how much cal & mag when using reverse osm. water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manyBudZ4$

Reaction score
Im using filtered water and wasnt adding cal mag in the beginning and now have a deficency that i am trying to correct. water tests at 0ppm. ive been adding cal mag first bringing it to 300ppm before any other nutes are added. is this sufficient? I also have dolimatic lime i can also add. I just put them in my flowering room 12/12. trying to correct the problem asap. Using advanced nutes and general organics CaMg+. 1gal pots pro mix 1000w hps ph 6.3 to 6.5. co2 at 1300ppm.

hey manybudz.
what kinda water were you using in veg??
that dolimatic lime would be more for ph..
i would run the calmag as directed on the bottle..
whats yer ladies doing that makes you think you have a cal or mag problem??
LH

pale spots on leaves.changing to rust spots and progressing to narcotic dead leaves. new growth stunted and pale. I was using reverse osmosis water in veg without any cal mg additive! only what was availible in advanced nutes grow micro bloom.

Ive only been using the calmg+ for about a week so it might not be correcting the problem yet because doesnt cal move very slow through the plant??

you could try this.. mix up a water/epsom salt mixture..
ph it and toss it in a spritz bottle.. give one plant a spritz. once or twice a day.. and in a couple days you should see some results..
this will allow you to see if you have a cal/mag problem.. since foliar will up take it much faster...

or you could adjust yer ph some to bring it in the range to allow the plants to uptakemore cal/mag......

LH

ya i was thinking of bringing the ph up to 6.8 but i will try the foliar feed. thanks

i will blast them tonight before lights out. Im pretty desperate to cure this im in week one of flowering. I had the same issue last round and never resolved the problem.

not a problem man.. glad i could help and hope it helps lol....
mix er 1 tablespoon per gal...
LH

manyBudZ4$ said:
i will blast them tonight before lights out. Im pretty desperate to cure this im in week one of flowering. I had the same issue last round and never resolved the problem.

i can relate to that ive had one heck of a run this go around....
but i pulled through er... not the best yeild but it will keep me smoking till the new bactch is done...

gotta love moving and new systems to dial in....:eek: ..
LH

Use the Cal-Mag, too. The foliar feeding with the epsom salts is a quick way to get some magnesium to the plant, but I would still go with the Cal-Mag for the long haul. I always start Cal-Mag as soon as I go into 12/12.

ok I plan on continuing with the calmg right threw. do the plants need more at any specific time?? i should probably use the chelated calmg though. I would probably get better faster results

and this is the second round with the filtered water im trying to get it dialed in. i

I am not certain on this but I am thinking that the dolomite lime will be of little to no use for you as it isn't chelated and you arn't running any microbes. I would definitely get the cal/mag that is chelated.

I run in coco/hydro and I add 5-10ml of Technaflora's Magical per 15liters of water throughout the grow. I start out with 10 for the first 3wks then drop back to 5 until the 2nd week of flower then bump back up to 10 until the last 2 weeks of flower. I cut back to 5 for 1wk then none for the last week as that is "flush" week. :)

Im using VooDoo isnt that loaded with microbial life? But im using general organics CalMg+ which is not chelated. The lime i just mixed with the soil for my next batch. I had it sitting around didnt know if it could be of any use. How about folvic acid? doesnt that help break down calcium carbonate into a form which is more available to the plant?? The more advice the better. thanks

My mistake:eek: I assumed that you were running chemical nutes rather than organic. The Voodoo is full of microbial life and is good for the organic setup. You should be able to run unchelated materials in your grow as the microbes will do the chelation for you, that is their purpose. You should have no problems with the dolomite lime, but I don't know if I would run both the lime and the GO cal/mag together as that may be too much. If you need a quick fix of magnesium then the epsom salt foliar spray would be good, and then follow it up with the nutes in the soil so the microbes can work on making it available to the girls. :)

Damn i just transplanted into 3gal bags with 2 tbls. Of lime to a gollon of mix and watered with the og calmg. Hope its not to much!

Should i continue using the calmg+ ? I dont know if im over dueing it. It seems to me i should be adding a little to my filtered water still.. help please

Its probably not a problem that you did that but I would just discontinue using the cal/mag+ for now, and wait to see about starting back up with it later into the flowering stage. You have basically 6 tablespoons of lime per bag if you mixed the soil well and that is(in my mind) a good plenty. So you may not need anymore until late in flowering if that. :)

Latest posts

Back