I am Panicking .... should I ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokypo

ThE GuLlY gRoW
Reaction score
My babies are at the end of week 6 flowering... Last night the light went off at elleven as usuall bu then came back on at 12 cos my son plugged it back in (he's 3) and I didnt discover it till 4 in the morn...... What shall I do..... Will they hermie, any one done something similiar? what shall i do ? put back on at elleven, as though they have had a short night, or let go forward to 4 so they still get 12 hrs ....but then they will be on a different pattern?

I feel sick, what to do ?
:confused:

Hello Smoky :)

Carry on as if nothing happened, keep it in its normal routine without changing anything.

Get a lock for the grow room door ;)

:peace:

Thanks my fellow Hippy frienD......... I will follow your advise.... So does this mean that it will noy really be a prob? has it happend to you and didnt it cause probs? Thanks again....
I hope there arent seeds when I next look! If a plant did hermie due to this type of stress (Light irregularity) how long does it take for the nanas to be visible.

Many people have had this exact same problem, its like the plant having a bright moon lit night if it was growing outside.

Plants outside do not get 12 hours of total darkness ;)

1 night of interupted darkness will not make your plant hermie.

Is your plant from bagseed?

Fem seeds From big buddah and dutch passion........
I really appreciate the help Hippy.
Is it because bagseed may be less stable / more likely to have a bad reaction......
I was so worried, because werever you read everybody stresses as though its life and death ( hormones) that not even a peep of light should be exposed to flowering plants that are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Peace Hippy :cool:

agree with HIE, a single mucked up cycle is not "likely" to induce hermies,... BUT.. you are working with 'femmed' seeds, which are in some cases more prone to hermie.
"Moonlit nights" cannot really be compared to light leaks indoors. Moonlight does not produce the intensity to be "seen" by plants. Indoor light leaks can.

The Dutch Passion Fem beans will hermie at 7 weeks anyways.:rolleyes: Trust me I know.

Buddy please expand, how do u know.... If this is the case then is that not really bad? I dont want seeds! How are u so sure. And any body, wen a plant hermies due to stress 4 whatever reason, how long does it take before pods are visible.. And Buddy , if they are gonna hermie and u are right then it must have happend to yours... what do I do if it happens?
Thanks to everyone.
Peace

If the plant decided to throw out a male flower in the next week because of the disruption, I wouldn't be concerned. The pollen grains will then fertilize the female flowers but there isn't much time for seeds to form so don't worry unless you are going to flower for three more weeks or so. Seeds don't grow from an embryo to viable in a week.

Latest posts

Back