Helicopters EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
I dunno what was happening last night, but starting around 10:30 there were sirens all over my new neighborhood and choppers flying very low and circling VERY close to my house. I began to panic and I brought my plants inside. I figured that they are probably not here to bust my small *** op with just three plants with that much noise, but the last thing I wanted was for a low flyer to see my plants in my atrium. So, I brought my plants inside and locked them in a dark bathroom to keep them away from my cats... but this morning they don't look so happy. I don't know if it was too cold in my house last night or what (my husband turns the a/c down VERY low) but they seem to be wilted severely. I have had them outside for some time now (about 4 hours) and they are not recovering much.

That is not the point of this post though. The point is that my neighborhood seems to be the target of police investigations to crack down on gang violence and organized crime. Cops are going door to door and asking the neighborhood what they think needs to be done to make our neighborhood safer. :holysheep: Personally, I don't think it's that bad. MY side of the street is controlled by a homeowners association and patrolled by constables and sherriffs... the other side is not. But, I am starting to worry now that if that keeps up (with the helicopters and door to door inquiries) someone will spot my plants. Has anyone ever had a problem like this and what can I do about it?

They have dogs out there searching for meth labs, and I know what I've said about dogs before, but I am really worried. They bring those dogs right to the door when they are asking questions (I'm sure it's so that if the dogs smell something they can come on in):eek: . I am thinking if they knock on my door I'll keep them at the outside gate so that they can't smell the smoke or plants that are deep inside my house. But what if they wanna come in? What do I do??

~Metalchick

Wow. If I lived in an area like that, I wouldn't be able to grow. I would be bald by next summer due to the stress. I would have investigated the neighborhood before purchasing a home missy. ;)

If they knock at a door where no-one is at home, no-one can answer the door, understand?

Hippy

I agree with DL. If that neighborhhood of yours is monitored like that there's no friggin way I'd grow. Too risky in my opinion.

Sometimes metal chick "proactive" helps.
Start a neighborhood watch. Stash the plants really well. Invite everyone over for one meeting to get things in line. DO NOT OFFER TO BE LEADER THO.
A cop comes over talks about the neighborhood watch. What to do and things like that with you and your neighbors. Pass the hat to purchase a couple of signs for your street. He'll tell you to put up no trespassing signs. They do not bring a dog with them. (basically how to watch for transients and stuff) Everyone in the neighborhood will remember you had the first meeting. Your basically making everyones head turn in the other direction....after the first meeting everything sorta disapates.
See where I'm going with this.....the more "helpful" to police as far as gangs n crap....the more they think "she don't have nuthin to hide".
So basically head em off at the pass so to speak.
Just my idea.
(I stashed mine deep in the attic until after the meeting. ;) )
but if they come to the door just knocking DO NOT let them in.
Plus it will help get the "rif-raf" out so your neighborhood is not under such a close eye with LEO. Prolly got a few peaceful tokers on your street that don't like the thought of helicoptors either. ;)

Yeah, I thought of that. The thing is tho, I have THREE neighbors that I know of that grow. I know this because I have seen their plants. I haven't told them that I grow, but they made it known that they all kind of watch out for eachother.

I did investigate the neighborhood... thoroughly. The crime rate is very low, but apparently they are having problems with Meth Labs in the area. That was not something I knew about.

When I was outside a few moments ago with my plants I heard the choppers again. They are not anywhere I can see them, but I can hear them and that tells me that they are close. I think I'll go back to growing indoors. I have a perfect closet picked out and it has 15 foot ceilings, so I don't have to worry about height issues. Just how to adjust my lights.

We already have a neighborhood watch. That was what I mean by my side of the street is patrolled and also has a kick *** homeowners association. My side of the street is nothing but houses and such... the other side has some apartment complexes on it that are less than desireable. They are actually shutting down a whole complex due to drug activity, and think that's the reason for the recent surge in police activity. They are making arrests in the complex, so I think the chopper is over there. There are like, 70 cop cars in the complex right now, so I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. They are not focusing on my side of the street except to ask what they can do to help us keep our neighborhood safe. My concern was that my plants would be accidentally "spotted" by a low flyer. But, my plants are pretty small still, so I dunno how "spottable" they are.

I might be jumping the gun and being paranoid on this one, but I can't help it. It makes me VERY nervous. I think once this complex is taken care of they won't come around so much anymore... but I wonder.

~Metalchick

HippyInEngland said:
If they knock at a door where no-one is at home, no-one can answer the door, understand?

Hippy

Yeah... I thought of that, except that my kiddo will run off at the mouth when the bell rings (they can't reach the front door unless I open the iron gate outside) with things like "Is that daddy? Who's here? Answer the door mommy!" LOL.. It doesn't matter how much I shush her, she keeps going until I answer the door.

~Metalchick

It sounds risky to me, You might want to think about moving to the country!

You also might think about getting a dog because cop dogs go nuts around other dogs whether you have pot or not. It is terribly distracting and effects the cop dogs accuracy and concentration, so cops try to avoid getting their dogs near our dogs.

Another reason I love my dog and take him for rides (especially if I have to carry)!

Mutt said:
Sometimes metal chick "proactive" helps.
Start a neighborhood watch. Stash the plants really well. Invite everyone over for one meeting to get things in line. DO NOT OFFER TO BE LEADER THO.
A cop comes over talks about the neighborhood watch. What to do and things like that with you and your neighbors. Pass the hat to purchase a couple of signs for your street. He'll tell you to put up no trespassing signs. They do not bring a dog with them. (basically how to watch for transients and stuff) Everyone in the neighborhood will remember you had the first meeting. Your basically making everyones head turn in the other direction....after the first meeting everything sorta disapates.
See where I'm going with this.....the more "helpful" to police as far as gangs n crap....the more they think "she don't have nuthin to hide".
So basically head em off at the pass so to speak.
Just my idea.
(I stashed mine deep in the attic until after the meeting. ;) )
but if they come to the door just knocking DO NOT let them in.
Plus it will help get the "rif-raf" out so your neighborhood is not under such a close eye with LEO. Prolly got a few peaceful tokers on your street that don't like the thought of helicoptors either. ;)

I like this whole idea. My neighborhood is a pretty good one but with something like that set up it would make me feel alot safer with what I am doing. I think of it as making freinds and creating a better neighborhood for all of us while cloking my grow with the safety of my neighbors....I never really thought about doing that? Good idea anyhoo!

I would love to move to the country. But, because of my business with the horses it is easier to stay close to the city for monetary purposes. However, moving to the Texas Hill Country is in my 10 year plan.

We have been thinking quite a bit lately about getting a dog. We just can't agree on what kind. I've had a boxer, and she didn't work out so well so my husband is spoiled on them. She was inbred, sick, and stupid. I didn't know when I bought her, but you can believe that the breeder I bought her from paid dearly for her suffering at the end of her life. I made sure of it.

I'd like to get a Great Dane. I love them. I have my heart set on a Harlequinn... my husband wants an English Bulldog. I don't like small dogs. I have always had a thing for large animals, I just get along better with them. Cats are different, but when it comes to dogs I think bigger is better. Same with horses, though that depends on the horse.

~Metalchick

metalchick832 said:

I'd like to get a Great Dane. I love them. I have my heart set on a Harlequinn...
~Metalchick

A very good choice in dogs. I have a St. Bernard, Large and in charge. Everyne on my block knows that I have him and they love him....this could be becouse it is a good neighborhood that I live in and we all kinda minge with each other every now and then. I will let you know that I have lived in what we call up here as the red zones (the worst parts of town) and when I had Sampson in these neighborhoods every one was scared and secluded them selves from me and my house.....kinda wierd I know but that is the way it was;)

I like Golden Retrievers for a family dog. They're big, smart, and live for 10-15 years. They have a large bark and no bite.

My dog is a Black Lab/German Shep. mix. German Shepards are very protective. Not good if you have kids.

Sorry to hear about your Boxer MetalChick.

Hey sounds like you might be smoking too much of your product. Just don't panic and do not answer the door.

Gadhooka said:
It sounds risky to me, You might want to think about moving to the country!

You also might think about getting a dog because cop dogs go nuts around other dogs whether you have pot or not. It is terribly distracting and effects the cop dogs accuracy and concentration, so cops try to avoid getting their dogs near our dogs.

Another reason I love my dog and take him for rides (especially if I have to carry)!
im sorry but i must dissagree,,have you been around cop dogs???,, they are very smart ,inteligant and exstreamly well trained to deal with situations like this and other dogs,, one of the training exercised they focus on the most is other "dogs" they go threw training exercises to ignore other dogs for example if the dog is set loose on a theif walking a dog down the street the dog is going to take the suspect not the dog,, most dogs of authority put threw traning exercises with other dogs just to get the job done and not seek attention the the chriminals dog,, so when the dog shows up to raid a house the cop dog will ignore anything eles but the job it is intended to do ,, im not comming down harsh on you i just wanted to clear up the theory of other dogs distacting the cop dog. and another thing the dog is not going to bust you for narcodics unless it was sent their to search for it,even if it shows up at your house,, i would be cautious of the cops creeping around your nabour hood thoe,, some cops could be sneeky and try to look around your house for illigal activity,,consitering theirs meth labs kicking around your nabourhood,, i would prolly scrap the plants in their still young and start over in a few weeks when the heat cools down,,just my thoughts on that

clever_intuition said:
A very good choice in dogs. I have a St. Bernard, Large and in charge. Everyne on my block knows that I have him and they love him....this could be becouse it is a good neighborhood that I live in and we all kinda minge with each other every now and then. I will let you know that I have lived in what we call up here as the red zones (the worst parts of town) and when I had Sampson in these neighborhoods every one was scared and secluded them selves from me and my house.....kinda wierd I know but that is the way it was;)
st bernards rock ,, thoes are mint dogs ,, right freindly??? how old is it ,, and whats the price on one of them?

walter said:
im sorry but i must dissagree,,have you been around cop dogs???,, they are very smart ,inteligant and exstreamly well trained to deal with situations like this and other dogs,, one of the training exercised they focus on the most is other "dogs" they go threw training exercises to ignore other dogs for example if the dog is set loose on a theif walking a dog down the street the dog is going to take the suspect not the dog,, most dogs of authority put threw traning exercises with other dogs just to get the job done and not seek attention the the chriminals dog,, so when the dog shows up to raid a house the cop dog will ignore anything eles but the job it is intended to do ,, im not comming down harsh on you i just wanted to clear up the theory of other dogs distacting the cop dog. and another thing the dog is not going to bust you for narcodics unless it was sent their to search for it,even if it shows up at your house,, i would be cautious of the cops creeping around your nabour hood thoe,, some cops could be sneeky and try to look around your house for illigal activity,,consitering theirs meth labs kicking around your nabourhood,, i would prolly scrap the plants in their still young and start over in a few weeks when the heat cools down,,just my thoughts on that

I'm not criticizing the police dogs, I'm just sying that cops will try flagrantly to avoid these situations because no matter how much trainingm a dog is still a dog. For example, If you have dominant male, there is a good chance your dog will scrap with the cop dog because they're both dominant males and that is a bad situation. Or say you've got a ***** in season, that cop dog will be like "Sorry dad, I've got somthing better to sniff over here!"

I'm just saying anytime you have two or more dogs around eachother, it throws a level of uncertainty into the equation and cops don't like uncertainty because they're wimps

Time to get high!!:ccc:

I had a neighbor that used to breed Akita/Wolf and Husky/Wolf mixes. They were like, 15th and 16th generation bred in captivity, so they were really sweet. I used to dog sit for him when he went out of town and they were totally sweet and friendly, even with my kiddo. One of them even came home with me for a while when he took some of them to a breeder in Carolina. It would sleep in the baby's room and when she would cry at night he would stand up on his back legs and lean into her crib to lick her and stuff. Whenever my husband and I would fight the dog/wolf would come and stand in front of me, like it was protecting me. He went to give me a kiss one day after we'd been fighting and the dog backed him into a corner... LOL.. my husband was shaking!!! So, because of that he wouldn't let me have one of the puppies that was promised to me as payment for watching the dogs. He was like "it'll turn on us one day and we'll all get mangled!" I think he just didn't like the idea of the dog being more protective of me and the baby than it was of him. Silly, but men are jealous of their women's dogs sometimes.

I'd love to have a St. Bernard. They are soooo awesome. But, again, my husband was bitten by one as a kid and doesn't trust them.

My only issue with the Great Dane is the problems that they tend to have later in life. Things like their skin and their hips. Other than that I love them.

My boxer was a really sweet girl. Found out later she had been raised in a concrete kennel (had respritory issues), was inbred like, 5 times (stupid and had MAJOR issues with her brain) and was infested with parasites and heartworms. I spent every dime of my money trying to get her better. She died in my arms with a last pained and pleading look. There wasn't even enough time to get her to the vet once she was ready to go. I didn't stop crying for a week. That breeder paid VERY dearly for what he had done to her and his other dogs. When I filed suit against him the ASPCA looked into his operation and found over 150 puppies with the same issues that mine had and confiscated every single one of them. The sad part is that not one of them could be brought back enough to survive. They all died, but at least they died painlessly at the hands of a lethal injection, and not gasping for breath and whimpering in their sad and bewildered owner's arms. He paid me and the state a LOT of money for that one. Plus, he's in prison and once he gets out he's not allowed to own any animals for 15 years. To me though, his punishment should have been a lot harsher. He should never be allowed to own animals again, as far as I'm concerned. I just don't understand the point of owning an animal if you aren't going to give them the love and care that they deserve. Animals can't care for themselves, they depend on us to do it. When we don't do it they are lost forever... sad.

~Metalchick

Well that was a funny story......til the end :cry:

Those wolf dogs sound cool!

Why we have dogs...
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten year old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dogs owner Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would, be good for four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience the next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on.
Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.
The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.
He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The four-year old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Latest posts

Back