How long do roots have to be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot Jansen

Reaction score
I have the lone survivor of a strain Ive been working with. She is fighting but she is yellowing and producing white nodes instead of full out roots. It's like they grow then stop.. Too much light getting through my homemade bubble cloner? Can she still be transplanted even if the roots aren't long and developed. I usually wait until the roots are developed but, I don't want to lose this strain, by waiting too long.

Are you using full nutes to clone? If so than thats your problem. NO nutes till they are about 2 to 3 weeks old. I like to use GH cloning solution if anything. You need a good root system before you transplant. What is the temp of the water in your cloner?

I would wait until there is roots, then you can transplant.

If you can see light when you hold you bubble cloner lid up to the light, there is to much light

The temp of the water should be 55 degrees or lower.. I use straight water for cloning, no nutes at all. I already transplanted the clone. We will see what happens.. I have been checking on it, it seems a little stressed out, but not wilting. I took another clone just in case. It was in flower, so it'll probably be awhile on that one.

55 degrees? Way too low. You need 75 to 85 degrees & alot of humidity for good root production.

Last time I had my temps up that high, the clones rotted. With that bacterium that accumulates with high temp and humidity. The name of the bacterium escapes me.. I'll see if I can find it

Pythium Rot is what its called I believe.... I think that the only difference between warmer water and cooler water is the amount of time it will take the plant to root.. Warmer = Quicker
Cooler = Slower..

It Worked !!! Thank god.. I didn't want to lose that strain. Buds are ready 6 weeks or less. The resilience of plants is amazing. I had the most ridiculous set up to save that clone..

Check it. I split two mini rockwool cubes in half. Put one around the rooting end and held it together with a rubber band. I put the 2nd one on top of the first around the stem so it wouldn't dry out. Secured that cube together with a rubberband as well. Then I put the clone in a shot glass and tied a cutting from a black garbage bag around the entire bottom so no light would get in. I then top fed weak nute solution and straight water. To my amazement it worked..

P.S.I ph'd the rockwool 1st.

Latest posts

Back