Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where one is that's a lot like that !-- I like the worm !-- No thump keg-- doubler or whatever U call it ?
When U start a run what is your method of knowing when the head is cooked off( the bad stuff ) and U at the heart ?--Taste ? -- Or just did it enough to know ? --

Sugar liquor ?---- I tell U straight up --I don't know what a submarine still is and if I did --I'd lie !--

The steel pot by the worm is actually the thumper. I just need one more fitting. I throw out the first 50 mil, then taste. Since I don't have a thumper this time, I am running it twice. It's rye.

Seems to me a fellow could drop a few pieces of charred oak in a jar and by moving it from a cold place to a hot place every other day -- He might be able to "age" it about 3 years in about every 3 weeks !-- Don't see why it wouldn't work !-- cold draws alcohol into the wood the heat pulls it back out !-- Just a thought !

Yep !---one in one out ! -- Just be safe Nick one leak and it finds flame it's all over !-- Would that be oatmeal paste sealing the still ?

JAck Daniel's smoking chips. Grind em up in the coffee grinder, throw em in the jar for a day and add a tablespoon of honey. You would be surprised. Course you have to filter the wood chips back out.

That'll work !-- Couple weeks would smooth it right out !-- U cut it down to about 100 proof ? -- Some people don't understand the southern connection between 'shine and weed !-- U got any question just listen to Copperhead Road by Steve Earle !-- Pretty much lays it out how it happened !--

Too cool Nick. Told Keef I just didn't understand playing with wine when you could do that!

Why is it that whenever we have a problem I can't seem to find anything remotely like it anywhere! I have searched all year for a pic of this bug (spit, spit) that continues to plague me & cannot find one! Wish I could take a pic for you guys. They live on & in the stem where the roots begin, but not in the roots. On young & weak plants they eventually lead to the stem rotting there & even if they have good roots they can no longer feed the plant! Insert scream here! ANY input would be much appreciated!

Not for D.D. to drink !-- That would make her crazy !-- She don't need strong drink ! -- I can freeze off a gallon of wine and turn it into one 750 mil bottle ! --That's strong enough for her !-- pour a gallon of wine in an empty milk jug and freeze it overnight !-- Next day filter the ice out with a wire basket of something !-- Get rid of all that water an U left with an intense fruit brandy maybe 80 proof ? --I got a gallon of Wine I made with fermented apple pie filling !-- Ya'll would like my Apple Jack !--I did this before !
Yo Nick --U said U was smoking some "Homegrown" -- That might a been a derogatory term in the old days but -- Now a I'm proud to smoke some fine Homegrown!

Good Eve OFC
Have a few little one's. Hoping for a few more to pop.
DD For me I would almost have to see what your bug looks like.
And All this freezing of wine and Running of Rye. Has my mind running.
Off to make some dinner.

View attachment untitled11 (Medium).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back