HUMIDITY!!! Please Help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazeydays

Reaction score
I Thought summer waz rough with high humidity,
But I've been haven a hard time with the cool weather.
My humdity has been 40-50% on avg. some times lower.
I have put sum containers full of water on floor has helped sum.
Up to 50-55% can sum one please help me get 60-70%
Going to get humidifier this week end I hope it helps.
I can get a cool or warm mist humidifier what kind would you guys buy?
Or do you have a better idea, please help!!!!!!

If done correctly, I imagine the humidifier should help.

I often times have trouble with humidity; however, with my closet setup I'm pretty much at the mercy of the elements.

I could be wrong, but I believe that during late flowering humidity is more important than at any other time. My last grow, during late flowering the humidity would go up to as high as 95% RH, and there was no mold (I was careful to keep the air circulation good, though).

What I'm trying to say, is this: Although one of the several important factors that influence plant growth, etc., I'm under the impression that it isn't as crucial as pH, for example. Try not to worry about it, and do the best you can in order to fix the problem.

The example I gave was for flowering, but if you're vegging, humidity might not be that much of a problem, even if it is lower than ideal.

I hope this helps.

whoa!! i keep my humidity around 30% ... your asking for a good chance of mold and/or bud rott... bluh!

i would try to decresase the himudity bro...

Can't go wrong with a humidifier. I've always used a warm mist. Never used a cool mist before. Only thing I can think of is that the warm mist may raise the temps a bit.
I have a closet setup and I just got these little humidor gel rocks that absorb 300 times their weight in water and slowly release water vapor over time raising my humidity.

Eh, mold issues are only issues if your circulation is lacking. Though I definately would not risk that 95% there.
Humidity isn't an issue in veg, tho your ladies would love to have some. 50 to 60 % I think is plenty if I remember correctly. In my closet I was running 40% before those gel rocks. I hit about 50% now. And I'll pull those jokers out here some once my buds start thickening up. My circulation is definately not good enough for a high humidity.

What I'm trying to say, is this: Although one of the several important factors that influence plant growth, etc., I'm under the impression that it isn't as crucial as pH, for example. Try not to worry about it, and do the best you can in order to fix the problem.
Sound advice. I'd definately try to fix but not be to concerned about.

Krazeydays said:
I Thought summer waz rough with high humidity,
But I've been haven a hard time with the cool weather.
My humdity has been 40-50% on avg. some times lower.
I have put sum containers full of water on floor has helped sum.
Up to 50-55% can sum one please help me get 60-70%
Going to get humidifier this week end I hope it helps.
I can get a cool or warm mist humidifier what kind would you guys buy?
Or do you have a better idea, please help!!!!!!

Your fine just about perfect, IMO 60 -70% is to high for flowering.

Hey guy,s thanks for the advice . But I should have mention that I am in veg.
My babies are only 3 weeks old, I am growing in a tent 2nd grow.
1st grow was bag seed went very well thanks too MP.
2nd grow WW and PAP.
want this to go just as smooth as possible.
Thanks All for the advice.

when in veg it is not a problem, you can have 60-70% and not worry as long as there is good circulation... BUT... the problem comes when flowering, because the % will go way up and you need to be prepared for that! it comes faster than you think

hmm i grow outdoors here in florida and during flower down here humidiy is almost always above 90% and i have seen no bud rot or mold on my plants;) .I also rember reading some where higher humidty during veg can help increase the chance of females to male.

hmm i grow outdoors here in florida and during flower down here humidiy is almost always above 90% and i have seen no bud rot or mold on my plants .I also rember reading some where higher humidty during veg can help increase the chance of females to male.
The key is "outside". You have the best ventalation and circulation system anyone could ever have in a grow room, you got nature's. I wouldn't think you would have a problem with mold outside.

DirtySouthernAfficionado said:
Eh, mold issues are only issues if your circulation is lacking. Though I definately would not risk that 95% there.
Humidity isn't an issue in veg, tho your ladies would love to have some. 50 to 60 % I think is plenty if I remember correctly. In my closet I was running 40% before those gel rocks. I hit about 50% now. And I'll pull those jokers out here some once my buds start thickening up. My circulation is definately not good enough for a high humidity.

Sound advice. I'd definately try to fix but not be to concerned about.

not that its too big of a deal, but 70% RH is about as high as you would want to go in veg as well, plants will actually slow growing when humidity is too high.

This is why: Plants grow as they transpire (ie: pulling water from the soil upwards and finally out to there leaves where the water is dissipated)

Ergo, if humidity is too high, transpiration comes to a stand still, as the plants will be unable to circumvent the excess moisture do to the amount of moisture already saturating the air. Uptake slows, and overall plant growth slows as nutrients are not being drawn upwards as fast.

Target humidity for veg should be about 55%, this will allow good transpiration, and promote good, fast growth.

You could grow just fine at 85 degrees F, the problem is when temps climb that high, the amount of moisture the air is capable of holding increases, and we just discussed that high humidity slows growth.

Its easier to lower temps, and with good ventilation, effectively keep our humidity down.

hope this helps, i can reference the source material i acquired this info from if you like.

Latest posts

Back