Hr: 5842 & Hr: 5843

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRider

Reaction score
well i got curious if they were going to move or get stuffed somewhere, so i googled it and it looks like they went one step further. both are moving to committee.

H.R. 5842 [110th]: Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act (GovTrack.us)

H.R. 5843 [110th]: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults (GovTrack.us)

Bill 5842:

Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act - Transfers marijuana from schedule I to schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act.
Provides that no provision of the Controlled Substances Act or the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act shall prohibit or otherwise restrict, in a state in which marijuana may, under state law, be prescribed or recommended by a physician for medical use: (1) a physician from prescribing or recommending marijuana for medical use; (2) an individual from obtaining, possessing, transporting, manufacturing, or using marijuana in accordance with such a prescription or recommendation; (3) an individual authorized under state law to do so from obtaining, possessing, transporting, or manufacturing marijuana on an authorized patient's behalf; (4) a pharmacy or other entity authorized to do so from obtaining, possessing, or distributing marijuana to such patients; or (5) an entity established by such a state or local government thereof to do so from producing, possessing, or distributing marijuana for such a prescription or recommendation.

HR 5843:

Act to Remove Federal Penalties for the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults - Prohibits the imposition of any penalty under an Act of Congress for the possession of marijuana for personal use or for the not-for-profit transfer between adults of marijuana for personal use.
Deems the possession of 100 grams or less of marijuana as personal use (one ounce or less for a not-for-profit transfer between adults).
Allows the imposition of a civil penalty under the Controlled Substances Act for the public use of marijuana if such penalty does not exceed $100.

nothing major but at least there moving. one small step at a time. lets hope they make it another step

i can dig that. yes. this i can dig.
word

well hate to be bearer of bad news but looks like these bills will have to be resubmitted this year. since this is a new session and all. this blows. no wonder we can get crap done in this country

Latest posts

Back