MARS HYDRO UR45 LED GROW LIGHT FOR UV & IR SUPPLEMENT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Dub

Reaction score
I recently purchased this light, and I must state that it had a tremendous impact on my grow.

IMG_0833.png
IMG_0829.png

I normally grow very short plants under intense COB LED lighting. I thought there might be a benefit to more red. Note that I’m only using it in a 2x4 tent and the recommended tent size was 4x4. Reading about Infrared on the Mars Hydro site, it clearly states that it induces stretch……see below

“IR lights utilize far-red wavelengths to elicit a shade avoidance response in plants, leading to accelerated stem growth. There are two procedures known as PS1 and PS2 which contribute to plant growth. Plants exposed to supplemental IR light alongside both blue and red light showed an increase in photosynthesis, the promotion of robust stem growth, proper node spacing along with more flower buds. IR light also appears to help plants transition between different stages of growth, sleep and wake cycles, during the later stages of development. In addition to this, flowers will not bloom until adequate levels of IR radiation have been introduced.”

I saw huge stem growth as my tallest plant is now 57 inches tall. Under IR, she was growing 1” per day for several weeks. Node spacing was more than I would have liked to see. I will not be using the InfraRed function again as I prefer shorter plants.

IMG_0830.png

IMG_0820.jpeg
IMG_0819.jpeg

The UV and IR can’t be run separately as they are manually turned on/off at the switch. I will test the UV now in late flower, but no early opinions on that yet.
IMG_0832.png

Overall, it’s an effective light if you want tall plants with larger distances between nodes. I’m amazed by how much influence it had on the final growth.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.png
    IMG_0831.png
    826.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back