High off male flowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's not reinvent the wheel here.

Males DO contain THC. That's a fact, but in miniscule amounts.

It would be like buyin a packet of wine gums and hopin to get drunk.

There is a little thc in the male flowers and if you dont smoke a lot you can get a little buz from it. Its easy to talk when you have a big bag of bud to smoke but what if male leaves is all you had would you just toss them or what, so don`t judge him so fast. Slim

sooo, the moral of the thread, male plants have trichs too. TY Wise Man!!! I've never smoked the male trichs, but they must be similar to the female counterparts.

A part from the 'male pollen' posts against me,i gota say some of you guys have put out great info on males,and some of you dont have a clue about what your saying.

Of course Males have THC,the WHOLE plant,even the roots contain THC.

And yes males have a very LOW %,but i dont smoke to often,leaving my tolerance VERY low.You could say ive always been a '2 bowl/cone' kinda guy,so it's not hard to start feelin it after 4-5 hits.I can understand why all the heavy smokers wouldnt get this feeling,due to Tolerence.

Ekoostik:I think you might need to do a bit of reading on males,and hashing making that people do use male,although it has to be an extremely high ammount of it to get anything worth smoking.

Longtimegrower:Your right,it's very hard to find weed around here.And living in a druggy city dosent help,with the slicing that goes around.

0201080026.jpg

Ok, wanted to show the graph that I was talkin about. I have not looked at the pic yet :spit: . Hope you guys/gals can finger it out.

Sorry for being too lazy to use a better camera... or maybe even my scanner...:cry: know what I'm sayin?

Excuse:
Skunk#1 X Someindicaigrewawhileago

I'm :stoned:

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
well show me some facts and i will believe you.....im just saying......i have never learned that males have thc.....and if they do....why doesnt anyone extract THC from males??? noones makes butter with males or anything......

People do extract THC from males. Its called hash oil. Males contain low traces of THC. You can extract the THC from the plant using various hash or hash oil methods. However I BELIEVE that since you only extract a small quantity for a whole male plant there is no way you could just smoke leaves or flowers from a male plant and get a buzz. You would have to smoke so many leaves or flowers that you would be sick before you caught a buzz.

TheStickyIcky said:
People do extract THC from males. Its called hash oil. Males contain low traces of THC. You can extract the THC from the plant using various hash or hash oil methods. However I BELIEVE that since you only extract a small quantity for a whole male plant there is no way you could just smoke leaves or flowers from a male plant and get a buzz. You would have to smoke so many leaves or flowers that you would be sick before you caught a buzz.

right on,
Ya that makes sense......
However, i would just use females for hash oil....would be dang good.

Wise Man said:
To right AK.

I aint no KID..

Not the actuall pollen..The pollen sacks.

If you havnt tryed it dont speak i guess:rolleyes:

:holysheep: I smoked the pollen sacs once and then found myself watching "Brokeback Mountain" so I had to stop... :rofl:

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
right on,
Ya that makes sense......
However, i would just use females for hash oil....would be dang good.

The point of using males is getting a product out of an otherwise useless source.

Yo Ho Mutt,
When the plant has two X-chromosomes it will be a female and if it has an X and Y-chromosome then it will be a male. The sex of the plant will be determined at the moment of fertilization. On this moment the female chromosomes will link with the chromosomes of the male. If the male chromosome that determines the sex of the plant is an X-chromosome then the plant will be a female and otherwise it will be a male. The super male that you are referring to is a male that has an extra male chromasome.
XY = Normal Male, XYY = Chromasomally altered male
With this you run the higher risk of a male going hermie, and it can obviously be inherited. Sativas are a little more prone to this since they are more likely to develope a hermie than an Indica would.
Hope this helps ya bro
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

So KK when selectively breeding you want to achieve a closer to "super" male as possible to avoid hermie recessive triats? So the X Chromosome will be a possible hidden hermie...if I'm understanding this right?
Thanks dude...this is very useful info. :)

Thanks KK...yep got a copy in my records... time for me to refresh again. Thanks again dude. I like the copy you have better. I have the one from mellowgold

Mutt said:
Ya know that brings up a question I've had for a while.
In one of my charts it labels cannabis genotypes.
1. Female
2. hermie with female dom.
3. Hermie with Male Dom.
4. Male
then there is 5. The super Male
Keep in mind it was an old chart. But I have googled what exactly is a Super Male. I can't seem to find info on it.
Chart attached. I understand the chormosome order...just wondering the traits that constitute a super male without getting into the genetics of it.
I wonder if a male that exhibits it could posses more THC levels than average males.
Makes one wonder. Any input on a "super male"? I have tried googling it and can't find what a super male is.

Hey Mutt,
Maybe I can shed some light on this since my Bio days and studying Mendel. In Humans a male is XY and female is XX. But once in a while a male can also care an extra X =XXY and it's called Klinefelter syndrome. It happens in about every 2000 births. He will have smaller testes and be sterile. If he has the extra Y=XYY they are normal yet tend to be taller (Supermale?) So I guess with cannabis having that extra Y may make him a supermale and if it's characteristics are the same as in humans it would make it a taller male, could be a stretch here but I don't think it's going to help the THC thing, at least I'm still not smoking it!
(I think it's just the Brits that smoke males.) :D

Smoke weed everyday. Actually several times a day if you ask me. The whole male thing scares me because I am scared that the sacks may open up to soon and screw up my ladies. :48:

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
could be a stretch here but I don't think it's going to help the THC thing
Just trying to learn more about male selection is all. Thanks for the post :D

Latest posts

Back