Help Me Pick a CBD Strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a harlequin 1/8 from the disp a while back now that you mention it Rose. Their testing had 6% cbd with a higher thc. Forget what it was, but I mental noted it.

Just getting on the pc, looking at the cannatonic cost it has gone up since I purchased mine a year ago. I never got mine tested, but I've seen it tested at 6%thc and 14%cbd at one disp. And was told when I asked about that, that it wasnt even their best. That they had 1.8%thc to 14%cbd at their best.

Was interested to get mine tested, but at the end of the day didn't want to drop $125 for a test. Smoking it though, get a tiny high so theres some thc, but mostly the cbd body feeling. I like it. The wax I made from it has been great for tension headaches

It was nice of the breeders of Freedom Baby to say in its blip that it is kind of a crap shoot to see what you get. I think it is like that with most of these new cbd strains. Unless you get a clone. I got mad at freedom baby cause it hermied, but i think that was my fault, i can't remember right now. Two people ask me for it... I will order it again someday. It is the one mr rb likes the best. I must confess I don t smoke it myself. Stoner.

If i do get it I will do what i did last time and take clones if nothing hermies I will keep them this time.. In a fit of hermie rage I tossed all the clones from freedom baby. It would be fun to work one of these plants and see what you like the best and interesting to see how many pheno's you get.

SOHUM seeds is now putting on their pax that bla bla seeds should be 80% CBD, or 90% depending on the strain.

Home potency testing has been around for a few years.
You can get a kit that comes with 25 tests for 165.00

hXXps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0d36ORIr1c
hXXps://www.marijuanausa.net/

This vendor is selling a CBD kit for 25 dollars.

hxxp://cbscientific.com/cbscientific-products/personal-analytics-cbd-detection-kit.html

Thanx for these, I have just about every breeders CBD strain, and I was not looking forward to testing costs. You now I'm expecting a report on those ac/cd you scored btw. ;)

Jaam, do you know if harlequin is 100% cbd? Sure seems that way to me.

No its 2:1 ratio of CBD to THC... I believe it is around 12% CBD and alil less then 6% THC... The lab results are no longer posted online but I did send them to you in a pm awhile back at the other spot... :48:

Home potency testing has been around for a few years.
You can get a kit that comes with 25 tests for 165.00

hXXps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0d36ORIr1c
hXXps://www.marijuanausa.net/

This vendor is selling a CBD kit for 25 dollars.

hxxp://cbscientific.com/cbscientific-products/personal-analytics-cbd-detection-kit.html

That test does not give you percentages so what good is it? Its just gonna tell you CBD is present in the matter... you wont know if its 2% or 27% CBD without full lab analysis... 2% nothing special... 27% you just found a new clone only so come up with a good name for her...

I have not been able to find anything out there with a CBD percentage higher than Mango Haze that lists 8-10% CBD. Most of them are around the 5-6% area, if they have any percentages at all and a lot of them don't. Most of the CBD strains I found had about a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD.

I went ahead and ordered some Durga Mata II, but I will be keeping my eyes open. If something with significantly more CBD becomes available, I will probably be for trying it.

best of luck THG.
it really is a crapshoot with seeds though IMO. it's so much better if you can get a verified clone (and i'm sure with your connections, you could ;) )
basically a blind pheno hunt with seeds.

i'm a rec and med user.. but can easily say; i'd much rather get 1 verified quality CBD clone, than hunt through a bunch of seeds again. cause they're nice medicinally.. but suck recreationally ;)
it really sucked with my limited space; i need some rec, and it was a huge setback growing a round of pot that didn't get me high ;)

i personally would avoid anything with CBD tacked onto the end myself. just screams blatant marketing to me.

I have not been able to find anything out there with a CBD percentage higher than Mango Haze that lists 8-10% CBD. Most of them are around the 5-6% area, if they have any percentages at all and a lot of them don't. Most of the CBD strains I found had about a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD.

I went ahead and ordered some Durga Mata II, but I will be keeping my eyes open. If something with significantly more CBD becomes available, I will probably be for trying it.

Looks like we will be the first in here running the Durga mataII, I'm looking forward to seeing what the deal is all about.

That test does not give you percentages so what good is it?
You're wrong.

A still from the video.

eq2CTdE.png

I can not comment on the other one as I have no real info on that one.

Lyfespan--looking forward to running the Durga Mata II together. As this is for totally medicinal purposes, I will be running them organic.

Lyfespan--looking forward to running the Durga Mata II together. As this is for totally medicinal purposes, I will be running them organic.

Theses will mainly be fore RSOs but I think a few people will also enjoy a lil smoking too. I can't wait to start popping beans.

When do ya think you'll be popping?

I wont be dropping mine for another 2-3 months (after this Chucky's Bride bean I dropped yesterday turns to sweet sticky flowers)

Mine will be smoked for the most part. my wife is a novice smoker who has a hard time keeping up with me but still wants to partake.

Unless you all come up with a killer recipe using these Magic butter machines ;)

THG my buddy that spread the Harlequin cut has a Cannatonic cut that is around 18% CBD and 12% THC if I remember correct... the test results were online but are no longer there... I actually spoke with him today about his AC/DC beans he got at the cup last year and he said he ran them and when he put them into flower they never did anything and after 5 weeks tossed them.... he said he thinks they were hemp and is not very happy... he said he will be goin to the cup again and talking with the breeder to share his experience...

Lyfespan--I will probably pop the beans as soon as I get them. But since I just ordered them, I anticipate that it will take 2 weeks or so to get them. I will probably make some kind of tincture with some of it, but the majority will be smoked.

JAAM--thanks for the info! Nice to know.

Lyfespan--I will probably pop the beans as soon as I get them. But since I just ordered them, I anticipate that it will take 2 weeks or so to get them. I will probably make some kind of tincture with some of it, but the majority will be smoked.

JAAM--thanks for the info! Nice to know.

Well with my space moving right along, I might be popping with you, just gotta get my building permits handled. Btw I will be trying to run organically too, but time will tell, might have to go GH line up again, as I have a lot left.

Just wanted to point out once again the great work the people at Sohum seeds is doing.
View attachment image.jpg
Harley-tsu for second

Thanks again to Levi for all the help and time I think I'll be happy with the beans.

you got beans from them lyfe?
i didn't think you could get their wares outside of cali.

you got beans from them lyfe?
i didn't think you could get their wares outside of cali.

Yes I was able to get their entire CBD line up while I was at the emerald cup in Santa Rosa.
I have been reading about Sohum for quite awhile on here. They really put in the time and love, along with research to help provide the best possible end product. Testing and reworking, helped them come out with these crosses of Harley Jo, cannatonic, and tsunami.

I will be seeing them again hopefully at the high times cup as well in San Bernardino in February.

Regarding Harlequin, the cut in CO was tested and had equal THC and CBD. The guy who gave me a cutting was driving a white limo powered by hemp oil and explained that the plant has "the perfect ratio". He gave me the cut with the agreement that everyone who gets it needs to be willing to pass another along freely. Kind of a Karma thing.

I think the Harlequin numbers were around 8% THC and same CBD and I have found it to be a nice smoke, but sativa-leaning in effect. Now that I have an R-14er I am making CBD oil separate from the "regular" oil so it can be decarbed a little longer and at a higher temperature. I am taking 100-200mg of each oil per day currently, sometimes a lot more depending on what's happening around the house. I don't drive after taking the oil, at least not usually, but up to about 100mg it is possible, but I'd prefer not to.

View attachment 12-23-2013 Harlequin.jpg

Latest posts

Back