HashPlant cuttings in RW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozman

Reaction score
OK,do I have anything to worry about or just let nature take its course?
These are hash plant cuttings,they have been in rockwool for 14 days now.
My only concern is no roots yet,they appear healthy with only minor leaf yellowing,no wilting,they almost appear frozen in time,lol.

They are under 18/6 light,I moved them up into the brighter light last week,I use 40 watt floros to cut and veg with,They where given nothing when I cut them,just plain phd water,presoaked the rw cube.
The last watering I used olivias.
None will move when gently tugged.They feel pretty secure in the cubes.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanx,
:watchplant::woohoo:

100_1767 (Medium).JPG

100_1769 (Medium).JPG

ozman said:
OK,do I have anything to worry about or just let nature take its course?
These are hash plant cuttings,they have been in rockwool for 14 days now.
My only concern is no roots yet,they appear healthy with only minor leaf yellowing,no wilting,they almost appear frozen in time,lol.

They are under 18/6 light,I moved them up into the brighter light last week,I use 40 watt floros to cut and veg with,They where given nothing when I cut them,just plain phd water,presoaked the rw cube.
The last watering I used olivias.
None will move when gently tugged.They feel pretty secure in the cubes.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanx,
:watchplant::woohoo:

good day ozman..
for 14 days there looking pretty good... mojo for you..
why the 18/6..??
24/7 for light for clones wrk much better IMO.. the cutting doesnt need dark yet. not atleast til a root structure is astablished..

i would keep em 2-5" away small fan blowing around and 24hrs light..;)
you look like your gonna be ok dude..
LH

They look good and I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I would keep the cuttings on the same light regimen that the mother was/is on. I also use a 18/6 for both my mothers and the cuttings.

I don't actually disagree with the 24/7 light schedule if the mothers are on that same 24/7. Just with going from 18/6 to a 24hr schedule.

DD

oz man, are you trying to grow foliage?, or , are you trying to grow roots?...:rolleyes: ...

take away the light my man. you don't want the foliage to grow. get my drift?...

Hello ozman, still looking good to me. I have found that leaving a little less leaves helps the roots grow faster.

Well guys,
the hash plants rooted fine,they just took longer then im used to.In fact this has inspired me to try cloning in rockwool again,im a perlite/vermiculite man myself.I currently have 10 super lemon haze,and 5 northern lights in rockwool cubes,the slh are starting to pop roots,I figure the nl arent to far behind.If I can get good results with this I will try some more in rockwool.
The wrapped rw cubes are so much nicer to work with compared to perlite/vermiculite,Im just worried about my sucess rate,Ive been getting 98% sucess or better.
Hey Budders keeper,I will keep that in mind when I go to cut clones again and give it a shot,but my question would be,wouldnt that also take away some of the stored food for the plant?
Because of where my veg and mother plants and clone station is,in my bedroom closet,they stay on my schedule,the lights are prety bright,makes it hard to sleep with all those lights on,Im kinda cramped for space,Ive even commandeered space in my bathroom for clones,Ive got 63 clones rooting or rooted going now.Will be adding another light in a week or so to my flower room,plus Im paying it forward with giving some clones away to a buddy to fill his little flower chamber up,also if I lose a strain I will have a way to get it back:).
As far as the leaves I only leave 1-2nodes before the top knot,Thanx raidernation for the personal help:),Ive had good luck that way.
I try not to get the lights to close till they show roots,then I move them close to the lights.

Thanx Guys,

sup oz clones still running your life? LOL
Im using rockwool too for some sharks i got from a friend but the first week the lights were on/off randomly i knew i would get some clones from the dispensary so i didnt even try to root them. 2 days ago it rooted which would be more then 3 weeks longest cloning i took part in and it looks all jacked up i threw them in my last dwc bucket
I got a couple clone only strains that might interest you check out my grow in the hydro section

Latest posts

Back