How to "mask" or hide/change plant odor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
High Group,
My little 'Secret Garden' outside is flourishing!
All plants are dark green, and the fan leaves point up, toward the Sunshine.
Some are starting to stretch, and are 4' tall, even tho I topped them twice.

Question #1- When can I safely top them again?
Must the plants grow another 2-3 or even (4) leaf bracts on the main stem before I can top again?
When should I STOP topping? (Mid July ?) before Flowering starts, here in So. New England, Outdoors?
- Flowering starts end of July, into early August.

Question #2 - With a warm, balmy Summer breeze, I am already smelling a 'Skunky' smell, wafting around my yard. Especially from the G-13's.
I cannot even imaging just how strong this is going to get, when all girls are in full flower mode. :holysheep:
Is there anyway to mask, change/mix, somewhat hide, etc, the odors?
Perhaps low-hanging dryer sheets?

I grow/live in a populated neighborhood, and even tho my garden is hidden, the smell "ain't gonna be"...

WHAT can I do, planning ahead?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Have fun out in all those gardens, boyz & girlz!

StonedWoodsman :icon_smile:

An inline air filtration system with a carbon filter or an ozone machine (which I personally wouldn't recommend). Mostly the carbon filter is what I'd heavily recommend/lean towards.

EDIT: Nevermind just realized your OD...:rofl:

:ccc::stoned::bolt:

Keep topping till you have a nice even canopy, if that's what you like. More even lightfall upon the plant will grow similar sized buds. ime:D As long it's in the veg more so then the bloom phase if ya dig.

there are a few plants that smell kind of similar espicially when the sun is hitting them and they warm up. chamomile (sp?) i think is one of the bushes that put off a canna smell but not like dank. they look nothing alike.

no way to change or really mask the smell of an 8 ft tall dank bush. best bet is to plant away from neighbors hikers hunters etc or try and find some lower odor strains.

and part two id say bring them indoors and get a carbon filter? you cant top as many times as you need, but not into flower.... also id bend over and stake them down if they get to tall ...start now cuz they will double triple in size after flower.

its gunna reek bro.

Some cannabis plants respond poorly to any sort of of topping or ST, i.e. my Moose cut (j47) will yield so much better w/o any training except for pre-bloom limbing/thinning below to focus more growth energy to the buds above.

I have no idea outside. Inside I cook bacon and onions before anyone comes over.. I guess you need to get a bbq and cook 24/7..There is no other plant that would cover the smell of big bushes of dank, Not roses, lavender or nasty smelling salvia. I will keep thinking of other plants but I don't think so.

Good luck. Sorry i don't know a cure.

stonedwoodsman said:
High Group,
My little 'Secret Garden' outside is flourishing!
All plants are dark green, and the fan leaves point up, toward the Sunshine.
Some are starting to stretch, and are 4' tall, even tho I topped them twice.

Question #1- When can I safely top them again?
Must the plants grow another 2-3 or even (4) leaf bracts on the main stem before I can top again?
When should I STOP topping? (Mid July ?) before Flowering starts, here in So. New England, Outdoors?
- Flowering starts end of July, into early August.

Question #2 - With a warm, balmy Summer breeze, I am already smelling a 'Skunky' smell, wafting around my yard. Especially from the G-13's.
I cannot even imaging just how strong this is going to get, when all girls are in full flower mode. :holysheep:
Is there anyway to mask, change/mix, somewhat hide, etc, the odors?
Perhaps low-hanging dryer sheets?

I grow/live in a populated neighborhood, and even tho my garden is hidden, the smell "ain't gonna be"...

i pinch or fim,(similar),w/ every 8-10 in. of vertical growth. pinching, i avg. 3 new tops w/ each pinch site.

as stated, stop topping, pinching, or fimming w/ 1st sign of buds..

you could purchase skunk scent online. 1 or 2 drops near your nosy neighbor. claim too many skunks around. ask to borrow money, for nuisance control to come. lol i've used scent before. one whiff and you will have true believers.
our winds are generally from the west.it's all clear in that direction.. most or all of my od plants are just not that dank. i know diesels reek though. jmo good job! :)

Dead woodchuck weekly.

Going to be tough masking an outdoor grow.

pcduck said:
Dead woodchuck weekly.

Going to be tough masking an outdoor grow.

LARGELY depends on variety. i have grown maybe 15-20 different, high thc strains, od over last 4 years. never had a smell issue. although a buddy grew a bcn diesel auto, the odor was horrendous. (WICKED STINKY!!). depends on strain. JMO :icon_smile:

yeah or deep fry **** (fatty meat products) outside all the time...lol...that oily smoke permeates into everything

marigolds stink if u get u bunch and mints like spearmint winter mint, lavender all then together no one will know what they smell bunch of tomato plants they smell it all adds up

best defense if ever confronted lie and say you have your card to a neighbor if u live in a legal state worth a shot i'd def bend em over hard now

Simply put...you can't...the only way is to grow one or two plants and limit the smell being dispersed,...but it will spread...

Latest posts

Back