Help, new grow box testing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjf2612

Tree man
Reaction score
Testing new box which is 2 x 3.5 x 4.5.
I have :
400 hps light
80mm cfm air inlet down bottom.
80mm cfm air extraction at top.
Ossilating fan blowing centre of grow space.
Currently, im getting between 90 - 100 deg f
I new temps would be a problem.

Any suggestions

400 watt can be a little tricky in such a small area. I recommend an air cooled refelctor with a stronger exhaust fan. try to get the fresh air coming into the room a little cooler. sorry if this didnt help

Thanks tango

If I rebuilt the box 2 x 4 x 5.5 how much difference would that make with my current fans, or maybe I should use 2 cfm's for inlet and exhaust?

i had the same dillemma with my setup, first off, whats the temperature outside the box and where is located most of the time?

Second: that is a lot of heat from that lamp for that type of enclosure, i was getting those temps with CFL's,

FANS! FANS! FANS! the only way i got s my temp down was adding(2) 6" table fans iside the box but unfortunate for me that wasnt enuff.. i had to end up moving my box inside a bathroom in the house.

the outside box temp is about 65 ish give or take. Faced intake towards window and temp is now down to 90 - 92 deg but thats still too high. Gonna try fixing an air pipe from inlet to window to pull in outside air and also to fit another cfm ( doing that right now).

Ideas and suggestions always welcome.

Latest posts

Back