I have spots on a couple leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
that the darken and dry up so much that when touched the break apart cause there so brittal I have been using a foilar spary and am not sure if this is a nutrient issue or a issue with the foilor spray magnifying the light while on the leafs so much that its burning them and killing these parts of the leafs it started with one leaf and after the last spray has moved to two leafs that have dark spots that are dead . any Ideas what might be causing it plants are three weeks old from seed two from sprout

could it be an Iron deficency

I have just added cal/mag from botanicare not sure If its the way to go but am hopeing it will help.

downsized_050520131.jpg

downsized_050520132.jpg

:ciao: Skull

more info brother

What nutes?

whats the PH?

Are thes in flower /Vegging?

from what I see ..its the lower leafs and the uppers look good...Nothing I would worry about if everything above is in check:aok:

:48:

I would quit using the foliar spray. I only use foliar sprays in special cases. I used to do it often on my clones but found the same leaf spotting occuring sometimes from drops forming on the leaves which can either magnify the light and burn them or concentrate the chemicals in the liquid and give them chemical burn(which is what yours looks like).

If you need to use a foliar feed in the future, buy an atomizer and spray them lightly(but more often) so that the water doesn't collect on the leaves and drip down onto the lower leaves. Unless the problem starts to climb the plants, I wouldn't worry too much about those couple leaves, but definitely stop the foliar spraying. I am thinking you are using a tonic like superthrive, which I think is helpfull when plants are struggling but wasted when used on healthy plants. :)

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: Skull

more info brother

What nutes?

whats the PH?

Are thes in flower /Vegging?

:48:

I am using the advanced nutes ph perfect micro,grow , not ready to add the bloom yet plants are in veg the are just over two weeks in veg . ph I set at 5.5 it it does go up to 5.8 at times but I set it back to 5.5 the plants are in DWC single bucket with lots of air bubbles the foilar spray I am using is Dutch masters liquid light I use it twice weak it is used to make the help the leafs absorb more useable light I does not do much in the form of nutrient for the plant from what I understand. I am assuming that the plants need iron so I added cal/mag last night am now pretty much waiting to see if there is a change in the leafs

Hushpuppy I am using the Dutch masters liquid light I am also thinking that the water on the leafs is magnafying the light and causeing it to burn the leafs the LL is not so much for nutientce its meant to help the leafs absorb more useable light

Ive never had the leafs get burned from Misting under the lights...and my lights are inches away from canopy...just my thaughts

4u2sm0ke said:
Ive never had the leafs get burned from Misting under the lights...and my lights are inches away from canopy...just my thaughts

do you use LED lights or hps I am using the led lights which makes me think Its the nutes in the bucket are to strong

r/h is at zero ph is 5.5 - 5.8 mostly 5.5 I am under the assumption that the r/h is not so important being the roots are in water constanly I would like to ask what you think I whould use of cal/mag the label states 1 tsp per gal. for soil applications but states nothing about dwc so I went with 2 1/2 tsp with 3 1/2 gal. of water in the bucket .

That explains the brittle leaves.. The spotting i am assuming is water related...

How are testing your ph? Do you have a quality meter that's properly calibrated?

yes I do have a good working meter I calibrate around every two weeks when in use as for the leafs being brittal they are only that way where the discoloration is at on the spots you can see then on the two pictures I have posted at the beggining of the thread. the rest of the leafs appear to be fine .

I don't know but I do know that thats what the arrow on the meter I got reads and since I leave the top part of the tent open of air to go out I assume that all the moister is being pushed out by the fan I got in there i don't have an in line fan

skullcandy said:
do you use LED lights or hps I am using the led lights which makes me think Its the nutes in the bucket are to strong

I use HD...:icon_smile:...

Latest posts

Back