I am going to have.!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Hi everyone.!
I got problems I believe and there nothing I can do about it.!
See for the last 6 days my electric has been shutting off, between 1pm to 330 give or take hour, but the shut off is always 2 1/2 hr at a time. Electric company don't understand why the wires r being fried at the street pole for 8 houses.
I am only have my 400 watt mh conversion bulb running right now and 1aceilating fan & exhaust fan and through the house 1tv no lights on til night time and my A/C unit and my temp for that is 77 degree.
So now I am going to have hermies and male popping all over the place and the Males get pull while I keep those hermies yep I keeping the hermies to have smoke, Yea for that.!!
I am in my 1 1/2 month of veggie the plants r about 12 inches tall just starting to show sex on some and No I won't start over and they go to the end for havest.

why would they hermie if they still in Veg?..have your flower lights come on at night if the power goes out in afternoon...just my thaughts

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

FH you shouldn't get hermies as long as you are not distupting the dark light cycle. It is when the lights come on in the middle of the 12 hrs of darkness that cause the problems from everything I can find. Just watch them closely and you should be fine.

This wont be an issue, you say your in veg, it doesnt matter if you lose your light for a few hours in veg.

I am with these guys....if you are in veg run your lights 18/6 with the 6 off hours occurring when the power normally goes off for the 2 and half or so. You will need a timer with battery backup though. Then during flower same thing except now you hve a 12 hour window for darkness. Like ozzy said, most of the problems are caused by the dark period being interrupted.

Good luck

Ok thanks.!! But I thought if one loose power during veggie time and shorten the dark cycle would cause mishap and I have put it back on reg time as I had from 5 am-10pm but now I am just leaving the lights as they r as of today.!
I am hopen for the best with these 20 plants hopefully will be girls but I'll keep a eye on them..

Lots of people try 18/6 lighting for veg, thinking the plants need a break....you'll be fine!

Flyinghigh said:
I am hopen for the best with these 20 plants hopefully will be girls but I'll keep a eye on them..

20 plants under a 400w?
Either way its not going to hurt anything.

Thanks I need them to stay on the time I give them 5 am to 10 pm because I am up early and I Hate to sit around and wait for the light to come.!
Dam power went off again yesterday while I was at the water park, guess I need to call the power company and raise hell with them to fix it the problem.!! So the last few days I have lost 6 hours of off time from power outage.. Just not how I want to grow with power going out.!

During veg you can run the lights 24hrs and the plants love it. I would just leave them on all the time and if the power goes out for a few hours it shouldn't hurt a thing. The bad thing though is that the power outage causes surges on all things electronic and will eventually hurt all of your electronics. I would just make sure the electric company knows there is a problem that keeps happening and the damage it could cause.

Depending on where you live, many big cities are running "rolling blackouts" to try to ease the demand on their generators and keep the city's power from failing totally with this heatwave.

Latest posts

Back