I plan to make my own hydro any advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently doing both ebb and flow and DWC. I am having a little trouble with DWC as my moms roots are turning a little brown but growing very very fast. Ebb and flow I think is the safest because your plants are not in the water as much so the water being messed up for a while is not nearly as bad as with DWC where the roots are always in water. I would say DWC is for larger plants longer grows. Ebb and flow is shorter plants, shorter grows, more plants. You just have to decide what you want out of a grow. IF you got a good year where your in one place and you can afford to do a 2 month veg and flower your plants out then go for it with DWC. IF you, like myself, need quicker turn around and dont have the space or time to commit to a single grow I think ebb and flow is better. I'm not saying you can't grow the best weed in the world from ebb and flow, but ask any grower. Bigger plants usually equates to better quality bud, all other things being constant.

NewbieG said:
I am currently doing both ebb and flow and DWC. I am having a little trouble with DWC as my moms roots are turning a little brown but growing very very fast. Ebb and flow I think is the safest because your plants are not in the water as much so the water being messed up for a while is not nearly as bad as with DWC where the roots are always in water. I would say DWC is for larger plants longer grows. Ebb and flow is shorter plants, shorter grows, more plants. You just have to decide what you want out of a grow. IF you got a good year where your in one place and you can afford to do a 2 month veg and flower your plants out then go for it with DWC. IF you, like myself, need quicker turn around and dont have the space or time to commit to a single grow I think ebb and flow is better. I'm not saying you can't grow the best weed in the world from ebb and flow, but ask any grower. Bigger plants usually equates to better quality bud, all other things being constant.

Sorry, but IMO, there are far more things that can go wrong in an ebb and flow than there is in a DWC. DWC is generally the easiest and most foolproof because it quite simply , well, the simplest :D. The only mechanical thing DWC uses is an air pump and they are pretty darned dependable. Ebb and flow requires a water pump (which heats up the res water and can clog and fail), a timer (which can fail), and some kind of drainage system (that can get clogged with roots). DWC is not necessarily meant for larger plants that you have to veg longer.

Not that there is anything wrong with an ebb and flow, it is just more prone to problems than a DWC.

so if i decide to go with the DWC i just need to check on it a lil more often? Other than that it does seem easier and more fool proof lol

Black1269 said:
Would this work it looks too easy
hXXp://upload4.postimage.org/1926214/photo_hosting.html

7. Please post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as 3 pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them. Also we discovered that quite a number pictures hosted on other sites gets deleted after some time making the threads worthless on our forums.

You don't see any results for that setup for a reason, looks like a junior high kid put that together thinking he had a sweet hydro setup, probably used a normal light bulb to grow too.

Latest posts

Back