Homemade co2???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
Items Required:
* 10lb. white sugar
* 5 gallon clean bucket W/lid
* 4 1/2 gallons of water
* A piece of toast browned and hard
* A table spoon of dry active yeast (for baking bread)
First boil the water, (this will ensure clean water) remove from the heat and add the sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Let cool until water is room temperature (if you don't let it cool down it won't work).
After the sugar water has cooled, float the piece of toast on top of the water. Now, empty the tablespoon of yeast over the toast. After a few days, the yeast will take over the toast and start making bubbles (CO2) in the bucket. After a week, the amount of bubbling (CO2) will increase.
Keep the lid airtight on the bucket. CO2 travels up the dispersion tubing, and due to it being heavier than air, falls directly onto your plants. Timing your exhaust, is essential in maintaining an effective level of CO2.

I found this on another forum. I was wondering if anybody here has tried this, or something simalar?

I did some extensive reading/research on C02.

IMO.. its a waste of time.

Only way to make C02 viable and reliable and work.. is
though expensive enviornmental setups with expensive CO2 meters
and yada yaada yada.

Best thing is to just Vent fresh air, and let nature do it all for free.

Goodluck if you do, and let us know if you notice any differnce.

Well I use co2 boost or I mean I will be using co2 boost for this grow. I was just curious if that way really does create co2 or not. Logically it would seem to work but really how much co2 can a homemade container produce. Im guessing it wouldnt put out enough for a small closet grow such as mine. Now all the expensive equipment and such thats to much money for me. I have seen the co2 bucket in action before and it doesnt cost a pretty penny. My buddy that grows uses it and he was almost producing a gram per watt. So there are cheap alternatives out there. But thank you for your response. My curiousity is satisfied now.

I'm still planning my first grow but I read in the "Medical Grower's Bible" by Jorge Cervantes that you can drip vinegar into baking soda to produce Co2. There are also Co2 pucks that you can buy called Excellofizz Co2 pucks that are supposed to emit Co2 by just adding water.

Like I said, I'm still planning out my first grow so I don't know from experience if either of these work but if I can get the vinegar to baking soda drip to work I might give it a go.

yea i think i am definately going to get this product and ill test it for yall. i like the price and i think it will work nicely so we will see :eek:. I even found a place that sells the bucket and system for like 99 bucks if yall need it :eek:

lowrydergrower775 said:
yea i think i am definately going to get this product and ill test it for yall. i like the price and i think it will work nicely so we will see :eek:. I even found a place that sells the bucket and system for like 99 bucks if yall need it :eek:

If you do this please use the CO2 test tubes and let us know what kind of PPM levels you can maintain.
I really want to see how much Co2 they can produce.

CO2 test tubes? i will google them if i can find them i will use them. maybe you could give me a link

i couldnt see the link cuz you have to join and yea but does it look like this i found these CO2 test kits

00506.jpg

lowrydergrower775 said:
i couldnt see the link cuz you have to join and yea but does it look like this i found these CO2 test kits

That is the very same one I use.

thank you grow dude i will definately test it our for yall;)...........if you dont see the results here go to my grow diary im sure you know which one and it will be in there :bong:

cheap and easy way to get co2 to your flowering babes is carbanaited water as a folair spray

or you could just exhale on your plant 500 times a day on each plant....:D

A terrible darkness has fallen upon us, but we must not surrender to it. We shall lift lamps of courage and find our way through to the morning.
- Anonymous member of the French Resistance, 1943

ive made the home made and its ok they do good each way and there are many dif ways really it not worth the effort

Vinegar on a slow drip into baking soda?
Dry Ice?

Here is a pic of the CO2 test tubes at work, Exp. in my current grow.

Here you can see my PPM's are at ~ 2000 thats plenty.

10_16_07 005sml.jpg

I used beer buckets, the co2 vented into grow...then I get to drink the beer...it was a win-win for me and the ladies I figgered...

Latest posts

Back