Halogen lights and growing weed??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMT

Reaction score
Don't worry it's not one of those questions.

The boss has it in her head that we need security lights ( I'd rather any trespassers didn't see the dogs until it's too late :hubba: ) and where she wants them will illuminate some of my outdoor girls.

So anyways i have to put up a few at the weekend and I'm kinda wondering do any of ye guys know how far away they should be so that they don't interrupt the dark period.

I was in the agri store store today and came across energy saving fluro bulbs that fit into those outdoor halogen lights so I'm also wondering do they penetrate less than the halogen bulbs.

I'm thinking 30/40 meters may be a safe distance but I'd like to hear from somebody who knows about that type of thing.

Probably just walking away until it feels like a full moons light would do.

30-40 feet maybe. But if you can go 30 meters. Why not, thats a long ways out.

Reactions: GMT
I was thinking 30/40 might do alright, guess i'll just have to take a chance.

Not exactly the easiest thing to find info on.

we have a mercury vapor (pole light) 15 meters from our girls outdoors with no ill effects. and we've brought in a many crop at this distance.;) .

Reactions: GMT
Thanks fellas my mind is now at ease, well it might be the hash but more likely the good advice.:hubba:

I never thought to check the indoor lighting charts good one hie.

HIE is right. I had 9 out last year not far at all from our motion lights. They are always going off because we have lots of critters out here and I never had a problem. Heck, the moon cast more light on the plants than the motion lights ever did.

That was pretty much the worry for me dogs,chickens,ducks and all the wild animals the lights are bound to come on 20 times a night.
That's why i cant fathom the logic of her wanting them, i know in a months time i will be informed they are a nuisance and must go.

Oh well the things we have to endure to keep them happy.:angrywife:

Latest posts

Back