Growing basement style!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelen|chuk

Reaction score
Im currently growing in my basement,its 3x2 meters.Im growing 4 white widows and 3 auto-lowryders,which are exactly 25 days today.Im using a 400w HPS lamp,Plagron free mix soil,and bio grow and bio bloom nutes.Got a fan and a electric heater.I began growin them in 03.01.2011,and Im excpecting the lowryders to be ready in about the 4th of March.The widows will be ready aproximetly in 27th of April.Here are some pics :

View attachment 12012011021.jpg

View attachment 12012011024.jpg

View attachment 13012011026.jpg

niice :aok: is your date wrong tho, it isnt March

Its march,well technically its the 28th of February,but Im'ma let em grow 4 days extra :),but this is for the lowryders!

Nah,its 56 days from seed to bud,but I decided to make it 4 days extra so the buds can mature as most as they can.And if you count the days its exactly 56 days from the 3rd of January to the 28th of fabruary,to the 4th of March its 60 days,I'm from a small town in Bulgaria!

hmm really weird
-anyways- your plants look really good :watchplant: cant wait to see how the lowryders do green mojo!

Zelen|chuk said:
Nah,its 56 days from seed to bud,but I decided to make it 4 days extra so the buds can mature as most as they can.And if you count the days its exactly 56 days from the 3rd of January to the 28th of fabruary,to the 4th of March its 60 days,I'm from a small town in Bulgaria!

You should never take the breeder's estimates on flowering time. Almost without fail, the plants will take longer to finish that what is estimated. You should harvest your plants when the trichs say they are ready, not when the breeder says they are supposed to be done.

Also, you are seriously underlit--a 400W light is only good for a space about a meter by a meter (10 sq ft)--you have 6 sq meters (about 65 sq ft). I am really quite sure that being underlit this much is going to cause you some real problems as the plants get older. You can see that you have some serious stretch going on already in some of the plants.

Do you have any ventilation? Actual air exchange?

Well..umm,yea im going to harvest them when the hair on the buds go brown,as you said the breeders estimate,they dont tell you exactly when.When the plant get older there will be only 4 left so I would have plenty of space to grow em,without them having to struggle for light.I have a fan running which shifts the warm air evenly so the bottom and upper sections are equal in tempreture,also i do have actual fresh air comming from the door and its enought,plus i spend alot of time with them reading books or studying.

P.S. Its a hobby operation,ive spent about 200-250$.Oh and another thing I forgot to mention the photoperiod is 18hrs.

Get a pocket microscope and check the trichomes....going by the color of the hairs is a poor substitute....jmo

either way is ok - you cant really go wrong with ripe buds, right? some people just prefer to double check with the triches

Hamster Lewis said:
Get a pocket microscope and check the trichomes....going by the color of the hairs is a poor substitute....jmo

:yeahthat: I got to agree with HL. There are reasons that the hairs can change color without the plant being ready.

The Hemp Goddess said:
:yeahthat: I got to agree with HL. There are reasons that the hairs can change color without the plant being ready.
Can you name such a reason,its really usefull to know?And where can I buy such a microscope? :cool:

Check Radio Shack for a small microscope or E-Bay. They generally run about $10-12.

One of the things that can change the color of the hairs is pollination. Also, I have had some strains that the hairs do not change color. IMO, it is always best to go by the trichs.

Is that foil on the walls? If so, you should remove it. Foil is a poor reflector of light. You would be quite a bit better off with flat white walls.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Check Radio Shack for a small microscope or E-Bay. They generally run about $10-12.

One of the things that can change the color of the hairs is pollination. Also, I have had some strains that the hairs do not change color. IMO, it is always best to go by the trichs.

Is that foil on the walls? If so, you should remove it. Foil is a poor reflector of light. You would be quite a bit better off with flat white walls.

Well white widow hairs dont change color,but when the bud is dry they eventually do,but the lowryders sure do.And pollination is kind of hard when all my seeds are feminized,and the foil is better than the bare walls because theyr stained.

Latest posts

Back