Godfather OG Quadline Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4348.jpeg
IMG_4280.png

Here are two different phenos of East Coast Sour Diesel x Ogers that Big sent me. Notice the foxtails on the big larfy Diesel looking buds.

Could it be whoever packaged the seeds screwed up? Or I read about a study where pollen from Morocco was found 500+ miles away in Portugal. If the breeder had several strains of pollen to choose from, maybe there was contamination or some pollen hitchhiked in on their clothes. Weird stuff happens regardless. My brother got some weird plants from seeds I sent him that he called snaggletooth. Doesn’t look like anything I ever grew. I blame Gregor Mendel…

Seedsman LA Peyote Kush update….guessing 1-2 weeks away from harvest for this one plant. This is the end of 8 weeks of flower. I don’t like too much amber, and the trichomes almost look ready to me. (I have to avoid the temptation to chop too early).

She’s quoted as a 8-9 week flowering strain, so right on target.

IMG_1115.jpeg
2023-12-30-17-35-53-356.jpeg
2023-12-30-17-35-58-705.jpeg
2023-12-30-17-36-46-106.jpeg

I see ya did some crush n bend in the tall girls. How they doing? All the rest you've posted is just stunning. I'm curious to see how much weight you pull from all this.

I see ya did some crush n bend in the tall girls. How they doing? All the rest you've posted is just stunning. I'm curious to see how much weight you pull from all this.
They’re looking pretty healthy still, even the Supercropped plant! I see the finish line from here for two of the plants. I’d like to get one out of there for better airflow and humidity control and then allow the other two to amber up their trichomes more.

Yes, I should have bent the colas immediately when you and OldFogey first advised. Literally charred a few leaves here. I don’t think supercropping them made any difference to her health, so far as she’s chugging along. To be honest, the first supercropping happened by mistake while moving the plant back into the tent, so supercropping must have been in her destiny. The top colas still look good except for the charred parts.

Happy New Year!

First action in the tent this year is to harvest the LA Peyote Kush after 9 weeks of flower. Mostly cloudy trichomes with very little amber. I needed get more airflow in the rest of the tent to prevent mildew, so removing one plant will benefit the other two Zkitzz that are in the tent.

Freed up space….only two plants left in the 2x4. From now on, I only plan to grow two plants to maturity in this 2x4. Three plants is too tight for my liking.
IMG_1059.jpeg

Not much to harvest from this plant
IMG_1047.jpeg
IMG_1046.jpeg
2024-01-02-07-31-55-416.jpeg

Harvest. Can’t dry in the tent, so I’m using a spare bathroom to hang the colas. I hope the smell doesn’t spread throughout the house!

IMG_1124.jpeg

Probably 1-2 more weeks for Zkitzz #1 who is almost ready
IMG_1061.jpeg

Several more weeks for Zkitzz #2 with no brown pistils yet (except for the burned top)

IMG_1062.jpeg

The look nice. My second grow I grew zkittles. They had a pretty good yield i gave most of it away. I didn't like the taste. Plus when you finished smoking it you had dragon breath. I always had to brush my teeth again.

The look nice. My second grow I grew zkittles. They had a pretty good yield i gave most of it away. I didn't like the taste. Plus when you finished smoking it you had dragon breath. I always had to brush my teeth again.
Wow! I hope I don’t have the same experience Jan! I pulled a small sample and liked the effect, but I’m going to pay more attention to taste. My tastebuds don’t pick up subtle tastes.

I’ll add a bottle of listerine to my garden too. Haha. Thanks….Happy New Year

I found a new toy as I was hunting for a handheld microscope replacement. I discovered a “coin microscope” with a dedicated display that appears very useful for evaluating trichomes. I have had difficulty seeing my trichomes accurately until now. I thought this would be useful when monitoring leaves for bugs too. The downside is that It requires a sample to be removed from the plant, but it provides a much better image than the handheld units.

My recent harvest of the LA Peyote Kush under the microscope shows some amber, but I should have waited a few more days to harvest based on what I see here. I was anxious to remove one plant from the crowded tent to prevent the risk of bud rot. Here are the trichomes on the top buds.
IMG_0084.jpeg
IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg

Lower buds on the same plant are showing less amber and needed more time.

IMG_0078.jpeg

The Zkitzz that appears ready to harvest based on pistils has glassy trichomes….more waiting needed. I plan to wait for more amber on the Zkitzz plants.

IMG_0076.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg

I can’t fix my harvest mistake this week, but this should improve my harvest decisions in the future.

I found a new toy as I was hunting for a handheld microscope replacement. I discovered a “coin microscope” with a dedicated display that appears very useful for evaluating trichomes. I have had difficulty seeing my trichomes accurately until now. I thought this would be useful when monitoring leaves for bugs too. The downside is that It requires a sample to be removed from the plant, but it provides a much better image than the handheld units.

My recent harvest of the LA Peyote Kush under the microscope shows some amber, but I should have waited a few more days to harvest based on what I see here. I was anxious to remove one plant from the crowded tent to prevent the risk of bud rot. Here are the trichomes on the top buds.
View attachment 350230View attachment 350231View attachment 350232

View attachment 350233

The Zkitzz that appears ready to harvest based on pistils has glassy trichomes….more waiting needed. I plan to wait for more amber on the Zkitzz plants.

View attachment 350235View attachment 350234

I can’t fix my harvest mistake this week, but this should improve my harvest decisions in the future.
I hear Ya. My Handhelds are too bright and my hands arent steady. Im looking for something Digital. Kinda limited here.

View attachment 350230View attachment 350231View attachment 350232

View attachment 350233

View attachment 350235View attachment 350234

I think a member on here(it may be gmo but I am not sure) clips off a couple of sugar leaves to check trichomes. That would save you from having to clip off an entire bud. It may take some practice to gauge how ripe a representative sugar leaf is vs a full bud. Nice toy btw.

I think a member on here(it may be gmo but I am not sure) clips off a couple of sugar leaves to check trichomes. That would save you from having to clip off an entire bud. It may take some practice to gauge how ripe a representative sugar leaf is vs a full bud. Nice toy btw.
I learn something here every day. That’s a great idea OldFogey! I like that idea much better. I will pull some sugar leaves off my drying harvest and see what their trichomes look like compared to the neighboring bud trichomes too. Might as well see the difference first-hand. Thank you!

It may take some practice to gauge how ripe a representative sugar leaf is vs a full bud. Nice toy btw.
I’m very interested in learning how to use sugar leaves to evaluate maturity, so I have been cross checking the maturity of the trichomes on sugar leaves vs the maturity shown on the actual buds. The sugar leaves alone could be misleading since they show much more amber than the buds do. But I do see some clear Trichomes on the sugar leaves which matches the trichomes on the buds. I’m not seeing any cloudy or amber Trichomes on the buds yet….all trichomes are glassy. So I’m making the assumption that the least developed trichomes on the sugar leaves match the trichomes on the buds.

So….my theory that I’ll operate on is that I should harvest when there are no more clear trichomes on the sugar leaves. I’ll still do a weekly bud test to validate this theory, but id prefer to be able to do this testing without removing any buds.

I’m wide open to input from anyone who uses sugar leaves to check Trichomes…..

Here are my two Zkitzz plants with an 8 day flowering period and I’m in week 9. They are growing sooooo differently that you’d never assume they are the same strain. This strain is unique to the breeder (Ganja Farmer) and it’s a mix of Grape Ape and Zkittlez.

Zkitzz #1 (mature pistils, clear trichomes on bud, mixed trichomes with some clear ones on the sugar leaf (below)
IMG_1083.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg

Zkitzz #2 (the tall one)
Immature pistils, immature bud trichomes, mixed sugar leaf Trichomes including clear
Supposed to be 8 week flowering strain. This is week 9 of flower.

IMG_1075.png
IMG_1080.jpeg

Latest posts

Back