How much can I expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah have 4 clones. they are all doing pretty good but still waitting to see if the mother plants are ladies. :woohoo:

When you are talking about yield, it will always be a very hard question to answer. There are just too many variables. Are these being grown from seed or clone, how long of a veg, the strain you are growing, and the conditions you provide.

with that said, it is easy to say that I get this amount per plant so you sould be about to get that as well, but this is only true if you are growing the same or similar strains in the same or similar conditions. So yes it is easy to get 2 oz's per plant growing a small number of larger plants, but it is a lot harder to achieve this same figure, if you are loading a large amount of clones, because the plants will have to be smaller.

Also another major aspect is the space and lighting efficiency. So you can have a 400w hps in different square footages and it will yield totally different results.

A good rule of thumb to shoot for is 1 gram per square foot. In an efficient garden with an experienced grower this can be achieved regularly, but starting out you will see yields closer to .3-.6 grams per watt, so around 120 - 240 grams total, from your 400w light.

its cool TURKEYNECK i think we all got it under controle with a little smokeage and some cool people, theres no beef now. :D just a little debate gone wiled. although not as good as girls gone wiled but its all good now.

OH! and heres a pic of my male i dont know if you can see it that good or not yet. Let me know.

I think hes a she small .JPG

rb2006 said:
OH! and heres a pic of my male i dont know if you can see it that good or not yet. Let me know.

Yea looks like a male to me too..

One of the "girls" being a boy might not really make a difference. When you start talking about yield, the number of plants is almost immaterial. Yield is more a function of your lighting, not the number of plants. As a newby grower and the fact that you didn't veg your girls for very long, you can probably expect about 1/4-1/2 gram per watt of light--400W=100-200 g of dry bud.

Thanks hemp goddess, what your saying makes alot of sence.

camcam said:
For my first grow I had 7 females which is Jack's (Jack's is meant to be one of the best for crop size) and I got 2 ounce (dry) per plant which were about the same size as rb2006 plants.

Actually Jack is one of the least yielding plants of all. That is why it is a connaisseur strain. The smoke is fantastic but yields are on the downside. Believe me though Cam, if I could get my hands on Jack seeds with a prepaid card I would.

Latest posts

Back