How do I go about selecting lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dytnasty

Reaction score
I'm growing in a couple different rooms at said site. One for veg/cloning and one for flowering, eventually two for flowering.

I intend to use fluorescent lighting for cloning and vegetative stages. Is it vital that I have an enclosed area for the ultimate lighting to assist clones in throwing roots? Or can I use a fluorescent light over them 24/7 open air in the vegging room?H

How much fluorescent light do you recommend for a cloning station? How much fluorescent lighting for a vegging stage? I grew once several years ago but I've sadly forgotten a lot of the information I read here at MP in regards to lighting.

My flowering rooms are going to be approximately 10' x 10'. The vegging/cloning room slightly smaller.

I was looking at 3x 4ft 8 bulb fluorescents. 1 to clone with and two to veg 12-20 plants with starting off.

Any resources you can provide to assist with setting up my grow space would be appreciated.

~Nighthawk

I read your other thread before this one, so some of my responses may use information from your other thread. Clones actually don't need (or want) a lot of light. And there are some that believe that clones root better with 18 or less hours of light a day. You would be better off using the 4' 8 bulb light on the vegging plants, as I don't believe that 2 of them are enough to veg 20 plants for 6-8 weeks. You will may even need 4 of them. A 2' 4 or 6 bulb T5 should be adequate for 20 clones.

I saw in your other thread you are thinking of venting into the attic. This is not a good idea unless the attic is equipped with a large whole house exhaust fan. The heat and moisture from a grow space is a recipe for mold and mildew.

I would like to suggest you to check this light, which is newewst quantum board design and white color.
I has used their small SP150 for a grow. it is better than blurple light. I think quantum board light is the first option.

Sunlike spectrum led is 30% more efficient than fluorescent lighting

Latest posts

Back