Have Closeup Pics......and Questions Of Course!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noobiewithadoobie

OBL - Official Bong Lover
Reaction score
These are some closeups of my White Russian Hydro grow. I am about 6 weeks into flower and have been reading on these forums about "Nanners" which I have deduced are not a good thing. Having said that, I was wondering if these pics are of maturing pistils, or the ever dreaded "Nanners". I have also included a picture entitled weird leaves with red outlines around the areas in question. The very top of the two main colas have begun to grow these veins on the edge of the leaves. I have since tied them away from the corners of the light where they were all along. I am assuming this is heat related although I have been very good in keeping my exhaust tubing in the light and fan blowing on the bulb. Just curious if anyone has ever seen this. I am getting worried that these girls are starting to have pistils turn (if that is what those are) and they just don't seem to be putting on weight at a rapid pace. I also look at them everyday so it may just me being impatient.

FYI -
Flora Nova Bloom @ 10ml/gal,
Floralicious Plus @ 1ml/gal,
FloraNectar Fruit n Fusion @ 2ml/gal,
AN Overdrive @ 2ml/gal,
Aquashield @ 2ml/gal.

Girls are super sticky, smell like nothing I have ever had before, very fruity/danky!:D Just need two more weeks of good luck and I am hoping they will be thick enough to pick!:watchplant:

I have posted here a few times and everyone has been great. Any info you all may have would be greatly appreciated!

bud.jpg

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

closeup3.jpg

top.jpg

main cola.jpg

top2.jpg

weird leaves.jpg

Looks awesome to me...great job..i dont see Nanners..I see some DANK!!!:lama:

4u2sm0ke said:
Looks awesome to me...great job..i dont see Nanners..I see some DANK!!!:lama:

any ideas on the ridges on the leaf I outlined? Also curious about my last few weeks. In your opinion do you see a more rapid "thickening" of the buds in the last few weeks? Thanks for the reply, I feel better knowing those are not nanners. You think those are just pistils turning?
It is experienced people who share their knowledge and experience that make this such a great forum. Thanks again for your insight.

noobiewithadoobie said:
any ideas on the ridges on the leaf I outlined? Also curious about my last few weeks. In your opinion do you see a more rapid "thickening" of the buds in the last few weeks? Thanks for the reply, I feel better knowing those are not nanners. You think those are just pistils turning?
It is experienced people who share their knowledge and experience that make this such a great forum. Thanks again for your insight.
yes your buds will gain alot of weight in the final couple of weeks, as for the ridges im not very sure. are they curling or changing colors??? btw great job on the grow so far good luck bro

Yes they will start to pack on the wieght now.. as for the leafs curled..could just be the ending of the life cycle..realy every thing looks great:aok: please keep us posted on the Harvet..untill then take care and be safe:48:

You're good to go!..Looks great...

keep an eye on your individual branches and tie em up cuz they get too stressed under the wieght of some buds...

I know, boo hoo, right?

rock on dude:)

4u2sm0ke said:
Yes they will start to pack on the wieght now.. as for the leafs curled..could just be the ending of the life cycle..realy every thing looks great:aok: please keep us posted on the Harvet..untill then take care and be safe:48:

Good to know. This is my 3rd attempt. First soil grow was over "loved" and thus hermied and died. 2nd attempt was hydro and got about this far and blew a circuit breaker one lovely 14 degree night and froze my ladies when the heater was not on. This time I am so close it hurts! I am just hoping they get some girth in the next two weeks or so. I can't take another mishap like last year. It may make me walk away from growing forever, and I don't want that!! Thanks again to everyone for your input. It means a great deal!

3rd time is acharm, they look great! you will really see the buds beaf up in the last 2 weeks, especially in hydro! I'm a soil grower, and I'm still always amazed at the production of the plants that are grown hydroponicly. Nice Job!

looooking good buddy!!!!

I know...this "nanner" thing has got me looking hard

:ciao: newbie.....what nutes are ya useing? and at what strength...your gonna get threw this one my friend with some DANK SKANK:aok:

keep us posted...love to get a harvest pic Mojo for the finish:lama:

I see no sign of nanners either. Your plants look great. Towards the end of flowering, the calyx will swell and often look like it contains seeds--I think this might be what you are noticing. I don't have a clue about the leaves...

I'm on the no nanners bandwagon. If you see something that looks like a little banana...you got nanners. Go to my thread on a hermie I found over the weekend and look at the picture I posted in #8. You will see what a newly developed nanners looks like. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49650

Good luck with the rest of your grow and while you're at it.....hold this :bong1::D

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: newbie.....what nutes are ya useing? and at what strength...your gonna get threw this one my friend with some DANK SKANK:aok:

Flora Nova Bloom @ 10ml/gal,
Floralicious Plus @ 1ml/gal,
FloraNectar Fruit n Fusion @ 2ml/gal,
Adv. Nutrients Overdrive @ 2ml/gal,
Aquashield @ 2ml/gal.

4u2sm0ke said:

Forgot to mention, I will definitely be posting some pics after harvest. Thanks again for all the replies from everyone. I love this forum!!! Everybody is so F'ing helpful. Can't say enough about it!:joint:

i just harvested a bunch of bag seed that al the lil fan leafs were like that.. what looked like the edges curled in a lil with a thick thick outline of thrics... and some on the bigger leaves too..... i woulnd worry about it too much bro.. enjoy the weed as well as the trim... lol... you have raised some B-E-AUTIFUL ladies....

LH

Latest posts

Back