How to tell when the alcohol is fully evaporated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
So I went through the process of making ethyl alcohol hash and the result is surprisingly well. However I am anxious about leaving some alcohol in my final product. How to tell when it is fine to smoke? I let the liquid evap in a pyrex dish marinated in warm water for couple of hours and it is sticky. Any help with this final step is greatly appreciated. How hard should i expect it to be before it is ready to get scraped off?

You might want to warm it up and give it a stir then let cool a couple times to make sure the alc. Is all gone.
I put mine in caps so I leave a little alc. in to keep it easy to use in a syringe.

Reactions: zem
Some people use vacuum pumps.

With that in mind, i wonder how a chamber type vacuum sealer would work, just leave the bag out of the equation?

Somebody makes a jar vacume sealer.
Put A vessel inside the jar with extract, seal jar and vac.
It can be set into a pan of hot water also to speed it up.

Well, I came to the conclusion that extraction is not my hobby. I can grow plants way faster than I can consume anyway. After I ran through several ounces of trim and popcorn buds, used up to 10 litres of alcohol, I found that it is way too much effort. It took more than 6 hours of work to do that and cleaning after it excluding the time to evaporate and scrape... This was my first effort to extract and I got all the utensils for it my kitchen turned into a small lab but the effort is just not worth it for me. I work an average of 20 minutes per day with my plants that give me a lot of great product. What to do with all this good trim? I would love to have a neighbour who fond of doing this lol I would give him all my utensils and trim and half of the end product.
Is there an extraction machine where I can put like 5oz of trim and it just does everything and gives me the end product? It is difficult to dispose of thc filled leaf

I bought some bubble bags last year and proceeded to make bubble hash for the first time. I like the bubble hash better than alcohol hash/honey personally but it is also kind of a pain in the behind to make. a lot more work than growing is but similar to trimming which takes me a long time. I have had a lot of success making cannabutter using coconut oil and a slow cooker though. still a fair amount of work(squeezing out the oil from the jumble of leaves but I also have been using the stems which makes it extra time consuming-probably skip the stems this time). The brownies I make with the cannabutter though make it worthwhile. out of 500 grams of trim and 500 grams of coconut oil, I get enough cannabutter to make 3 batches of brownies that I cut into 108 bite sized brownies. a half of one of those brownies gives me a good 'get-things-done' type of buzz for about 6 hours. a whole one gets me pretty stoned for the same amount of time. the pain relief aspect of the brownies though is where it is at. I get better anti-inflammation from the baked goods than I do from smoking. I can't keep up smoking and eating with how much I grow either and I wind up giving most of my excess away(which makes me and those who get free weed happy). first world problems...

I bought some bubble bags last year and proceeded to make bubble hash for the first time. I like the bubble hash better than alcohol hash/honey personally but it is also kind of a pain in the behind to make. a lot more work than growing is but similar to trimming which takes me a long time. I have had a lot of success making cannabutter using coconut oil and a slow cooker though. still a fair amount of work(squeezing out the oil from the jumble of leaves but I also have been using the stems which makes it extra time consuming-probably skip the stems this time). The brownies I make with the cannabutter though make it worthwhile. out of 500 grams of trim and 500 grams of coconut oil, I get enough cannabutter to make 3 batches of brownies that I cut into 108 bite sized brownies. a half of one of those brownies gives me a good 'get-things-done' type of buzz for about 6 hours. a whole one gets me pretty stoned for the same amount of time. the pain relief aspect of the brownies though is where it is at. I get better anti-inflammation from the baked goods than I do from smoking. I can't keep up smoking and eating with how much I grow either and I wind up giving most of my excess away(which makes me and those who get free weed happy). first world problems...
I am not that good with baking mj. I wasted quite a lot trying. I researched about which method I wanted to use when I decided to try alcohol because it seemed to give some good results and is even used in commercial ops instead of butane. I am thinking to get a good rosin press and just extract small amounts at a time. I never tried it but it seems to make more sense to just put some trim in a parchment paper and press that. besides it does not require any solvents. How many grams can I press at once?

Latest posts

Back