I Quit Smoking - Cigarettes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bubbles

Reaction score
I have smoked at least a pack a day for about 18-19 years and I am finally done. Its not easy but its time, its only been 4 days but I feel like a completely different person. Another week or two of hacking while the lungs clean themselves followed by the return of most of my senses.

Even my Marijuana smoking has decreased. Gonna start walking on the treadmill soon enough.

Any recent quitters out there?

I quit in November, was about a pack a day for about 17 years. Still enjoy the green of course :) Definitely was a good move, tobacco is not a satisfying drug at all, just deeply addictive.

Well I really never started.. I smoked newports for about a week, because after after a "rillo" man they had my head spinin.. But it just got old real fast.. ya dig.? But if you really are stoppin thats good, because where I work I sale cigs and people vow that they are gonna stop every week, but next week.. well you know the rest.. But man even "jane" too?:48: "I'm not telling you to smoke you see.. cuz if you just say no it's just mo for me".. Good Luck Man....

Well my brother quit about 3 or 4 months ago and still hasen't had one. It's gotta be hard for him seeing how i still smoke.

good job man i dont think ill be able to quit cigs for some time but maybe one day .........maybe one day

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Well my brother quit about 3 or 4 months ago and still hasen't had one. It's gotta be hard for him seeing how i still smoke.

Wow, he sure has strong will power, that is most excellent!!!!

I am not a recent quitter, but I am a quitter still. I quit 11 yrs ago when I was pregnant with my 1st. It was pretty easy, but then again the morning sickness helped a lot. ;)

I have tried a cig here and there over the years. Not doing it for me anymore. I'll stick to weed. Weed not only tastes good and smells good, but it alters my mood as well. Cigs never did that for me. What a rip off. :p

Good luck to all of you who decide to give up that yucky, nasty, stinky habbit. I will definately be cheering you guys on!!!!

Mr. Bubbles said:
Even my Marijuana smoking has decreased. Gonna start walking on the treadmill soon enough.

Any recent quitters out there?

About Seven years ago. You better still keep walking,you will gain weight:)

johnnybuds said:
About Seven years ago. You better still keep walking,you will gain weight:)

Aint that the truth!!!!

Also try chewing gum too. Sugarless of course. ;)

so whats the method? cold turkey? i've heard of some people having great success with some of the new prescription meds out there. cold turkey just makes me turn into a :hairpull: the gum tastes like :holysheep: and the inhalors are so terrible they just make me pick up a pack...

benamucc said:
so whats the method? cold turkey? i've heard of some people having great success with some of the new prescription meds out there. cold turkey just makes me turn into a :hairpull: the gum tastes like :holysheep: and the inhalors are so terrible they just make me pick up a pack...

Cold turkey. the bad attitude last's for about a month. you may even go back to smoking but the next time you Quite it will be easier to stay off them.

They say the best way to quit the ciggies is to just do it and whatever you do dont say "I will give up after this pack is finished"
Its all will power, How powerful is your mind?
Mine is not powerful or I would have given up the first time I tried to stop which was 10 years ago, I tried quitting about a dozen times since!
Good luck my friend in your mission;)

Ok this is what I did.

I started by allowing myself only 5 cigs a day. (I had a 2 pk a day habbit).

So I could light up, take a few puffs, then carefully knock the cherry off so I could smoke it again later.

Have you ever tried smoking a cig that had already been lit at one point? Totally NASTY!!!!!!!

Worked like a charm.

Old Toby said:
They say the best way to quit the ciggies is to just do it and whatever you do dont say "I will give up after this pack is finished"
Its all will power, How powerful is your mind?
Mine is not powerful or I would have given up the first time I tried to stop which was 10 years ago, I tried quitting about a dozen times since!
Good luck my friend in your mission;)

What if I say (I give up after this carton?) Sigh...my mind is not so powerful in willpower, but I'm trying to train it. Maybe we could start a Quit smoking thread if enough people want to try and kick the habit together???

well my friends I done the same thing and it been a month since I smoke a cig and I am toooo PACK OR SO A DAY and I have pill from the doc that helpping me out call Chantix and it has helped ..

It Better to Smoke Weed then Cigs......

I havent smoked a cig on purpose in over 6 years!! weird how some people pass them @ partys!!!! I smoke blunts though so the tobacco is still in my system a little. Goodluck with stayin clean!!!!

I bought the patch, and I am wearing 1/2 of one each day. I was so busy Saturday I forgot to put one on. Most importantly you have to WANT to quit to make it happen, will power like another stated. I have no doubt in my mind when I say I will never smoke again.

I started with the cars and worked about 4-5 hours on each de-smoking them. Now I am working in the house cleaning carpets and wiping down walls.

good luck man ,,,,be strong,,,,,p,l,r

I quit at a party new years night and it lasted for two days before had another cigarette. Didn't buy a pack until almost a month later. Now I'm down to about half a pack a day but I'm still trying to quit before I leave for florida on the 24th.

johnnybuds said:
Cold turkey. the bad attitude last's for about a month. you may even go back to smoking but the next time you Quite it will be easier to stay off them.

Took me like 6 times Quiting...but can say the sixth one was 12 years ago..:)

Latest posts

Back