Godfather OG Quadline Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been so damn busy I haven't had time for shit. I need to get my Big Pantry fixed up where I can buy me a tent. I already have a nice Led light. It's a Spider Farmer SF 4000. Haven't even used it yet. It's the one I bought from Lesso.
It’s time to get that sweet light hooked up

Those self watering bases look like they're doing a great job. I'm thinking of going with some auto pots next time. Same concept of watering from the bottom base but with a large reservoir constantly keeping the bases full

Those self watering bases look like they're doing a great job. I'm thinking of going with some auto pots next time. Same concept of watering from the bottom base but with a large reservoir constantly keeping the bases full
A lot of good options these days for bottom feeders.

These AC Infinity watering bases really are working well. I still feel the need to top off the 1g bases daily with .7 gallons, but there’s virtually no waste. The downside to them is that it would be difficult to SCROG because the reservoirs should be cleaned out every 2 weeks to prevent algae.

I really like the concept of autopots. I strongly considered those. I like the large reservoir, but the potential for leaks does exist. If my setup were different, I’d definitely try those.

This is my second bottom feeing irrigation system that I’ve tried and they’ve both proven easy and extremely efficient. The GrowBucket was another nice option, but still required daily watering. But there’s virtually no waste. The downside to these is that they are difficult to flush if needed.
IMG_0562.jpeg

I have an Octopot in the basement that’s still unused. It’s a much larger reservoir, so it has many of the same benefits of an Autopot (several days supply of food and bottom fed. I keep intending to try that one out…but I believe the bases are 18x18, so that limits me to two plants in a 2x4.

I will keep an eye out for your posts…..would love to watch an Autopot grow.

IMG_0564.jpeg

I'm trying Subbie,,, but with this new job I've been pretty busy. Keeps me hopping.
I will say this. It sure makes my day and week go by faster.
Nothing better to me for the work part of the day and week to pass quick just slow it down when you come home to slow it down in between the work part.

Yep. When I get home. I pop a top on a cold beer and light up a Doobie.🥰

Good day! I’ve been away a while. Last time I posted on 11/14 they were at 27” tall. Now at 54” & 56” tall and in a new 2x4x8 tent because of the unanticipated stretch. I used a Mars Hydro supplemental IR light during this grow which may have encouraged more stretch. They’re tall….way taller and much more stretch than I’ve ever personally experienced. The only difference i can think of is the IR light. I’m not sure this is good having such tall plants…especially given only 4-5 weeks of veg. The IR light might get retired.

IMG_0997.jpeg

The self watering AC Infinity reservoirs with 5 gallon fabric pots are still working great with Coco Loco. I did flush them after flipping to flower with roughly 8 gallons of water per plant and some Florakleen. Initial ppm readings were around 2200. By the end, it was in the 800 range. I had a lot of salt buildup on the pots, and was concerned that I’d run into problems during flower. My feed has been around 1100ppm and. 5.8 ph.

Here is the Seedsman LA Peyote Kush.
IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1012.jpeg

And the Ganja Farmer Zkitzz (slower to develop)
IMG_0719.jpeg
IMG_0718.jpeg

I determined that I had a phosphorous deficiency too by using an iPad app yesterday. The lower leaves on the LA Peyote Kush.looked terrible. So, adding Liquid KoolBloom to the mix.
IMG_0723.png

Just a few more weeks….

Starting week 6 of flower. As I look at this grow, I’m constantly reminded that I intended to train these to grow short yet I’m dealing with a 57” tall plant. I can only think that it is all because of the supplemental infrared lighting which encouraged more stretch.

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

IMG_0815.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg

The AC Infinity Self watering bases with wicks are still working perfectly. I only flushed the plants once between veg and flower….now I just add 0.7 gallons of nutrients to each base daily and it feeds automatically through the wicks. I believe that the flush between veg and flower was a key decision to prevent salt buildup at the roots….i will do that next time too.

I like growing in coco when I don’t have to fertigate frequently or vaccuum up excess nutrients from the drain pan. I’m using coco loco currently, but I’m considering trying some other soil-less mixes for the future.

I’ve turned off the Mars Hydro UV/InfraRed lights….might run the UV lights this week, but no more infrared is planned.

Did a quick light defoliation to remove a few more fan leaves and lower branches.
IMG_0817.jpeg

Maybe 4-5 more weeks to harvest and then it’s the end of the 2023 winter growing season for me.

Think I'm going to try those AC Infinity bases next and compare them to my current DWC grow. Other than needing a soil medium, it looks far simpler than running a DWC. I like simple : )

Think I'm going to try those AC Infinity bases next and compare them to my current DWC grow. Other than needing a soil medium, it looks far simpler than running a DWC. I like simple : )

They really are simple CrashMagnet. I have used them with coco (coco loco) and soil (FFOF) in the past and they work well. I like simple too. A true coco coir (coir bricks) and perlite is my next planned medium. Absolutely no need for top feeding at all.

I’d appreciate seeing your experience compared to DWC.

What a beast you have in the tent. She is hefty and gaining fast. Awesome grow. I had to look up those bases. They obviously do a great job. I've always fed from the bottom. Let them wick it up a few hours and then drain the spoil. These new designs are cool. I'm definitely going with some wick bucket. Just dunno what yet.

What a beast you have in the tent. She is hefty and gaining fast. Awesome grow. I had to look up those bases. They obviously do a great job. I've always fed from the bottom. Let them wick it up a few hours and then drain the spoil. These new designs are cool. I'm definitely going with some wick bucket. Just dunno what yet.

Hi Greenmobster,
Thanks! Ive totally butchered these plants, but I’m still amazed by the bottom feeders performance.

I’ve found three bottom-feeding systems in my research that all work with coco and perlite. The GroBucket (see attached…..) which worked great, but it’s only 4 gallons of medium and they are difficult to flush. The AC Infinity reservoirs, which are easy to flush and minimal work, but they do increase the humidity in the tent significantly with their fabric pots. They also only provide enough nutrients to ignore for 1.5 days with their 1 gallon reservoirs. Finally….the Octopot. I have two in the basement that I keep intending to try, but they’re large and limit me to only two plants in my 2x4 tent. But they hold 6 gallons of nutrients and can be ignored for days. I do prefer the AC Infinity to the GroBuckets….but not by much. They’re both excellent.

Best of luck…just sharing what I’ve found so far. The Octopot has to be tested soon…..maybe in January 2024.
Ac Infinity with wicks
IMG_0827.jpeg

GroBucket 5 gallon bucket conversion kit
IMG_0825.jpeg

Octopot 6 gallon kit
IMG_0828.jpeg

Hi Greenmobster,
Thanks! Ive totally butchered these plants, but I’m still amazed by the bottom feeders performance.

I’ve found three bottom-feeding systems in my research that all work with coco and perlite. The GroBucket (see attached…..) which worked great, but it’s only 4 gallons of medium and they are difficult to flush. The AC Infinity reservoirs, which are easy to flush and minimal work, but they do increase the humidity in the tent significantly with their fabric pots. They also only provide enough nutrients to ignore for 1.5 days with their 1 gallon reservoirs. Finally….the Octopot. I have two in the basement that I keep intending to try, but they’re large and limit me to only two plants in my 2x4 tent. But they hold 6 gallons of nutrients and can be ignored for days. I do prefer the AC Infinity to the GroBuckets….but not by much. They’re both excellent.

Best of luck…just sharing what I’ve found so far. The Octopot has to be tested soon…..maybe in January 2024.
Ac Infinity with wicks
View attachment 348752
View attachment 348750

Octopot 6 gallon kit
View attachment 348753
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this. It's valuable to me. I love the simplicity of the system and will definitely go this route by either buying the system or finding a way to diy it.

Hi Greenmobster,

Ac Infinity with wicks

Octopot 6 gallon kit
The XL AC Infinity bases have 2.25 gallon reservoirs. Not sure I want to use 7+ gallon pots, but I'm sure I can find a smaller one to fit the hole, or just under fill the pot.

The XL AC Infinity bases have 2.25 gallon reservoirs. Not sure I want to use 7+ gallon pots, but I'm sure I can find a smaller one to fit the hole, or just under fill the pot.

Thanks CrashMagnet for pointing out the XL model….that was news to me. I see that they provide multiple holes for wicks in the attached photo, so you could likely use them with 3 and 5 gallon pots too. At least that’s my guess. I don’t mind daily watering, but those XL models could be ignored for days.

The benefit of the smaller one is that I can fit three in a 2x4 tent at 16.5” diameter. The XL is 23” diameters, so that would limit me to two plants due to the size of the reservoir.

. IMG_0845.jpeg

Thanks CrashMagnet for pointing out the XL model….that was news to me. I see that they provide multiple holes for wicks in the attached photo, so you could likely use them with 3 and 5 gallon pots too. At least that’s my guess. I don’t mind daily watering, but those XL models could be ignored for days.

The benefit of the smaller one is that I can fit three in a 2x4 tent at 16.5” diameter. The XL is 23” diameters, so that would limit me to two plants due to the size of the reservoir.

. View attachment 348811
That larger diameter could be problematic for me as well. I put my 4x4 in storage in favor of a 2X4, mostly to uncover my dart board. But I might be able to get all four in the back "grow" room. I was going to run a DWC in there this winter, but instead I started some autos in the main room since I don't need to worry about light leaks. First time running one in a couple of years. I had forgotten how annoying and unreliable the first week the seedling are in the baskets with roots too short to reach the water. I'll setup the bases end of the year-ish in the back room and compare progress between the two.

On fitting them into a 2X4 I wonder if you couldn't place two on the floor and two just above base height (4") so they overlap making them effectively 17" in diameter.

23" damn that's huge..lol I like that larger res model. So these 16" units are about $50 a pop?

@tdub...you've not hurt them plants at all. They just got outta hand and overgrew your space. They look beautiful and I bet they finish like a champ. Your thinning them out. That's the only option you have..lol. Erbody loves to see a big girl bud up. I'm curious how she does the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Back