Gypsi Nirvana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see I am going to have to tell you a story . . .

I went to a big rock concert in the UK, Zappa and the Mothers of Invention were maybe the lead band, I can't recall, I think the Allman Bros and Doobie Bros were on the bill too. Memory is shot. Actually it is surprising I can remember anything really . . . when you consider:

I hired a Hertz car to drive me and my mates to Knebworth Park. It's huge, the park. Once there I dropped two microdots and started to construct a huge joint with a load of Moroccan hash I had bought in Delft. Three packs of Rizlas went into it (this thing was a foot long and about half an inch thick).
After the acid came on I lit up the J and wandered around toking on it and offering it at random to people. Because of the acid I didn't get stoned, instead the trip got heavier and more colourful.
I remember I offered the J to a guy selling T-shirts. Later I came back and he was completely off his head and was giving them away. Then I shared it for a while with a Canadian guy who told me he'd been to the concert where Zappa made a small turd on the stage and then ate some of it, with the words "nobody out-grosses Frank Zappa".
Later I lost the car keys and had to report this to the police van, which bearing in mind my condition was quite some ordeal. And we all had to get the bus home. And next day I had to travel back to the park and retrieve the car from the middle of fields covered in what remains after a rock concert is over.

Latest posts

Back