How high is too high to drive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been smoking/driving for quite a number of years. In 2010 a friend from Cali visited me and brought some homegrown. We toked at a drive in movie for a few hours and then it was time to drive home. I kid you not, I had a hard time driving. I did indeed feel like I was drunk. Wayyy drunk, even though I'd been drinking water all night.. I didn't enjoy maneuvering along that highway one little bit, and was quite glad and even more greatful, to get home.

I think its a judgement call. But I do believe you can be too high to drive. It happened to me, and I never thought I'd see the day. But guess what- I did.

Be careful.

I honestly enjoy a nice scenic bone ride once in awhile. I can do lots of things better or just as well while stoned IMO. As far as drinking and driving, a buzz without a doubt impairs ones ability to drive.I would feel safer to take the stoned ride home over the booze buzzed ride any day.

StoneyBud said:
If Nana has 10 grams and she gives you 5, she has 5 Nanagrams left for her to fire up! :D :smoke1:

LMAO StoneyBud..!! so it just 5 grams of weed a day.? That be hard to limit myself to 5 Nanograms a day when I roll Blunts..
new law means jail will be fill with Driving under the influnce of Marijuana amount 5 Nanograms or more over..!!! LOL:D

I am more of a threat to the road if I drive not high.

I know there are probably a lot of people out there (especially those who don't smoke) that would look down upon me for saying this (not that I care, it's my abilities that I'm confident in, not yours) but driving is probably one of my favorite things to do when I'm high. I drive a 5-spd too, and naturally I'm all about my ride, that's another one of my hobbies.

I feel like the buzz of a bowl or a rip off a pipe will give me a solid buzz for at least 15-30 min. A blunt, just give me a few minutes to allow me to bask in the high, and then I'm straight. If I get in the car and drive after I smoke, I at least remember how to check my mirrors for other cars coming around, how to stay between the lines, and I also know how to obey stop signs and the colors of street lights. Anybody should know how to do this.

I do find myself going a tad bit slow, or just cruising, as opposed to when I'm sober. The best thing is some people would say "you're endangering other people while driving high" but when I go out and drive, it's usually between the hours of 12-4 am, and where I live, the roads are open and sometimes I go without seeing anybody else out on the road. I usually have the streets to myself! =)

its not a question as to whether you can drive high or not, its just that MJ is being considered a medication more and more, driving while high will come with penalties just like alcohol and prescription drugs.

very true dman, I got away with the actual topic. Just how it goes for me.

My very own #1 rule, do your business and leave it at the crib/property your at. I never carry anything just to have it in my car and I'm sure a lot of you are the same.

You can be too high to drive, too tired to drive, too stressed to drive, too distracted to drive. But mostly I find that people are basically too stupid too drive.

Flyinghigh said:
What is 5 Nanograms anyway as how many joints.?? **** I a Chronic Smoker all day and I drive just fine.. never had a problem.. knock on wood

5 billionth of a gram, If you've even seen weed your over the limit.

Is there even an accurate test for how high you are? THC stays in your bloodstream so how can they tell when or how much you've smoked? I watched a guy get arrested after a roadside test that he passed easily, but they saw him take a (1) hit of crappy brown ditch-weed and assumed he was high.

Thanks Ozzy: Passive Inhalation
Urine levels of 5 ng/ml have been reported from passive inhalation. One recent survey indicated that one subject in a passive inhalation experiment achieved a level of 23 ng/ml. This is unusual, but points out the usefulness of higher cutoff levels such as 50 ng/ml. The higher 50 ng/ml level eliminates the possibility of passive inhalation, is a level of very high reliability, and indicates more recent use

I will just carry Doughnuts around just in case I get pulled over,,that way I have something to bargain with.:D

I cant speak for everybody but you can be to high to drive. It has happened to me only once but it happened. I was driving along after smoking some really really great tasting smooth grass. All of a sudden I felt like everything was rushing up on me and I got tunnel vision for a few seconds. I was wigged out all the way home to. To make it worse I was pulling a trailer with a tractor and brush hog on it. I know for a fact you can be to high to drive. Having said all that, I routinely drive after smoking. I only had that one episode.

WeedHopper said:
I will just carry Doughnuts around just in case I get pulled over,,that way I have something to bargain with.:D
As long as you don't drive far enough to get the munchines and polish them off that sounds like a good plan.

frankcos said:
As long as you don't drive far enough to get the munchines and polish them off that sounds like a good plan.

Right,,have doughnut all in my beard.:D

"How high is too high to drive"?

If you can't find your car in the parking lot, you are too high to drive....especially if the parking lot is your driveway.

Growdude said:
5 billionth of a gram, If you've even seen weed your over the limit.

I look out my window and I see weeds all the time and I Don't any satisfaction knowing I got mow it down.. :D
I would be Way over the limit if I had to be giving a 5 billionth THC test :hubba:..

Latest posts

Back