Grow room setup with CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meredith

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This question is actually for people who have been doing CO2 supplementation and not for those who read about it and know in theory. I can read and watch youtube myself, but speaking from experience is different and this is what I am looking for - the experienced people to give advice and not amateurs like myself teaching other amateurs.

I do not understand how to set up the grow room when fans supposed to exchange the air in the entire room in 5 minutes. Basically, if you produce CO2 for the room it just leaves the room through exhaust fans.

Not everyone who uses CO2 has a completely sealed room.

If you supplement CO2 then what is your setup and schedule?

Thank you!

I have a closed-loop ventilation system for the lights. For the grow area I use a co2 monitor and controller this is what makes the co2 on a timer type deal but its automatic. The biggest problem is the humidity that builds up which in turn turns on the exhaust it's not the temperature

I have read a lot as well on this subject as the thought of VW bug sized buds encouraged me further. The more I read the more I thought it would be such a hassle to set all that extra equipment up but that is just me haha. If you don't have a completely sealed room, all your CO2 is going out the window. Unless you have a cycle timer with a specific time on duration say every 30min, then the other will be time on such as 1-2 min just enough time to fill the volumn of your grow space LxWxH. That with a specific flow rate on your regulator you find the calculation needed for the appropriate time need to gain your PPM at 1200-1500. Check this out
http://www.growweedeasy.com/co2

https://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp

You need equipment that will cycle off exhaust fans during CO2 enrichment so you don't lose it.

Just my .02 enjoy

I have not used CO2 in my grows but I have read enough and done enough growing to know that if you are looking at doing a smaller, personal grow, up to a small commercial grow (under 3/4 pound per month averaged) it is more aggravation than its worth unless you are a DIY fan. Plus you are helping the environment and global warming by cycling your grow space air with the outside world.

CO² enhancement is probably the 3rd most important addition to my grow room. With the proper equipment the only hassle would be changing tanks, whether it be CO² or propane. If everything is working correctly and in conjunction with each other, the use of CO² brings a faster turnaround in veg and massive buds in flower.

How big are you PC? Do you think its worth using for small grows of 2-4 plants?

CO² enhancement is probably the 3rd most important addition to my grow room. With the proper equipment the only hassle would be changing tanks, whether it be CO² or propane. If everything is working correctly and in conjunction with each other, the use of CO² brings a faster turnaround in veg and massive buds in flower.

i wanna be impressed. show me pics please. if u get time THANKS

Yeah PC, is it worth it for 2-4 plants? I would love to try and SCROG out 4 monsters and pump in 1500PPM of CO2!

If you want to optimize the full potential of your girls it is. Plus the veg time dramatically reduced to grow trees

How do you keep your CO2 in the growroom with exhaust running? And if you can't run Co2 and exhaust at the same time how do you keep your growroom cool when the exhaust is off? Sorry for the questions,,,I'm just curious.

I run a closed loop exhaust for the lights. For the grow area I run an exhaust fan hooked to a controller. The controller turns off the CO² and turns on the fan for temp and humidity. Humidity is what turns the fan on more then temps.

How do you keep your CO2 in the growroom with exhaust running? And if you can't run Co2 and exhaust at the same time how do you keep your growroom cool when the exhaust is off? Sorry for the questions,,,I'm just curious.

I run a sealed room and vented lights as well. I also run a mini split a/c for the room and a dehumidifier. I'm at 50+ plants and 8 lights. Running an a/c is the only way to regulate the temps accurately. During flower I run 78* lights on, 68* lights off. Rock hard nugz. Using the biowave I jacked up my CO2 to 2000ppm

I run a sealed room and vented lights as well. I also run a mini split a/c for the room and a dehumidifier. I'm at 50+ plants and 8 lights. Running an a/c is the only way to regulate the temps accurately. During flower I run 78* lights on, 68* lights off. Rock hard nugz. Using the biowave I jacked up my CO2 to 2000ppm

hey bro---happy new year---will you start a thread on your experience with the biowave--por favor

Latest posts

Back