growing my own seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassChance

Reaction score
I will take clones to show gender and hold one female for a mom...but Id also like to keep a supply of seeds "just in case". If I take one female and one male and put them in a box together...and say, cover all but one branch of the female with a piece of floating row cover...will the male release his pollen which hopefully will land on the UNcovered branch of the fem and make seed bearing buds on just that one branch? (A floating row cover is this very thinn material made to put over a bed of cabbage or whatever, to keep bugs out--it lets water and light thru. Sort of gauzy.
Think this would work? Any other ways, if this isnt a good plan? I dont want the gazillion seeds a WHOLE ferrtilized plant would produce...just one or two seedy buds.

Thanks

Lass

Pollen is microscopic, nothing you cover the plant with will stop the pollen getting through it.

Your best bet is to remove the male completely from the grow area and collect its pollen.

Then take the female out of your grow area outside and paint the pollen onto 1 branch.

Leave the female outside for several hours and then wash it with water to kill residual pollen then take the female back inside.

You will still get seeds in other parts of the plant, but not as many.

If you try to pollinate a female in your grow area your going to have pollen floating in the air forever because of your fans.

Just my thoughts.

:peace:

perfect...theres a sticky in the breeding section on collecting and selective pollination.. ;)

HippyInEngland said:
Pollen is microscopic, nothing you cover the plant with will stop the pollen getting through it.

Your best bet is to remove the male completely from the grow area and collect its pollen.

Then take the female out of your grow area outside and paint the pollen onto 1 branch.

Leave the female outside for several hours and then wash it with water to kill residual pollen then take the female back inside.

You will still get seeds in other parts of the plant, but not as many.

If you try to pollinate a female in your grow area your going to have pollen floating in the air forever because of your fans.

Just my thoughts.

:peace:

Latest posts

Back