Hick..Goddess...Family! Gonna need your help on this one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the chef

A Bong Hog!
Reaction score
Well after almost 2 yrs of cfl growing i think i've proved my point...
it can be done with cfl's..and it can be well done!...The Chef finally made the switch! A guy i know pondered a question to me the other day...Seems he's getting out of the game and asked if i wanted to buy his hps growlight...said he wanted 5 bills for it.....i said.....ok! So got it! Now here the prob. Came with a 1000k bulb. Way too much for a closet grow in a apt. My q is what bulb can i possibly get away with without elictric co. calling? Also here the set up! Could use a few pointers on how to operate this damn thing! All help is appreciated!...The chef made the switch!

P.S. This outta make the goddess very happy!View attachment DSCI4401.JPG

View attachment DSCI4402.JPG

View attachment DSCI4403.JPG

View attachment DSCI4404.JPG

View attachment DSCI4405.JPG

no chef no, u were my person to look up to on cfl growing, lol no ive been thinkin bout gettin some different lights as well, congrats

Had to do it Chewy! Been thinkin on it fer awhile and this was too good to pass up.Sryy buddy!

lol, i bet ure gonna grow some amazzzzzzzing plants with the new light man, cant wait to see them, any plans for what ure gonna grow first with it?

Goona put the Kushes under em! Got 3 kandy kushes x skunk and three Bubba's veggin right now! Course as soon as i get a different bulb fer it it might catch what i got in flower right now!

Uuuuhhhhhhh

A 1000w ballast has to have a 1000w bulb and from your pics, a 1000w HPS bulb. That's what the ballast says.

You gonna need some heavy duty ventilation, but should grow heavy duty dank.

Wet

Not gonna use the 1000k bulb right now but could use advice on a smaller....400? This a closet in a apartment.

Same scenario as me Chef, my 400 runs warm in winter and is ott in summer. I vent into the bedroom with inline fan and ducting from the cooltube and temps are mid 80's, but winter I keep the windows wide open and have my regular fan blowing up to the cooltube that keeps the temps to mid 70's. So your new all singing dancing ballast is it adjustable ?

the chef said:
Not gonna use the 1000k bulb right now but could use advice on a smaller....400? This a closet in a apartment.

The bulb has to match the ballast, unless the ballast is adjustable and yours doesn't look like it is.

A 400w bulb in a 1000w ballast ain't gonna work. At the very least, it will over drive and blow the bulb. At the worst .........:holysheep:

Wet

Wetdog said:
The bulb has to match the ballast, unless the ballast is adjustable and yours doesn't look like it is.

A 400w bulb in a 1000w ballast ain't gonna work. At the very least, it will over drive and blow the bulb. At the worst .........:holysheep:

Wet[/quote

Oh ****! it's got a choice to use 240v or 120v. Whats that about?

Man down!! CFL crowd has a man down!!

110/120 is your normal household voltage, 220/240 is usually heavier stuff like your oven/dryer/water heater.

LOL, we need Tater or someone to really splain it, but you will probably use the 120 setting.

Wet

the chef said:
Oh ****! it's got a choice to use 240v or 120v. Whats that about?

thats called a multi tap. it can be wired to run on either of those voltages. you should be using the 120v hope that helps

lmao
Chef has gone over to the dark side...
Don't toss those CFLs yet Chef. You can use them for veg and use this bad boy to flower.
I got a 1000K MH on craigs list for a good price when I didn't know what I was doing. Worse comes to worse and you decide it's to much or would like to get something different, list it and put the cash toward a 600W switchable ballast... it's gona be ok Chef :).

...looks like there's only 1 option left than chef.. you're movin into the closet and the ladies are gonna have to take over the bedroom ;)

seriously though, i hope you can figure something out or flip it for a smaller wattage setup.

Chef it will be overkill but at least that hood is vented....you cld get away with it if you have a good inline fan....

Or you cld look to trade it..but you can't put a smaller watt bulb in there...at least it don't look like that one can.

Latest posts

Back