I'm so confused, I can't even think of a descriptive title. Can you please help me identify what's going on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember my 1st super soil mix I made yrs ago LOL
I had no clue how much of each amendment to add to compose the soil, it was a crapshoot, my plants did not do well that grow,
Hey it happens, then we refine our skills or find what the problem was through other grows.
No biggie.......

Mucho Caliente Suelo

I never understood someone who has zero experience deciding to do it all themselves without any understanding of what it is they are doing.

I've grown before using Ocean Forest and DynoGro, I had no problems they were bushy and green with no deficiencies. This is my first living soil attempt with dry amendments only. I didn't do anything all by myself either, the soil is mixed by Dirtcraft Organics Dirtcraft Living Soils. I didn't even want to mix my own soil because I wanted to rely on a professional's premixed soil. So it's not like I'm or was overconfident with any of my attempts.

If they aren't cold then they are hungry.

This is the problem I'm having. I reached out to someone who has years of living soil experience (and seems to be growing very well on his youtube channel) and he told me that the plants were overfertilized and overwatered. Now I'm being told they're hungry and underwatered. This is the source of my confusion.

May want to start some back ups in a good brand store bought soil and see if they grow any different?
Who mixed your soil for you and did they know what they were doing?
Root gnats my be eating the crap out of the plants roots too. Never know...............
Have you tried playing music to them?

Soil is mixed by Dirtcraft Organics. Dirtcraft Living Soils
I think if nothing works, I'll just start from scratch with Ocean Forest and DynoGro nutrients since that's what worked for me previously. I didn't play music to them but I might have yelled them here and there. Not sure if they're heartbroken.

Rinsing the tips off in distilled water and drying them on a piece of paper towel seemed to help in how long they lasted.
Ebay is your friend when it comes to the cheap ones.

I'm reading that after cleaning the probes with distilled water, letting them dry is what kills the pH pens. I think people wet a piece of cotton and stick that inside the probes for longevity and to keep it calibrated, as much as it's possible. I'm not too worried if they won't last, I'm worried they won't be correct. I think I'm going to add general hydroponics ph liquid as a comparison to the cheapo pen.

Thanks for all the answers. Another day that plants didn't move an inch. Waiting for the pH pen. Let's see what's going to happen.

May be a nute lock . My white widow I am currently growing was suffering from zombie state early on. A few of the members here told me to they use Jacks 20 20 20 it is not organic but it did fix my not growing at all issue. I was told half tsp per gallon of water every watering. It seemed to fix whatever it was. They are growing like champs just started flower and I defoiled them so that is why they look naked. It is titled White widow seed run see for yourself. Happy growing!

I've grown before using Ocean Forest and DynoGro, I had no problems they were bushy and green with no deficiencies. This is my first living soil attempt with dry amendments only. I didn't do anything all by myself either, the soil is mixed by Dirtcraft Organics Dirtcraft Living Soils. I didn't even want to mix my own soil because I wanted to rely on a professional's premixed soil. So it's not like I'm or was overconfident with any of my attempts.

This is the problem I'm having. I reached out to someone who has years of living soil experience (and seems to be growing very well on his youtube channel) and he told me that the plants were overfertilized and overwatered. Now I'm being told they're hungry and underwatered. This is the source of my confusion.

I think if nothing works, I'll just start from scratch with Ocean Forest and DynoGro nutrients since that's what worked for me previously. I didn't play music to them but I might have yelled them here and there. Not sure if they're heartbroken.

I'm reading that after cleaning the probes with distilled water, letting them dry is what kills the pH pens. I think people wet a piece of cotton and stick that inside the probes for longevity and to keep it calibrated, as much as it's possible. I'm not too worried if they won't last, I'm worried they won't be correct. I think I'm going to add general hydroponics ph liquid as a comparison to the cheapo pen.

Thanks for all the answers. Another day that plants didn't move an inch. Waiting for the pH pen. Let's see what's going to happen.
I store my bluelab pen in a tall mason jar with just enough storage solution to cover the probes a bit. then cap it tight.

Save yourself a couple of bucks and head for your local farm type store and buy milkstone remover. Same stuff as GH but a tad stronger and a lot cheaper. It's phosphoric acid, same stuff as GH PH down.
I guess with the fancy expensive pens, it's verboten to let them dry out. I never had that problem with the cheapies. I had one long enough that I had to replace the batteries in it.

I remember my 1st super soil mix I made yrs ago LOL
I had no clue how much of each amendment to add to compose the soil, it was a crapshoot, my plants did not do well that grow,
Hey it happens, then we refine our skills or find what the problem was through other grows.
No biggie.......

Mucho Caliente Suelo
love it when you speak Swedish :)

So listen to the people who made it?
I looked on their site and didn't see anything that changed my mind.

I store my pens tip down in calibration fluid

So listen to the people who made it?
I looked on their site and didn't see anything that changed my mind.

So far these are the opinions you shared;

"Are the pots sitting on cold concrete?"
"If they aren't cold then they are hungry."
"I never understood someone who has zero experience deciding to do it all themselves without any understanding of what it is they are doing."
"I blame cannabis forums."

Which one of those statements were you expecting to change by looking at their website?

If they aren't cold then they are hungry.
Speaking of...how cold can my girls tolerate? Where they are has never been below probably mid 50's F. It's an attached insulated south facing area that's closed off from the house at night by a door, so it's not 'conditioned' air. I keep a thermometer in the soil, and right now it's showing about 60 F.

I know there are untold variables, but in general...is cannabis cool-tolerant?

So far these are the opinions you shared;

"Are the pots sitting on cold concrete?"
"If they aren't cold then they are hungry."
"I never understood someone who has zero experience deciding to do it all themselves without any understanding of what it is they are doing."
"I blame cannabis forums."

Which one of those statements were you expecting to change by looking at their website?
Sorry to intrude on your thread,good luck on it.

Latest posts

Back