Have one WW plant, what would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daaabud

Reaction score
So right now I'm working on a single White Widow that a friend gave to me, and right now it is looking pretty healthy. I'm unsure of the quality of the plant, so I was debating whether I should attempt to clone it, or start from scratch with some seeds of a different strain?

The amount of time that WW takes to flower is a little concerning to me as well, as I don't really want to wait 12+ weeks of flowering to harvest a plant. Even if I did clone it the turn around period for a crop would be ~4 months.

Considering this is my first grow and the unsureness of the plant, I'm really leaning towards just flowering this sucker now and getting some new seeds of a different strain to grow from. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

WWPHD? (What would pot heads do? ;))

It really depends on how patient you are man. If you have the time to wait, i'd suggest definately cloning it, since WW is a nice plant to have (I had 20 fem seeds, amazingly all turned to be guys hahaha). I'd also suggest, if you are that impatient, to get your other seeds, yet still clone and then flower the plant you have now, let the clones take root, and veg 'em for 5 to 6 weeks, and flower those too...basically you're looking at either way 8 to 10 weeks to flower even indicas. After waiting 2 months, what's another? Anyway, white widow as far as quality is top notch, and definately worth waiting for.

greenthumberish said:
It really depends on how patient you are man. If you have the time to wait, i'd suggest definately cloning it, since WW is a nice plant to have (I had 20 fem seeds, amazingly all turned to be guys hahaha). I'd also suggest, if you are that impatient, to get your other seeds, yet still clone and then flower the plant you have now, let the clones take root, and veg 'em for 5 to 6 weeks, and flower those too...basically you're looking at either way 8 to 10 weeks to flower even indicas. After waiting 2 months, what's another? Anyway, white widow as far as quality is top notch, and definately worth waiting for.
Thank you good sir, that's a good way to put it. Patience truly is a virtue of growing:D. Cloning was my original course of action, but I started having doubts about the quality of the plant. It seems to be pulling through pretty strong now. I transplanted it into a larger pot a week ago, have watered it twice since then with the last watering with Maxicrop 1-0-4 seaweed powder (Thursday night). I'll probably water it again tonight (no nutrients).

Another reason why I thought cloning was the way to go is cost and security; two things fairly important to me ;).

One slight problem is dealing with the single plant that will be flowering (under a 400w HPS, in its own tent), and the clones (I'm going to buy a T5 for that). I suppose I may have to buy more T5's than I was originally planning... No biggie I suppose.

Thanks!

The T5's will work great for cloning and veg. You could veg your one plant for awhile until it's big enough to get maybe a half dozen or so cuttings off of it for your next grow and then put that plant into flower. You can then just keep taking cuttings off of your clones as you put them into flower for subsequent bloom cycles and go on and on and on...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back