heat seaking marijuana plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemon_breed08

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering if anyone herd of the cops finding plants buy using plains and a camera that saposidly can tell if theres pot around if you grow too many plants in one area by means of thermo imagry and i was wondering if anyone would tell me how many they recamend in one area thanks and happy fall!

i grew outdoors since 93 until this year.my plants never got found by the helicopters.i had up to 6 or 7 plants in each spot.just dont have anything like buckets,tools,or anything like that around your plants and you should be good..i mean yes..it does happen..more in some places than others but...i've never had problems w/ em findin my garden.they supposedly can tell if your growin indoors also but..again..never heard of anyone gettin cought by them usin that teq..thats my $.02

i seen a show about a year ago on tv, they had a chopper fly'n over a city look'n for hot spots. u couldn't get busted from that alone, but it could be a red flag. but depending on what area your at and the security of your environment, you probably dont need to worry much... anythings possible.
and i think 25 or more becomes a federal issue in the united states, otherwise its the states call.

That heat seeking is used primarily for large commercial grows with many 1000w bulbs creating large amounts of heat in one area of a home.Another human right lost :D The type of of detection your thinking is an infrared type device to locate for a spectrum that only the MJ plant would project ....<<<I think

I always heard that mj radiates more heat than most plants....

i have about 18 in one area do you think that is a really bad idea and i will get rid of the buckets around them not that there is any but i have them growing in buckets should i put them in the ground when they get a little bigger because i dont really know what to do its like my first year growing outdoors with this many cuzz i want to last the winter i dont know let me know guys thanks for all the posts

and another question my plants have little circular clear spots on the plants leaves and i think its dust mites or something but i put pesticides on them to get rid of it can anyone tell me if what im doing will actually halp.

a while ago, I thin Fruity Bud posted on the drones with infrared cameras that LEo uses to fly over suspected areas. With this technology, LEO can spot outdoor grows by analizing the color reflected from the plants and hot spots in homes. This is not xray, just heat detection.

lemon_breed08 said:
i have about 18 in one area do you think that is a really bad idea and i will get rid of the buckets around them not that there is any but i have them growing in buckets should i put them in the ground when they get a little bigger because i dont really know what to do its like my first year growing outdoors with this many cuzz i want to last the winter i dont know let me know guys thanks for all the posts

i recommend just having some local greenery around them. it covers up the buckets quite good.
you could dig, but that's always pain in the butt. i find it better to try to find a spot where there is a lot of floral on the ground (i don't know where you are.. but around here, it's easy to find a spot where the ground is a lot lower than it seems because of different plants)

also, when growing in the woods, i prefer to have mine in bunches of maybe 5 or so... you don't have to have them far apart.
i just like to have them split up because if someone/something finds your 1 spot. you're screwed. where if you had them in a few different spots, they might not all get found.
(it's not just people you worry about.. deer can clean out your entire crop very easily)

I know about the deer but good idea of the ares of like five or so i already have a are picked out that i think will be verry good and i normally take a leak once in a while for the deer so i have that under control but thanks good idea ill will move them nice. oh and sorry i dont tell where im at im really paranoid

Marijuanna radiates heat? I doubt it. I haven't done research on this but it just simply dosen't make sense. Plants lower the ambient temperature through evaporation and other things.

Tater said:
Marijuanna radiates heat? I doubt it. I haven't done research on this but it just simply dosen't make sense. Plants lower the ambient temperature through evaporation and other things.

it's not the heat really for outdoor plants, but the way it reflects light. every plant has it's own unique light signature. if you concentrate your plants in a given area, it will be easier to be spotted from above:hubba:

i dident know that about the plants but what about the round circular clear dots on the leaves of my plants do you think its over feeding or could it be a bug eating it from below? let me know thanks

Latest posts

Back