I had a Birthday present show up today...

• Thread starter That crazy vancouver guy
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

That crazy vancouver guy

a friend I have made in the recent past, sent me half :eek: the beans he had recently acquired himself...

some Original 1978 Mendacino Joe Skunk #1... the legendary Road Kill Skunk of the '70s :hubba: :D :cool:

in case ya didn't see this already, here's some info by the man himself, Ohsogreen, about the jewel he preserved and passed on to my 'little bro' 'n me...

FROM THE BREEDER~~~~~~

got them through a friend of " Mendacino Joe " in 78, we drove from southern Cali up to " The Bay Area " and did the deal in a Safeway parking lot.
Three main phenos show up consistently :

8 out of 10 - straight up three day old, sun baked, roadkilled, skunk smell. Very thick / dense buds, trim work is a breeze, sugar coated, nice all around buzz, completely able to function, and happy doing whatever it is, your doing.
1 out of 10 - the same with a hint of pink grapefruit. The in between pheno, slightly taller, leaves slightly thinner, buds a little more open structure, but good resin production. Less overall weight, but different high. Starts off up, energetic (the need to do something), then settles down to a nice mellow all around buzz an hour later.
1 out of 10 - the same with a hint of lemon or citrus, even more Sativa dominant, very thin leaves, very open buds, with an up clear high, I mean up.... it that makes the sky look bluer, you catch yourself watches the clouds drift by and forget everything else, it has you smiling but not like Gomer Pile, very relaxed.
Then out of every 50 of these girls, a limburger cheese smelling pheno - extra stanky, extra gooey, with some extra punch. True two toke stuff. Third toke, goodnight Alice... you're out......
Take all between 55 and 65 days, beyond that - it gets couch locky....
Breeding info : Open pollenated, seeded first group in 1978, 5 dads, 6 moms, made about 500 seeds. Over the next several years, always open pollenated in patches. Four dads minimum, Four moms minimum.
In 1984 used last of the 1978 seeds, open pollenated and made another 500-600 seeds. Kept 100 seeds from 1984, until 1989 or maybe 1990, grew all of them out, open pollenated one patch of 10 plants, 3 dads, 7 mom's. Made about 400 seeds.

the legendary Mendacino Joe Road Kill Skunk has been brought back out into the open... and my little bro 'n me are gunna be get'n it out there so more people know what the true indica influenced Road Kill Skunk of the 70's was all about....:D :cool:

Nice, gotta love Buddies they always seem to come through, I got a LUI MOM from a Bud this year! That Roadkill skunk sounds awesome especially if you get the Limgerger pheno! But I'm sure they're all beauties!

Phatpharmer

TCVG,I loved that description of 3 day roadkill! Sounds like my kind of grower to meet and chat with sometime. I bet he has some killer stories.

u bet this strain is a beauty, buddy... it's a foundation block for many a popular strain up to today... this is a classic... just about any breeder would love to get their hands on these gems... I just hope I have a decent germ rate with these older beans so that I have a decent breeding phenotype variation and don't lose that Road Killed King Skunk (Limberger cheese pheno)... I'm sure this is the one that "the Cheese" plant eventually came from... a little bit of the Road Kill that Sam the Skunkman couldn't breed out of the Sk#1....:cool:

The whole idea is just so cool. It's a flash from the past, literally. If anybody can pull it off, you can. Good luck on the limberger quest.

Very cool man. I can hardly wait to see what you do with these things, your grows always excite me.

.....so crazy, how old are ya? what a great buddy, and what a nice present.....happy Bday, the painterdude

Hope you run a GJ on them...i have some old seeds im goona be tryin to bring back soon...i'll be sure to pull up a chair...

Oh ya...and happy B-day man...raise them girls right...:48:

I'll be 39 on Sat, painterdude... I'm a year behind SmokinMom

That crazy vancouver guy said:
I'll be 39 on Sat, painterdude... I'm a year behind SmokinMom

Surprised you remembered that.

And thanks for reminding me I'm turning 40. :hitchair:

:giggle:

lol... and I was think'n too... of put'n someth'n like... ya, I'm 39 on Sat... and Lordy, Lordy... next year I'll be 40 :eek: LMAO :cool:

Great gift Van :)

Have you had any expience germing old seeds?

:peace:

WoW!.. the true old school, road kill, skunk would truely be a treasure. GOOD LUCK!..and "happy happy" BD.
Don't sweat the dreaded 40 yr mark folks..;) it ain't even a significant "bump in the road".. :D I'm old enough to remember the old road kill skunk!!..:confused2:

Happy Birthday TCVG....pfff 40:laugh:

Good luck on the seed production, should make a real nice bed.:aok:

TCVG, happy b-day and i think you have just got the best present ever, and it keeps on giving.

good luck on germing the old seeds.

is there a trick to getting old seeds to germinate?

GREEN MOJO:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back