. There is no way that you are going to be able to finish 6 20-24" plants in a 3 x 2.25' space. They will probably grow anywhere from 40-72" before they finish. If you are going to put 6 plants in that space, you had better do it when they are a foot or less.

I am sure that a 600 will do fine, but if you really want that extra power, I recommend drawing as much cold air from the outside as you can in the winter time.

Sealed rooms have low co2 levels and I recommend you get the sysgtem with a built in meter. High levels before the lights turn on, then lower levels throughour the day. It is often wise to purge the air after you deliver co2, as the plants can onlt take up so many nutes, store them in the leaves for processing. If you just constantly dump co2, you are wasting and actually hindering growth. It would be like being force fed without the ability to...well as the romans did, purge for more room.

...and yes, Cannabis IS just a weed. Grows like a weed, has life cycles like a weed and mass reproduces like a weed.

There was a time when it was considered a weed due to the widespread landraces that populated america before it's systematic eradication.

Some places here in the us you can hike to and actually still find some random untracked cannabis still growing in the wild.

Much luck on the grow room, you have a long journey ahead of you..

No matter how much reserch you do, every grow room and situation is different. Remember that.

...also, THG is right. You are set to overgrow the heck out of your room. Low co2 levels will cause almost uncontrollable stretch. PLus, they took Phosphoload off the market. So you might have to use somehting more aggressive like hormones if this happens.

Much luck and keep us hungry bored growers happy with updates.

The Effen Gee said:
Sealed rooms have low co2 levels and I recommend you get the sysgtem with a built in meter. High levels before the lights turn on, then lower levels throughour the day. It is often wise to purge the air after you deliver co2, as the plants can onlt take up so many nutes, store them in the leaves for processing. If you just constantly dump co2, you are wasting and actually hindering growth. It would be like being force fed without the ability to...well as the romans did, purge for more room.

...also, THG is right. You are set to overgrow the heck out of your room. Low co2 levels will cause almost uncontrollable stretch. PLus, they took Phosphoload off the market. So you might have to use somehting more aggressive like hormones if this happens.

What level co2 should the room be at day and night? So I can't just get a tank dump a little into the room everyday for a couple seconds depending on the pressure of my regulator?

Phosphoload?

I don't know man about every bodies advise on my planter. I can fit 8 4gal pots in there flush basically. I have seen more pictures in here and on google where there were 5-6 foot plants in 4 gal pots. They took my pics off. Here is what I got so far for a flower room its still in progress. I just re cut all my mylar in there last night hiked it up. still need to caulk wall. I took beam out to hang straight from ceiling. Realized it was to shallow. Notice that is a half of a (estimate)75gal plastic tote. Sitting on a 45gal container it goes up 3/4 on the container. 25-30gal half tote. I will probally only fill it up 15gal 3x a day 15min.

IMG_1126.JPG

The Hemp Goddess said:
We are trying to help you here. There is no way that you are going to be able to finish 6 20-24" plants in a 3 x 2.25' space. They will probably grow anywhere from 40-72" before they finish. If you are going to put 6 plants in that space, you had better do it when they are a foot or less.

I agree 100%, Thats only 1.125 sq/ft per plant.

If thats all you got I would flower them at about 8".

Have you grown hydro before? all my plants more than double in size during flowering.

Here are pics of 3 plants in 10 sq/ft, 5 weeks into flowering, all of these were under 2' when I switched to 12/12
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48323

No first time with hydro I got to keep it to a plant with 4' max height. I figure. I got 8' ceiling. I will see when I get there i guess . In your sig box I looked at your ww grow it looked like they were right at 4'. Could I LST to the sides on taller strains? I figure with that small area light penetration will be a problem. I may not even get 6 plants to flower my first go at this.

Latest posts

Back