how do they look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
Hello all! Im almost into a month of flowering Big bud in a Flood and drain hydro system, Im using general hydroponics nutrients and they're currently under a 400w hps and a 125w Envirolight. Basically i just want to know what people think of them? they seem to be very weak looking buds for a month?? I had a bit of light trouble and only managed to get the 400w on them 2weeks ago, up until then it was 2x 150w hps. Im not sure wether 400w is enough either. any advice is welcomed! sorry about poor picture quality, i have a very primative camera.

stuff 047_edited.jpg

stuff 049.jpg

stuff 050.jpg

stuff 051.jpg

stuff 052_edited.jpg

Looking good to me Offspring. They look about right for their age. ;)

Like the Bros say Offspring 36 nice looking budsa for thier age......
You can look forward to another month of 'FATTENING - UP'........
:ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc::ccc:................
Keep your green side up.....laters........

THanks, thats good to hear. was just getting worried that i was gona end up with really skinny, light buds. Im going to try and get hold of another 400w, which i hope will help improve the yeild. Does anyone have any experience of Big bud?? wat the smoke is like etc?? Thanks for the help so far :D

Yup Stoney Bud has grown it before. Might wanna send him a PM or something. ;)

With only 2 weeks of HID lighting, your plants are right on schedule. Mine were ready for harvest at 6 weeks. I had a little over 5,000 lumens per/sq ft of light on them the entire 6 weeks of flowering so yours may take the full 8 weeks if you have that much light now.

Calculate you lumens per/sq ft.

You need 5,000 for optimum growth.

The smoke was a little harsh even after a long cure. The buzz was a good solid high, but nothing compared to Aurora Indica. If WW is a 10 on a 1-10 scale, Big Bud was at about a 6.

Very good moving high tho'. Just stay clear of the grocery store while your high....hehe.

ya they do look great bro good luck with those ladies and like laserkitten said would hurt to throw those two 150watt lights in there too if u can peace

Yea i would put the 150w's on them but im using the capacitor/ignitor to run the the 400w and i blew my other ones :(. Ive been trying to bodge things togther and its not good. This is probably the main thing ive learnt on this first proper grow, that you can't expect to get a really good result if you don't put in the money and preperation in the first place. Im not saying its not possible to achieve good results on a low budget, but it helps dramatically if you buy the right equipment etc..

thanks for the comments :) i cant be doing too much wrong then. The reason i went for Big bud was hoping for a good heavy yeild, but i think for my next grow id like to go for quality rather than quantity. Is there anything you can reccomend? Id like to try WW, will i be able to get good result as a bigginer in hydro?? thanks for all the help:D

Offspring_36 said:
you can't expect to get a really good result if you don't put in the money and preperation in the first place. Im not saying its not possible to achieve good results on a low budget, but it helps dramatically if you buy the right equipment etc..

Wiser words have never been spoken.

looking good.Keep us posted on the next couple weeks.Keep it GREEN:D

big bud is nice to smoke although thats not homegrown when i tryed it , you say its a month? thats good to hear i was wondering how long it takes to bud

well done!!!! i looks like we are all realy proud of you... i just haope i do as well as you!!!!

EVERYDAY'S A HOLIDAY!

Add the other lights if you can! Great Grow!!!

Latest posts

Back