How to Pop Old and Stuborn Seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticWolf

Just Me
Reaction score
Old seeds will work at least a percentage of them will, and I have no clue on earth why, but I got a talent with making old and stubborn ones pop over the years...

Even back home often times other growers would say I can't do crude with these seeds they won't germ and I could get them to pop...

Well 8 to 9 out of 10 times I could get them to pop for me...So I'll share My Open Sesame James way and if folks want to use it in whole or in part they are more than welcome to and to share the info.

Items needed:

1.Matchbox or pill bottle

2.sand paper fine grit

3.heat source

4.Miracle Grow Tomato Formula

5.bottled water

6.bagged soil of choice just NOT Peat Moss.

7.cups

8.small sandwich bags

9.rubber bands

10. mister bottle

Step 1 Take your sand paper and glue it in your pill bottle or match box put aside to dry .

Step 2 Put your seeds in 10 to 20 at a shot and shake shake shake for 15 minutes this lightly sands the surface it will also show you bad seeds to pull out...Important Shake up only as many as you want to try to germ per batch Do NOT Pre Shake Ahead of Time.

Step 3 Use your bottled water and make up a 2 quart batch of Tomato MG it uses the SMALL side of the spoon ...Lightly warm it like you do to a baby bottle you want it WARM ...Not Hot

Step 4 Pour Tomato MG heated mix into a glass then drop in your seeds set a timer or look at a clock you want them in there Exactly 1 hour to ! hour and 30 minutes No more ...no less...PS use a glass glass it holds the warmth longer.

Step 5 Fill your cups with soil and then wet the soil with just plain bottled water...save a bit of soil dry in a bowl with a spoon to the side.

Step 6 Place seeds point down one per cup in the center do not press into soil just place each point down.

Step 7 Use your soil and spoon and sprinkle lightly 1/4 inch of soil over the seeds placed point down in the cup ...don't get too heavy handed here... I use a pen and mark an inner line inside My cups after I wet the soil.

Step 8 Mist the soil over the seeds till nicely damp.

Step 9 place a sandwich bag over every cup and then use a rubber band to hold it in place...and make a lil greenhouse.

Step 10 place in your nice warm veg area ...or mothers area under your flouros.

Step 11 Celebrate joyously when they pop and show in 2 to 7 days.

"No heat mat needed... in fact I found using a germ mat with old and stubborn seeds I has a worse success rate...with just the lights and soft warmth I generally hit about 80 percent...Though your results and millage may vary."

Enjoy

James

Latest posts

Back