How deep for bubbler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.W.FAAMER

PARANOID GARDENER
Reaction score
How deep does a bubbler unit have to be? could one use a rubbermade container that's only 6 inches deep?height matter.or do they have to be deeper? my idea is that as long as the simple rules are followed any depth could work.input will surely help.:confused:

Hi D.W. , over the life of the plant the root system is going to get very big and imo the container you had mentioned would be to small. I use 5 gallon buckets, and even they get filled with roots. Good luck

I agree
what turned me onto DWC was a article i saw in high times
the person "testing" dwc used different stage plants and different resivours
he had a clone vegged for 5 weeks in its own 40 gal tub and produce 9 oz
where as a clone @ 4 weeks in a 5 gal pail and only got around 3 oz
and 3 clones @ 2 weeks in a 40 gal tub getting around 9 oz
he decided that 3 clones in one tub was best for him to have a perpetual harvest so IMO res size matters but it to your own descresion i belive the res you wanna use will work but yor baby wont get that big

I personally would use a different container for each plant you grow. Dont put mutiple plants in one big container, if one plant gets sick or has a prob they all do. This is my experience. Been there, done that. Keep us updated and Good Luck.

smoky anda bandit said:
I personally would use a different container for each plant you grow. Dont put mutiple plants in one big container, if one plant gets sick or has a prob they all do. This is my experience. Been there, done that. Keep us updated and Good Luck.

its not so much that the other plant will have the sickness the other does..IMO..you cant treat the sick plant without affecting the Healthy one..trying to fix one hurts the other..1 plant 1 container..and the size..IMO..depends on your space and How long you plan to Veg it b4 flower..Hope this helps..:bolt::bong:

D.W.FAAMER said:
How deep does a bubbler unit have to be? could one use a rubbermade container that's only 6 inches deep?height matter.or do they have to be deeper? my idea is that as long as the simple rules are followed any depth could work.input will surely help.:confused:

This would work for a cloning bubbler (not sure if this was your original intent); but like the others said, you won't see good results going a full grow in a container like this.

ShecallshimThor said:
I agree
what turned me onto DWC was a article i saw in high times
the person "testing" dwc used different stage plants and different resivours
he had a clone vegged for 5 weeks in its own 40 gal tub and produce 9 oz
where as a clone @ 4 weeks in a 5 gal pail and only got around 3 oz
and 3 clones @ 2 weeks in a 40 gal tub getting around 9 oz
he decided that 3 clones in one tub was best for him to have a perpetual harvest so IMO res size matters but it to your own descresion i belive the res you wanna use will work but yor baby wont get that big

thats the article that got my started on dwc. check out my journals if yall want to see my experience with dwc (its was GOOD!)

wow. nice to see how enthusiastic about dwc and the bubbler. as for a cloner i considered another bubbler,had one before.but could i veg for 2 or 3 weeks in a shallower container,that yes i'll bubble clone in also.then change lids add net pots into other lid.add nutrient 1/4 strength and veg til they go to flower in my flood and drain table?
i can clone any way you want.i used honey in a peat pellet one time.i get 100% almost every time.except when using root stimulator,then they get burned up.lol.i think when i dripped into perlite with cuttings in the container.that was the fastest i've seen.nice tap root in 4 days,yeah.i'll try anything,without sacrificing too many cuttings. but my ideas usually work. THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT PEOPLE !

Latest posts

Back