Guys need some help deciding...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrypnoticKronic

Reaction score
Now, I got four sack seeds germin right now and I get paid thursday....

I have All good soil everything, pots etc...

It's the light system I need....

Now I have a few choices
1. Go to this local headshop and pick up a 400 watt grow light its a big bulb pointed down idk...
2. Pick up some CFL 23 Watt bulbs at home depot (100 watt each) grab at least 4 and make a system outta it but I dont know what those plug into!!!=(

Please guys help me outtt!!

I'm learnin as I go I wanna get realllly good at this!

Your lighting requirements will depend on the size of space you are going to be growing in. As far as CFL's vs I assume a HPS 400 watt lamp, the CFL's would be good for the vegetation stage and the HPS would be the light of choice for blooming. You need to figure out your square footage and then obtain enough lighting for a minimum of 5000 lumens per square foot for blooming.

More info of your space available would help to decide on what to purchase.

Warfish

Well man I got a half of a closet, all painted white etc....

Sliding screen door, able to sit down and cuddle in height at least 12 feet with a shelf and a pole.... I was think a two story grow and drill hooks into the wall and layers those CFLS with some sick lamps, but I just dont know...

CK you need to get HPS if you wana flower some decent bud, you didnt mention how many square feet is thatcloset??? depending on this you can decide how many watts you would need. you can get a single switchable ballast that can light both HPS and MH and get both of them the MH for vegging HPS for flowering.

CrypnoticKronic said:
Now, I got four sack seeds germin right now and I get paid thursday....

I have All good soil everything, pots etc...

It's the light system I need....

Now I have a few choices
1. Go to this local headshop and pick up a 400 watt grow light its a big bulb pointed down idk...
2. Pick up some CFL 23 Watt bulbs at home depot (100 watt each) grab at least 4 and make a system outta it but I dont know what those plug into!!!=(

Please guys help me outtt!!

I'm learnin as I go I wanna get realllly good at this!

If you want to get really good at this, you are going to have to do your homework. You really need to do some reading on lighting--your post indicates that you have apparently not read up on lighting at all.

1. A 400W what? Is it an HPS or a MH? Is this a complete light set-up--ballast, reflector, socket, cords? Most grow lights do not have their "big bulbs pointed down".

2. A 23W is 23W (the 100W equivalent doesn't mean anything). Four will light up a space about 1 sq ft. How many sq ft is your closet? Alos, JFI, lumen for lumen (and that is what counts) CFLs cost more in every way than a HPS, put out more heat, and will produce substantially less bud.

You say that you have "all good soil everything"..tell us about your medium, ventilation, nutrients, water pH, etc, etc...

Sorry guys for all my newness ahaha, just tired of spending money on budd =(..

But, I have about a 2ftWx10ftH, and I have a 170ish budget because I'm still picking up a fan and a few shelfs.....

Would a few Lithonia Lighting 4 Ft. Strip 2-Bulb 40 Watt T12 Fluorescent Fixture but like 6 or 5ish?

The best suggestion would be to follow THG's suggestion and do some homework on it all. Here is a link to a nice basic guide to this great hobby.
>>> Click Here To Open Up The Grow Guide <<<
Your plants will love you for learning about them and getting things right before jumping in blindly :)

There is a section in there about lighting as well that I am sure will help you in making your decision. Please read the whole guide ;)

ahhh jeeez :hitchair: squared feet man, you gave us th width and the height! what's the lenght??? don't flower under fluros if you want some good bud. you made a very good decisison to plant your own and if you do things right you will never have to buy again but if you mess up and don't read enough, it will be lost effort. get HPS light to flower, how big you need it i still have to know your squared feet

good, better, best...T12, T8, T5.....for veg only....HPS is a must for flowering.you said 2x10h so i know you have 2 feet in one direction but if the length is any more than 5 feet i would flower with 2 x 250w or 1 600w.

Another quick newb question...

If seeds are shown to increase size over a course of germination is that good or bad? I have 8 seeds germin and idk how to tell if they are makin progress or not =(

Oh and as well for veg could I just hang the HPS 12inch from the plant and just have it all the way through flowering?

Latest posts

Back