Had no idea you could get them this cheap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably ok for vegging in a 2x2 footprint. The PPFD map has ok homogeneity at 18” but lower than that, the outer 1 ft zones are relatively ‘dim’. I have lousy blurple LEDs and would spend a bit more to get better lights if I could do it over again. The best bang for your buck in growing is buying a good light. Will it work? Probably but I think the results would be disappointing daisychaining 2 of these in a 2x4 tent or 4 in a 4x4 tent.

I have a similar Viparspectra light. I use it as supplemental lighting, but not by itself. Even in a 2X2 the lighting is barely adequate, and only at full power which produces a lot of heat for a small tent.

I am still using hps.
😆
Hard to argue with the tried and true grandfather light source of indoor growing. Always wanted to try one but was concerned about heat and energy cost as a personal use grower. Seriously looked into CMH fixtures for a while but went with sh!tty blurple LEDs because I am a cheap old coot.

Looks like a better choice to me. There was a grower in here a while back that swore by Viparspectra lights and he grew some beautiful buds. If you have the extra $100, I would go with the 3000 and use your other lights for the new tent you will inevitably wind up buying to veg in…😂

It's a good light, but it doesn't use what has become the industry standard LM301b diodes. The spectrum is arguably not as good for growing, and you will get more heat per input watt than you would with their XS 1500 (non pro). As a supplemental light it's a good choice, though. Two of them would be perfect in a 2X4 IMO. Or, as @oldfogey8 says, go with the XS 3000.

Hard to argue with the tried and true grandfather light source of indoor growing. Always wanted to try one but was concerned about heat and energy cost as a personal use grower. Seriously looked into CMH fixtures for a while but went with sh!tty blurple LEDs because I am a cheap old coot.
I need the heat. Especially in the cooler months.

I tried led in 18 spent thousands and........gave them away and went back after A couple runs.
Maybe down the road the tech will be there but where it is now at its price point.........plus I need the heat 8 months out of the year.
😆

I tried led in 18 spent thousands and........gave them away and went back after A couple runs.
Maybe down the road the tech will be there but where it is now at its price point.........plus I need the heat 8 months out of the year.
😆
In the summer I cut back to one light. Temp doesn't get above 78.....same in the winter. Love my cool tubes.

About $52 with the discount. Sounds like a smoking deal for a 100watt LED thats dimmable.

What say ye all? :D
Phlizon PL1000 Plant LED Grow Light with LM281B LEDs Dimmable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083SDVKTQ
I used 3 of their 1000 models a few years ago in a 2x4 tent. This was when they used the samsung leds, many have gone to other leds so may be no big deal. I paid about 80 bucks on amazon on sale a piece. 3 fit a 2x4 perfectly.

Bubba

I
I just open the garage doors and let'em run.
Usually nave two windows cracked in the winter for air exchange and unless it gets colder than -10 I don't run any heat.
I Welcome the heat. I vent no matter what....you have to. I'm in my basement @6 ,000 ft

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back