Grow Room Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk_michael

Reaction score
What would make a 24x8 storage container a viable closed environment grow.
3 rooms, 1 flowering, vegging and the middle room is going to be the heart of the environment with all the equipment and air buffering.

Are there efficient ways of insulating it there is shade available from trees. Is 12000 BTU split A/C adequate?

Should 1 expect to have to humidify or dehumidify this thing. Thinking of running a DIY uc dwc system. I do not know what would be the best setup for yield ie. size of buckets and spacing and light arrangement. Wouldnt want to run more than 2000-2400 watts in lights . I can have 12 flowering plants and remain within limits between me and roomate. Are Yields/quality that much better than soil?

What is a cost effective form of CO2 for this and how do people work in CO2 Supplemented CGE's? Is there enough Oxygen to breathe inside? Should 1 have Ventilation to recirculate air before they enter? Sounds like a common sense but I have never been accused of having tons of it.

Your Thoughts Are Welcome!

would this be your first grow? if so i would not recommend running co2 to begin with. get the room dialed in first. insulating is easy, you just build aesthetic walls within the area and fill them with insulation. its extremely cheap and easy to do. if you dont want to run more then 2k-2.4k of lights then you simply do not need this much space. i'm assuming head room will be 7-8'.

i would run 3 1k lights in 8" air-cooled hoods, Daisey chained together. they'd be hooked up to a 8" inline fan, and carbon filer. passively exchange air in a 5x15 space. i noticed you mentioned dwc. hydro will not give you noticeable differences in yield, compared to soil. you can go with a 12 5gal dwc setup. 4 buckets per light(5x5 space), and do a scrog to maximize yield. i find scrog to be easier with soil though. i find organic soil to be the lowest maintenance way to grow.

we have a member who did a 12 plant scrog in totes with soil.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62842&highlight=plant+scrog

i never recommend anyone to upgrade to c02 till they're ready to make a substantial investment in their grow room, AND more importantly, have adequate knowledge and experience in growing.

edit: BTW :welcome: to MP

i love google sketch-up :48:

EDIT: sry this space is 28X8, so just imagine 4' less room in the veg room. which would bring it to 5x5 instead of 9x5(which is what your seeing now)

untitled.jpg

If I want a 395 cfm movement AFTER filter is in place what is a matching pair of CANFAN fan/filter and can I use a Sock type filter for prefilter?

Latest posts

Back