Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally bummed...my car is still not fixed. After the radiator, condenser, the head gasket, and the head milled, the car is still not right. It's fine at idle, but under load it shows a misfire on one of the cylinders. After it is cleared, it will misfire again but the reader will show a different cylinder each time. So now it looks like the computer is bad. Very unhappy :(

Umbra, is this a good shop? Computers just don't go bad. Almost always, something causes the computer to go out. Have they done a compression test to see if the rings or valves got damaged from heat?

Morning O.F.C.! Saw on the news that a court decision in Mexico means weed could become legal there soon! Wouldn't that be a hoot!

That would be funny as hell. Another middle finger in our face. Lol
Whats the political name gonna say bout that. :rofl:

Morning Hopper ! Be funny watching border patrol trying to stop that! Who cares what political name has to say?

I know right. Hell I think it would be funny to see political name in the White House,,he cant screw **** up anymore then it already is. China might not be to happy. Lol

morning everybody, my as is dragging this morning. must have gotten to high last night. or was that this morning? anyway let's keep wake and bake going, oh and coffee too.

That would be funny! Hey Umbra. If U drove your car out to a boat launch and it went for a swim -- would the insurance company cover it? Sometimes U just got to move on !

Morning all, debating on whether to head out and see the old hippy this am or just wait till sat morning. Got all kind of goodies for him, some of my brownies, some gear sent to me by another great breeder for us to share, and a few sample buds of the ChemD x Cherry Fuel that I pulled last week. Wife fussed at me this am so sorta between mad and hurt....

Morning O,F.C. Wake & Bake Kraven go ahead visit the ol Hippy,sounds like you need it!!
Go Mexico.....:48:

Umbra, is this a good shop? Computers just don't go bad. Almost always, something causes the computer to go out. Have they done a compression test to see if the rings or valves got damaged from heat?

Honestly, I do not know if they are a good shop or not. I have never had a problem with the car before. The car is 6 years old with 27,000 miles. It might as well as been brand new, because that is how well it ran. It even still smelled like a new car. It is hard to know for sure about the computer. I have no idea what my son hit, but there was no body damage at all other than the radiator support that runs across the frame rails. Of course what ever he hit, he hit it hard. And when it over heated, it simply stalled at a red light and every engine light came on. Of the repairs, it was clear the radiator and other components were damaged, and the same with the head gasket. I just want my car back the way it was. This is hard to take with my looking for a job, as I'm living off my savings.

That would be funny! Hey Umbra. If U drove your car out to a boat launch and it went for a swim -- would the insurance company cover it? Sometimes U just got to move on !
Yes the insurance will give me less that 1/2 of what it would take to replace it. Not my idea of a good deal. And since I don't have a job, I can't go buy a new car, or I would.

Good morning ofc!

That is a new car Umbra, no wonder you are so upset. sheesh. Does you insurance help? I know you will have a job soon, you are umbra. It definitely is sucking right now for you. I am sorry.

So glad you asked about the hash! So we did the dry ice and the 160 bag, we did the first "blond" run then it got darker so we did like 4 different piles. I only tried the #4 pile that was most green and thought it wasn't as good. WRONG. I am afraid to try the blond first shake. HOLY COW... I have had some stress going on for a week or so and couldn't sleep well. The green, supposed to be not good hash put me out. First i stared at things.. lol then i slept like a baby. A stoned baby.
Umbra, that is the best pot i have ever smoked. I have never grown a straight up indica before.. I put a bowl of the #1 in the bedroom for when i woke up. I never woke up. I am afraid to try the "good stuff". WOW. What a nice thing to sleep without worrying. My whole body feels different this morning. I think it is called relaxed. THANK YOU.

Kraven go see the hippie and give him my love. Get away from the wife for a while..you both need it. You guys are going thru a lot of stress too.

I am almost ready to try the "morning hash".

Umbra Sorry to hear Bro , Miss firing on different cyl.?? after all that you have done, must be electronic

Hopefully your cars computer system shut its self down at the red light. If it got hot enough to shut down on its own, it likely has done some serious damage to the piston rings and or other things. Get that engine oil replaced asap. Along with any other oil that is cooled with the radiator system. Overheating will cook oil, I've seen failures of transmissions and engine from cooked oil after an overheating episode.

You think that they would have done a compression test, before & After the head job. did you do both heads?? the thing did run till it died..

Your on It Y.D. Like a hound on the sent....LOL

Your computer "see's" a misfire when it sees the crankshaft speed fluctuate. Then it correlates the position of crankshaft when the shaft slows down. Throws the fault code for that cylinder. This engine needs to have the basics verified first and for most. Correct fuel, air, and compression.
I'd be verifying the mechanical basics of this engine. Too bad we are across the coast, I'd be more than happy to fix it. Would be a win for us both. After working in this field, I have a huge mistrust for shops and mechanics. A fancy tool cannot replace common sense.

I'm skeptical, because shops will condemn a module faster than you can blink.

YD I totally agree. I am relying on the shop to do what it needs. The oil issue was something I brought up and when they did the head, the oil as well as the coolant and gas for the a/c were replaced. But I do think that the description is an electronic problem and the computer is the most likely cause for the misfire changing cylinders. I have a manual for the car and have been reading up on the repairs before I have approved the shop to do the repairs. I have also checked local area rates for labor and the types of jobs they have done and I would say that they are in the ball park for each of the repairs. It just sux and I am venting.
Mr Cane it is a 4 cylinder and only has one head. Of course it is a DOHC engine and pulling the head is a pain.
I am days away from harvesting and it will be more than enough to pay for everything. Our goal is to get my son is own car, and then he won't need to drive mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back