Godfather OG Quadline Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23" damn that's huge..lol I like that larger res model. So these 16" units are about $50 a pop?

@tdub...you've not hurt them plants at all. They just got outta hand and overgrew your space. They look beautiful and I bet they finish like a champ. Your thinning them out. That's the only option you have..lol. Erbody loves to see a big girl bud up. I'm curious how she does the next few weeks.

Thanks! Yes, these really got away from me….and only 4.5 weeks of veg too. I’m convinced it’s the infrared light that caused such extreme stretch between nodes. I won’t do that again….at least not as much of it.

I think those 16inch ac infinity reservoirs are $60 for a 4-pack. Not overpriced in my opinion given the quality. You will likely want to replace the wicks between grows, but they’re available online for cheap. Just an fyi, I do think it could be difficult to use these with a SCROG.

Well hell they aren't as expensive as I thought. You got my attention when you think a scrog is a bad idea for them. Tell me more. Why do u think that way? I'd definitely be using them for a scrog unless you change my mind.. 😂

Welcome to the passion. I recognize your name, but I’m not sure if it’s from the cabana or from overgrow back in the day. Either way we have a great group of people here and are more than happy to share knowledge and other essential items… I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to show us
Overgrow.....Ive not heard that site brought up in a while. I was a member/mod there from 00-07. Met some great growers and they taught me a lot. I went with the name greenmonster714 back then. I see it's back up and running now. I've visited but it's just not the same. Things change..people move on.

I am too. Y'all a pretty friendly group of folks. Loaded with knowledge and ready to help. Can't ask for more. I help folks when I can but if don't know about their issues I just watch the thread and learn.
That what I do. Chime in When I can . I love it here

Well hell they aren't as expensive as I thought. You got my attention when you think a scrog is a bad idea for them. Tell me more. Why do u think that way? I'd definitely be using them for a scrog unless you change my mind.. 😂

The only reason I felt they would be challenging with a SCROG is that you are supposed to remove the reservoirs and clean them regularly. I assumed they would be difficult to remove and clean under a SCROG net. I could be wrong, but can’t figure out how I would do it.

I ended up re configuring again. I now have 3 big totes with a progression of each one getting better. How I was going to raise the lid to refill / change while raising the net an equal distance at the same time. I plan to put the other 2 to use outdoors this summer. Hydro in the sun - hopefully.

Good Day! It’s good to see so many familiar names still here on MP. Hello again and sorry for the delayed absence.

I’ve totally given up on trying to grow in summer since I vent my tent indoors, so I’ve taken a summer leave from growing. It’s simply too much heat and humidity for my house. Now that the cooler weather is back, it seems like a good time to fire up the grow tent. I’m going to simplify my grow by limiting myself to one tent….no more 2x2 tents scattered in the grow room. That should greatly reduce the heat and humidity in my grow room.

I’m also splitting my free time on growing and on learning guitar….hopefully those two hobbies will be enough to keep me occupied this winter. I am 8 months into learning guitar chords and I am slow and absolutely terrible! Hope to be slightly faster and less terrible by the end of winter.

I see people growing up to 4 plants in a 2x4 tent, but I’m trying to avoid overcrowding….so I will stick to 2 plants and leave room for my tower fans. I wish I had planted three seeds and I may plant a third seed later today. I’m ok with not maximizing the space if it means good airflow….but a third plant should fit in the 2x4 nicely.

Photos to follow once the seeds sprout. They are currently on day 3 in small pots with coco. (No sprout yet)

Tent: 2x4 AC Infinity Tent
Lights: 2 320 watt 3VL Timber Grow Lights dimmed down considerably for most of the grow
Strain: Godfather OG (only 2 plants)
Medium: Fox Farm Coco Loco
Container: AC Infinity 5 gallon fabric pot and AC Infinity self-watering wick base
Plant Training: Quadlining and possibly SCROG net.
Fertilizer: General hydroponics flora series. (Possibly Lucas formula again)
Supplements: Seaweed Extract / silica
Controller: AC Infinity environment controller including humidifier (I will experiment with target VPD this time)

Hope to have photos in a few days with seedlings by next week. See you around…..
I want to try growing some Godfather OG myself. Need to find a good seed source, though

The only reason I felt they would be challenging with a SCROG is that you are supposed to remove the reservoirs and clean them regularly. I assumed they would be difficult to remove and clean under a SCROG net. I could be wrong, but can’t figure out how I would do it.
I see the issue now. I didn't know they needed cleaned frequently. That would be a pain in the arse under a screen. I wonder how long it would be okay if you just cleaned it prior to throwing on a screen and run it through flower?
That makes me think. These guys who do diy sip buckets n tubs. Do they clean reservoir water? Or just feed to the run off level? It's just a guess but I think they'd maybe do okay. Especially a quick flowering strain.

Found your units on Amazon. 4 pack for $60. That's prob cheaper than buying items and making one diy. These things would rock some autos. I may have to buy some of these. 8 of those for autos would be a pretty easy grow. I'm still going to try and throw together some sort of sip rig for the 16gal tub I have. Two plants in that in a 4x4 Scrog. Or I love that 5 gal rig from the video above. Ive got time but making up my mind takes even more time. Then ya smoke one and ....well. 😀

R
I see the issue now. I didn't know they needed cleaned frequently. That would be a pain in the arse under a screen. I wonder how long it would be okay if you just cleaned it prior to throwing on a screen and run it through flower?
That makes me think. These guys who do diy sip buckets n tubs. Do they clean reservoir water? Or just feed to the run off level? It's just a guess but I think they'd maybe do okay. Especially a quick flowering strain.

Found your units on Amazon. 4 pack for $60. That's prob cheaper than buying items and making one diy. These things would rock some autos. I may have to buy some of these. 8 of those for autos would be a pretty easy grow. I'm still going to try and throw together some sort of sip rig for the 16gal tub I have. Two plants in that in a 4x4 Scrog. Or I love that 5 gal rig from the video above. Ive got time but making up my mind takes even more time. Then ya smoke one and ....well. 😀

I haven’t cleaned my reservoirs since I flipped mine from veg to flower 6 weeks ago. I think I’m going to let them go until harvest without cleaning the reservoirs. All I noticed before was a slimy layer (algae?) that grows on the walls of the reservoir over time. But so far I’m not noticing any algae after 6 weeks. Maybe I will try a SCROG with these bases next time.

R

I haven’t cleaned my reservoirs since I flipped mine from veg to flower 6 weeks ago. I think I’m going to let them go until harvest without cleaning the reservoirs. All I noticed before was a slimy layer (algae?) that grows on the walls of the reservoir over time. But so far I’m not noticing any algae after 6 weeks. Maybe I will try a SCROG with these bases next time.
You've convinced me already..lol. Sorry if you've already covered this but will 5gal go on that smaller unit?

Maybe a little h2o2 in the res would help with longer cleaning times and slime. A scrog with fems or regs id want at least a 5-7gal. Ahh man, now I'm thinking of spending more money...what a slippery slope I'm on..lol.

You've convinced me already..lol. Sorry if you've already covered this but will 5gal go on that smaller unit?

Maybe a little h2o2 in the res would help with longer cleaning times and slime. A scrog with fems or regs id want at least a 5-7gal. Ahh man, now I'm thinking of spending more money...what a slippery slope I'm on..lol.

Yes, here are my 5 gallon pots on the small reservoirs. The instruction manual recommends the XL for 7 or 10 gallons. I don’t know anything about hydrogen peroxide, so I will research that…..thanks!

I cut holes into the lids with a dremel so that I can insert a ph pen and ppm meter into each reservoir. It’s also easier to fill using a liquid transfer pump with the “grid” removed.

IMG_0847.jpeg

Good Day,
Today I added 10ml per gallon of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to the 1 gallon reservoirs with the hope that it will prevent algae buildup. Also added 6ml/g of homemade Terpinator to the reservoirs (see attached). While the reservoir manufacturer recommends cleaning them out every two weeks, I have not cleaned these out in 6 weeks. I intend to finish the grow without cleaning them out again. If that proves possible, then I will try this with a SCROG next time.

IMG_9267.jpeg

Trichome check shows that the density of trichomes isn’t that heavy even with UV lights, Terpinator, and Liquid KoolBloom being used. I don’t know any other way to influence the trichome density, but I’m not impressed so far. Maybe they just need more time.

Below are the LA Peyote Kush and Zkitzz strain photos.

IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_0862.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg
IMG_0854.jpeg

I’m estimating 3-4 more weeks. The Zkitzz is supposed to be an 8 week strain, but she’s maturing slowly so I’m hoping to stretch her to 9-10 weeks. The LA Peyote Kush is a 9-11 week strain but she is maturing quickly. If all goes well, I will harvest all on the same day.

Yes, here are my 5 gallon pots on the small reservoirs. The instruction manual recommends the XL for 7 or 10 gallons. I don’t know anything about hydrogen peroxide, so I will research that…..thanks!

I cut holes into the lids with a dremel so that I can insert a ph pen and ppm meter into each reservoir. It’s also easier to fill using a liquid transfer pump with the “grid” removed.

View attachment 348879
They fit on there nice
I got off work and spent an hour in at the store looking at containers.. 😆. These damn wicky things are in my head. Thanks for the info over at my page. I looked at some grobucket inserts. Them things are pretty expensive for just an insert. 1 piece set $49. The ac infinity units are way cheaper. Still searching for that perfect diy setup. So many different ways to do a wick.
Them ladies look fabulous btw 😍

Last edited:
End of week 6 of flower…..leaves are still looking very healthy. 3-4 more weeks to go.

Each batch of nutrients includes aquarium chlorine remover, cal mag (2ml/g), GH Flora Micro (5 ml/g), GH Flora Bloom (7 ml/g), GH Flora Gro (3 ml/g), GH Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10 nutrient at 5 ml/g), GH Diamond Nectar (5 ml/g) and homemade affordable Terpinator (6 ml/g). Ph to 5.8. Ppm around 1100. The Liquid KoolBloom solved a phosphorous deficiency on some of my older leaves.

Plants are drinking around 0.7 gallons each per day.
IMG_0883.jpeg
IMG_0876.jpeg
IMG_0879.jpeg
IMG_0877.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back