how much is too much

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brushybill

Reaction score
i am about to place an order for an hps light, the difference in cost between a 400w and a 600w is $30.00, my growing space is 3' x 4' x 9' i will be using a digital ballast and have passive intake and will use an inline fan for venting.
do you think 600w is overkill in this space?
what do you guys think

thanks bbp, that was my thinking , i just did'nt want a bunch of extra lumens that the plant could'nt utilise anyway

.As long as u keep them at the proper distance as not 2 burn them.....I'd go 600 watt

if it helps, im running a 1000w in a 2.5'x5'x'8.5

and so far its working great, but be prepared to do something about the heat

yea ive been waiting to see how much it goes up.....my fingers are crossed

A 600W will give you far better penetration and the 600 has more lumens per watt than a 400, thus making it a more effective light.

Definitely go for the 600. Take care and be safe.

thanks for the feed back everyone , i am going for the 600w, i have a friend who does hvac who is getting me a 6" inline fan for the heat, and a higher elec bill is still way better than what i am paying now for herb.
seems like a no brainer

where are ya orderin your 600 watter from and how much are you payin for it?

check ebay stores for the lumatek 600w digital ballast. You can find it on there for as low as 179.95. Its where I got mine and it works great!

thats a good deal .:) . i ordered mine from hgt supply with a 6" easy cool reflector and a spare bulb for $287.00 us. still a pretty good deal with a switchable digital ballast

Latest posts

Back